Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 87 mal aufgerufen
 Spiel
mary123 Offline

19.11.2019 09:28
the event, said Rose, who has a spons Antworten

BOSTON -- Shortstop Derek Jeter went back on the disabled list. Leadoff hitter Brett Gardner was ejected for throwing his helmet. And outfielder Zoilo Almonte sprained his ankle during the game. The already limping Yankees were further depleted in the first game after the All-Star break on Friday night when they lost 4-2 to Boston to fall seven games behind the AL East-leading Red Sox. "You just deal with it," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "No one is going to feel sorry for us." The Yankees fell behind 3-0 when starter Andy Pettitte gave up homers to Jacoby Ellsbury and Johnny Gomes. And they were ill-equipped to come back when Gardner and Almonte left the game and joined already injured starters Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira, Curtis Granderson and Francisco Cervelli. "It happens to every team, every year. Injuries are a part of it," Jeter said before the game. "Id be lying to you if I said it wasnt kind of odd the way things have been happening. You get guys back, they get hurt again. The number of guys is something that I havent seen here since Ive been here, but other teams have to deal with it, too." The Yankees placed their captain on the 15-day DL with a strained right quadriceps that he injured in his first game back last week after being out all season with a broken left ankle. Jeter rejected the possibility that he returned too soon from the injury he sustained in last years playoffs. "I dont think thats the case," he told reporters before the series opener on Friday. "I was ready to come back; I came back; I was running fine. This happened, but this happens to guys who go through full spring trainings and play a lot of games." The Yankees had waited to make a decision, using the four days of the All-Star break for the shortstop to receive treatment. Jeter said he had hoped to play against the Red Sox, but he hadnt tested his leg in anything close to a game environment. "Right now, its fine. But I havent run," he said. "Im pretty sure theyll make me run before they have me play." Jeter, 39, broke his left ankle in the opener of the AL championship series last October, then spent the winter and the first 3 1/2 months of the season getting back to the field. After just four rehabilitation games, the Yankees pushed up his return after Gardner and Travis Hafner got hurt. Jeter had been telling the team he was ready to return, and general manager Brian Cashman said he received positive reports from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Jeter returned to a huge ovation and beat out an infield hit on the first pitch he saw in the majors this year. But he left the game against Kansas City on July 11 in the eighth inning when his quad tightened in his third at-bat. "I dont think they trust me too much anymore," he said at Fenway Park. Jeter said at the time he hoped the strain was "not a big deal." He missed the weekend series against Minnesota and hoped to avoid the DL. "Its frustrating. Ive spent a lot of time trying to get my ankle right and get back on the field, which I did," he said Friday. "Finally, when that was good to go, something else happens. These things happen. Ive played entire spring trainings and pulled a muscle at the end. I think a lot of times people want to try to tie one to the other. Its not necessarily the case." The Yankees also signed infielder Brent Lillibridge from Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Jeter joins Teixeira (wrist surgery), outfielder Granderson (broken pinkie) and catcher Cervelli (broken hand), who have been hurt and then had setbacks or second injuries. Teixeira returned briefly before season-ending surgery. Cervelli developed a stress reaction and is shut down for now. Granderson broke his forearm in his first at-bat in spring training only to be hit again after eight games back. Despite all the injuries, the Yankees were 51-44 at the All-Star break, six games behind first-place Boston but in fourth in the AL East. They were three games out of the last wild-card spot. Granderson has resumed taking on-field batting practice at the Yankees minor league complex in Tampa, Fla., and says he is "working on repetition" with his swing. Team officials have said Granderson could be back early next month. Infielder Jayson Nix, sidelined by a strained right hamstring, got six at-bats during a simulated game in Tampa. Hes started 40 games at shortstop and 24 games at third base this season for the Yankees. Rodriguez is playing with Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, likely the final stop in his rehabilitation from left hip surgery before he returns to the Yankees as early as Monday. "From everything I understand, he feels good," Jeter said. "I think hes going to help us." CJ Wilson Angels Jersey . But now that hes in the NHL, the Calgary Flames centre showed big improvement in that department by scoring the winner in the eighth round of a 5-4 shootout victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Monday. Tim Salmon Angels Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. https://www.cheapangels.com/143j-justin-anderson-jersey-angels.html . But by the time the game started, the Toronto Raptors forward felt even worse. And, for three quarters, it showed as Gay shot a woeful three-for-13 from the field. Dick Enberg Jersey . "It doesnt get any better than that," Giambi said. "Im speechless." The Indians are roaring toward October. Giambi belted a two-run, pinch-hit homer with two outs in the ninth inning to give Cleveland a shocking 5-4 win over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night, keeping the Indians up with the lead pack in the AL wild-card race. Joe Garagiola Angels Jersey . How great will be revealed in the next couple of days at the board of governors meeting in Pebble Beach, Calif. PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. -- Olympic gold and silver medalists Justin Rose and Henrik Stenson were among the first to sign up for the PGA Tours first team event since 1981.The Zurich Classic outside New Orleans will feature 80 two-man teams, and both players will receive credit for an official victory, the tour said Monday.Rose outlasted Stenson in the final round at Rio to capture the gold medal. They also have gone 4-2 as partners in the last two Ryder Cups.The addition of a team format adds a new, incredibly exciting element to the event, said Rose, who has a sponsorship deal with Zurich. Henrik and I are very excited to tee it up together in April, and hopefully we can continue our longstanding chemistry and success in team formats.Jason Day, the worlds No. 1 player, and Rickie Fowler also announced plans to compete as a team.The Zurich Classic is April 27-30 at the TPC Louisiana. It will feature two rounds of foursomes (Thursday and Saturday) and two rounds of fourballs. Tour officials felt it was important to have foursomes (alternate shot) as part of the format so that both players contributed.The winning team will each get credit for an official PGA Tour victory and be exempt into the Tournament of Champions and the PGA Championship, just like a regular PPGA Tour event.dddddddddddd. It does not include an exemption to the Masters, which is held three weeks before the Zurich Classic.Prize money and FedEx Cup points will be distributed based on sharing points for two positions. Using last years prize money, first place ($1,260,000) and second place ($756,000) would be combined and then split, awarding each player $1,008,000. The runner-ups would split third- and fourth-place money. For the FedEx Cup, because first place is worth 500 points and second place is worth 300 points, each winner would get 400 points.The last official team event was the Walt Disney World Team Championship in 1981.Players can pick their own partners, provided they have PGA Tour status or receive a sponsors exemption.That creates a field of 160 players, with a cut after the second round to the top 35 ties. In case of a tie, a playoff would be determined using fourballs.The tour hopes to create more interest and to complement the team format used in the Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup and World Cup. The PGA Tour now has stroke play, match play, modified Stableford scoring (Barracuda Championship) and now a team format. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz