Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

04.05.2019 15:20
ames worked out together, along with Dwyane Antworten

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Geno Smith is still No. 2 for the New York Jets.After previously being vague about the situation a few days ago, coach Todd Bowles said Smith will play after starter Ryan Fitzpatrick in the preseason game against the Giants on Saturday night.You always prepare the same way, Smith said after practice Wednesday. Its really no different. Im just continuing to work hard.There had been some uncertainty about the pecking order of the backups after Bryce Petty had a good performance and Smith struggled against Washington. On Sunday, Bowles wouldnt say for sure what the rotation of the quarterbacks would be this week.He did say then that he was clear about the four quarterbacks on the roster, adding, Until we make a change, there wont be (a change). Thats any position. When we make a decision at the end of camp, if it changes, it changes. And if it doesnt, it doesnt.Smith was asked Wednesday if Bowles had clarified his position on the depth chart.I dont see anything different, Smith said. I think hes already answered that question.Bowles acknowledged that Fitzpatrick and the starters are expected to play at least through the first half of the Jets third preseason game. Smith will then come in, followed by Petty at some point.Its unclear if rookie Christian Hackenberg will see any action this week. The second-round draft pick has not played in New Yorks first two games.Obviously, I want Fitz to play quite a bit and depending on how the offense goes, its hard to get three quarterbacks in the second half, Bowles said. Ill try to if everything goes right. In a perfect world, you want it. We really do want to try to get all of them in the game.Smith, of course, has plenty of experience after serving as the starter his first two NFL seasons. He lost his job last summer when he was punched by a then-teammate and had his jaw broken. Fitzpatrick seized the starting gig and then went on to one of the best seasons in team history with a franchise-record 31 touchdown passes.For a few months, it appeared Smith could have a shot at getting his job back as Fitzpatrick and the Jets engaged in a long contract stalemate. But Fitzpatrick re-signed just as training camp started, relegating Smith back to the sideline.Through two preseason games, Smith is 14 of 27 for 126 yards with a touchdown and an interception. Playing mostly against third-stringers, Petty is 23 of 40 for 335 yards with two TDs.While Bowles doesnt necessarily look at the third preseason game -- when most starters play into the third quarter and sit out the fourth game -- as a dress rehearsal for the regular season, Smith tries to treat every game as if its the most important one hell play in.Youve got to look at it all the same because you dont want to have a mental letdown, he said. Its all the same for me. Every single rep counts. Every single minute you get in practice or in the game counts. Youve always got to have that same mentality so that things dont change, no matter what the situation is.While the pecking order remains status quo at the moment, there remains some intrigue over whether the Jets will keep all four quarterbacks on their 53-man roster.Petty, a fourth-rounder out of Baylor last year, appeared to be the likely odd man out when camp started. But, he has shown enough progress to warrant serious consideration to remain on the roster.You can tell hes growing overall, quarterbacks coach Kevin Patullo said. His whole picture is getting cleaner. You could tell in the spring it was getting cleaner, and then as time goes on, you could just feel it. Hes understanding more, his questions are better, what he sees in the film room is better.And you could tell its just translating to the field a little bit cleaner.Game notesRB Matt Forte expects to play against the Giants after being sidelined most of camp with a hamstring injury. He hasnt played yet in the preseason, but said his leg is feeling healthy. Bowles said Forte should play if he doesnt have any setbacks. Bowles said hell see how he warms up. Im trying to get him playing because I want him to get hit before the first game (of the regular season), the coach said, and have that not be his first time. ... DE Muhammad Wilkerson (leg) could also play for the first time this preseason. ... TE Jace Amaro (groin), WR Quincy Enunwa (concussion), OLB Jordan Jenkins (calf) and WR Kenbrell Thompkins (groin) were among those who sat out practice.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/AP-NFLRay Ban Sunglasses Sale . DAmigo scored twice in regulation and added the shootout winner as the Toronto Marlies edged the San Antonio Rampage 5-4 in American Hockey League action. Cheap Ray Ban From China .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. http://www.cheapraybanfromchina.com/ . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Ray Ban Wholesale China . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury.PHILADELPHIA -- Sixers rookie Ben Simmons, the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, has drawn a lot of comparisons to Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James.Both playmaking forwards share an agent. Now, they even weigh the same.Simmons told reporters on Monday at 76ers media day that he has gained around 33 pounds since leaving LSU and is about 250 -- also James listed weight.Im a lot stronger [now], said Simmons, who was listed at 240 pounds while at LSU but said Monday that he weighed 217 before the June 23 draft. Im at the point where I want to cut down a little bit and play at a nice weight. Physically just being out there, guys are a lot stronger than in college, but Im also a lot stronger than I was in college, so its just about taking hits and bumps or whatever it is and finishing at the rim.The key to his weight gain, Simmons says, has been eating well, lifting weights and working hard.Shaquille ONeal recently said Simmons, 20, is a LeBron-like player given his ability to make everyone around him better -- especially with his passing skills. Simmons and James worked out together, along with Dwyane Wade, during the summer.They were good. They get in the gym and work. They dont play around, Simmons said of James and Wade.Asked specifically about James impact on him, Simmons said: I think just being around [LeBron] and learning from his habits and what he does has just helped me overall. Hell be one of the first guys in the gym every day -- it doesnt matterr what day it is.dddddddddddd I think hes done a lot for me, and helped me with his experiences.Simmons, a 6-foot-10 point forward, averaged 19.2 points, 11.8 rebounds and 4.8 assists during his only season at LSU before declaring for the draft.His potential seems limitless. But he also recognizes that he has a long way to go before he can be considered in the same class as James, a four-time MVP and three-time champion.Ive just got to put in the work and see what happens, Simmons said. Theres a lot of things people can say, but if I dont put in the work, its not going to mean anything.Simmons, though, has struggled with his jump shot. In six Summer League games, he shot only 32.2 percent.Ive been working on my shot a lot. I can shoot the ball. Im not really worried about that, he said.Simmons brushed off questions about personal goals like winning Rookie of the Year by saying he just wants to work hard and get better every day.Even though hes young, he hopes to lead in some ways. The Sixers are looking for Simmons to help turn things around. The franchise has lost 199 games over the last three seasons -- including a 10-72 finish in 2015-16.He is looking forward to finally making his NBA debut after training camp and the preseason.I think its still surreal for me, Simmons said. I think it will finally hit me once I step on the court. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz