Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

07.05.2019 06:42
ay many of their assets so they can plan both titles. Carta also is trying to becom Antworten

IOWA CITY, Iowa -- No. 1 Notre Dame passed its first road test.When things got close, the Irish turned to their pesky defense and balanced scoring attack to thwart any thoughts of an upset.Brianna Turner scored 15 points, Arike Ogunbowale added 14 and Notre Dame held off Iowa 73-58 on Wednesday night in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.Lindsay Allen had 11 points, eight assists and five steals for the Irish (7-0). They had 42 points in the paint and scored 21 points off 23 Hawkeyes turnovers.Notre Dame led by as many as 14 points in the first half and looked like it could turn the game into a blowout, but Iowa cut it to 50-48 with 2 1/2 minutes left in the third quarter. The Irish responded with an 11-1 run to pull away.That lapse in the second half irked Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw. She said the Irish lost focus and got too complacent.We werent containing the ball, we werent guarding, we werent boxing out, we werent making layups and we werent making good decisions, McGraw said. We just couldnt wait for the buzzer to go off. We just wanted the game to be over -- at least thats what it looked like.Ally Disterhoft led Iowa (5-3) with 18 points and Megan Gustafson had 16 points and 10 rebounds. The Hawkeyes hosted the top-ranked team for the first time since 1999.Turner became the 36th in Notre Dame history to eclipse the 1,000-point mark.Iowas 23 turnovers were a season-worse. Notre Dame forced 15 of those in the first half and then held the Hawkeyes to nine fourth-quarter points.Too many turnovers resulted in too many easy points for Notre Dame, Iowa coach Lisa Bluder said. We have to value the ball more.BIG PICTURE Notre Dame: The Irish responded well under some pressure in their first road game -- the latest theyve played their first true road game of a season since 1993. Notre Dames offense sputtered at times, but the defense had 15 steals and held Iowa to 4-of-19 shooting on 3-pointers.Iowa: The young Hawkeyes have lost three out of their last four games, but 10 players logged at least 8 minutes in a fairly competitive game against the nations top-ranked team. That experience should help Iowa later in the season.TIP-INS Turner, Ogunbowale and Allen were named to the Naismith Trophy watch list on Wednesday. The Irish are 4-0 all-time in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge. Iowa shot only 6 of 15 (38 percent) from the foul line. The Hawkeyes entered the game shooting 72 percent on free throws.COURTSIDE: Iowa mens coach Fran McCaffery and his wife, Margaret, watched the game from a few rows behind the Hawkeyes bench.Margaret McCaffery, the former Margaret Nowlin, played basketball at Notre Dame from 1988-92 and was a team captain. She later served on McGraws staff as a graduate assistant.Fran McCaffery was an assistant at Notre Dame from 1988-99. His Hawkeyes lost to Notre Dame 93-78 in South Bend on Tuesday.POLL IMPLICATIONS The double-digit win should be enough for Notre Dame to hold onto the top ranking ahead of next weeks No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup.UP NEXT Iowa: Starts a two-game home stretch against in-state rivals Sunday against Northern Iowa.Notre Dame: Gets a final tuneup Sunday with Valparaiso before next Wednesdays against No. 2 UConn. The Irish have lost five straight against the Huskies -- including the NCAA title game the last two seasons.Kd Shoes Cheap . "I wrote 36 on my sheet at the beginning of the game," the Cincinnati coach said, referring the yard line the ball would need to be snapped from. Kyrie Irving Shoes Clearance .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. http://www.cheapkdshoesclearance.com/cheap-lebron-james.html . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Nike KD 8 Shoes Clearance . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Lebron James Shoes Deal . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season.FORT WORTH, Texas -- IndyCar drivers will have Back The Blue decals on their cars and wear caps representing local police and national law enforcement agencies when they resume the rain-interrupted race at Texas Motor Speedway on Aug. 27.Just weeks after the June 12 postponement, five law enforcement officers were shot and killed July 7 in downtown Dallas at the end of a protest over protest over police-involved shootings in Louisiana and Minnesota in the days before that. There have been protests this week in Milwaukee after an officer-involved shooting there.Indianapolis 500 champion Alexander Rossi joined Texas Motor Speedway officials Wednesday on visits to the headquarters of the Fort Worth Police Department and the Dallas Police Department.It means a lot, we had an opportunity with the race being rescheduled to do something to show our appreciation, and our respect, and gratitude, Rossi said. Im just honored to be a part of it.Rossi and TMS President Eddie Gossage addressed officers at each department, and presented 200 tickets for the race at each stop. Police personnel will be admitted to the race free, along with a companion, by showing their badge.Gossage said all that is being done is a way to show respect to police and all first responders.Our fans blood runs red white and blue, probably moore than any other sport going, so it just made obvious sense, Gossage said.dddddddddddd To put the `Back The Blue decals on the car and for each of the drivers to wear a hat from a various police department, as opposed to their sponsor hats, thats a big deal.The Texas race in June was first pushed back a day because of rain, then the next day completed only 71 of the scheduled 248 laps before more rain led to an unprecedented 2 1/2-month delay.Fort Worth police officer Matt Pearce, who survived being shot multiple times by a fugitive during a manhunt in March, will return as Grand Marshal and give the drivers command to start their engines -- the same as he did in June. He appreciates what TMS and the IndyCar Series are doing for officers when the race resumes.It means a lot to every officer, anybody that wears a badge, Pearce said. I know that for me it was a big morale booster knowing that I had support, not only from my guys, but pretty much every agency throughout the Metroplex. I dont think theres an agency in Tarrant County that didnt chip in to support me when I needed their help, and thats huge. ... I really think that has a lot to do with how fast I have recovered. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz