Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

04.05.2019 15:19
sliding catch in right field on Yunel Escobars liner with a runne Antworten

Jonny Gray believes Argentina have become one of the most dangerous sides in the world after sharpening their claws on their southern hemisphere rivals.The Scotland lock has been impressed by the South Americans since they were admitted to the Rugby Championship back in 2014.They have already recorded wins over both Australia and South Africa and this year had the All Blacks worried when they lead for half an hour in Hamilton before eventually succumbing to a late onslaught.But Gray is concerned the Pumas could now pounce on his side when the Scots welcome Argentina to Murrayfield for Saturdays autumn Test clash.He said: Are they up there with the best sides in the world now? Id say so. Argentina are a great team. They can attack from anywhere. Look at the players they have got - guys like Agustin Creevy, some of their backs and their huge wingers, so they have some dangerous strike runners.They are always keeping the ball alive so you can never switch off. When it comes to facing them up front, in the scrum and in the line-out its going to be a huge challenge. Across the board we have to be switched on.You just have to look at some of their recent results in the Rugby Championship to realise they are a world-class side. They beat South Africa and then pushed New Zealand all the way.We have to be on it from minute one to the final whistle. We need to be clever, we cant be coughing up ball to them.But while the Glasgow forward is preparing to face a side who have made significant strides forward in recent years, he believe he still has some way to go before he himself can claim to be among the worlds top performers.Gray has been tipped for a call-up to the British and Irish Lions squad set to tour New Zealand next summer. His performance in Saturdays loss to Australia where he made all of his 24 tackles stick will have only improved his chances of making Warren Gatlands travel party.But Gray is not putting too much emphasis on the statistics.The 22-year-old said: I dont look at numbers. As a defence we all work for each other. Whoever is there makes the tackle and whoever misses the tackle is there to help clean up. We play for each other, we play with a lot of heart, so its a team effort, always.Im just lucky Ive got the coaches at Glasgow and Scotland who will sit down with me and show me where I can improve my game. Its really special getting to play for your country and to come up against some of the best second-rows in the world like we did at the weekend against Australia.Its a great opportunity to test yourself against these guys. I think Ive got a lot to improve on and a long way to go before Im at that level.But Im lucky Ive got players around me pushing me on. Were always pushing each other here.Cheap Hydro Flask Wholesale . MORITZ, Switzerland -- Fog prevented downhill racers from getting their Olympic dress rehearsal. Cheap Hydro Flask For Sale . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. http://www.cheaphydroflaskonline.com/ .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Cheap Hydro Flask . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Cheap Hydro Flask Ombre . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Lyle Overbay made the biggest in a series of big plays Saturday that showed why the New York Yankees are on top in the AL East. Overbay homered with two outs in the 11th inning, and the Yankees rallied late to beat the Tampa Bay Rays 4-3 on Saturday. "Hes a big reason why we are where were at," said New York manager Joe Girardi of Overbay, who is filling in for the injured Mark Teixeira. "Its a big home run. Its a big win." Overbay drilled a 1-0 pitch from Josh Lueke (0-2) into the right field seats to give New York the lead. "Id been missing fastballs all day, and it was good just to get on top of one," Overbay said. "Exciting to do that." Ivan Nova (2-1), who made his first relief appearance after returning from a right triceps injury and being moved from the Yankees rotation to the bullpen, struck out James Loney and got an inning-ending grounder from Matt Joyce with the bases loaded in the 10th. "Ive got to take advantage of every opportunity," Nova said. Mariano Rivera pitched a perfect 11th inning for his 18th straight save to start the season. The right-hander tied Dennis Eckersley for fourth place for games pitched with 1,071. He had been tied with Hoyt Wilhelm, who coached Rivera in the minors. "I think thats why we appreciate him so much because of his consistency year in and year out," Girardi said. The Yankees scored twice in the ninth against struggling Tampa Bay closer Fernando Rodney to pull even at 3. With two outs, Overbay walked, went to second on a balk, and scored on Brennan Boeschs pinch-hit RBI double. Brett Gardner then added a run-scoring single. Gardner was caught attempting to steal second with Robinson Cano batting. "When we tied it, youve got to feel good about your chances," Gardner said. "The momentum is on our side, but were still playing on the road and theyve got the last shot at it. Another outstanding pitching performance today, and we were able to steal one." Rodney is just 9 for 14 in save chances this year after converting 48 of 50 opportunities last season. "This has been really awkward to watch," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "Hes been within one pitch of almost being perfect thhis season.dddddddddddd. Three of the blown saves have come down to the last pitch. Ive not lost any patience with it. As long as he doesnt lose confidence in himself, I will not lose confidence in him." Tampa Bay appeared poised to win it in the bottom of the ninth, but Ichiro Suzuki made a sliding catch in right field on Yunel Escobars liner with a runner on second. "Amazing," Girardi said. "I heard some people in the stands, say There it is. They thought the game was over. Theres so many big things that happened in this game to give us an opportunity to win that game." Rays starter Matt Moore, looking to start the season 9-0, got a no-decision despite allowing one run and five hits in six innings. In his other start against New York this season, the left-hander gave up one run and two hits over eight innings on April 22 in a 5-1 victory. Yankees rookie Vidal Nuno allowed two runs and five hits over six-plus innings. The left-hander, making his second start and fourth appearance, has given up three runs in 14 innings overall. Loney singled off Nuno to start the seventh and went to third when Joyce had a pinch-hit double against Shawn Kelley. Kelly Johnson then put Tampa Bay up 2-1 on a single off Boone Logan. The Rays advantage grew to 3-1 when Joyce slid home safely under catcher Austin Romines tag attempt after Escobar hit a grounder to shortstop Jayson Nix. Johnson has driven in 18 runs over his 20 games this month. The Yankees took a 1-0 lead in the first when Gardner had a leadoff double and scored on a two-out single by Travis Hafner. Tampa Bay tied it at 1 on Desmond Jennings two-out RBI double during the fifth. NOTES: The Yankees are 2-17 when trailing after eight innings. ... Tampa Bay Buccaneers Pro Bowl defensive tackle Gerald McCoy was scheduled to throw the ceremonial first pitch, but was delayed getting to the ballpark due to a minor vehicle accident in which no one was injured. ... Nix was spiked and cut near the right wrist on a seventh-inning pickoff play. He remained in the game and stole second on the next pitch. ... The Yankees put OF Curtis Granderson on the 15-day disabled list with a broken knuckle on his left pinkie and recalled Boesch from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz