Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 112 mal aufgerufen
 Schule
ruogu1234 Offline

16.11.2019 03:05
theyre reason for why we are where we are Antworten

With his Colorado Avalanche set to take on the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night, it slipped coach Patrick Roys mind that his number hangs from the rafters at the Bell Centre. "I forgot," said Roy. "See how focused I am for the game?" Of course, the legendary Habs netminder was kidding. "I made sure it was there with no dust on it," Roy joked about his banner that was raised in 2008. Roy, with his Avalanche firmly in possession of a playoff spot, returns to Montreal as a coach for the first time with plenty of Jack Adams buzz surrounding him. The first-year coach has his Avalanche sitting in second place in the Central Division, six points behind the St. Louis Blues, with a shot at the Presidents Trophy. It was in Quebec with the QMJHLs Remparts that Roy got his coaching start and credits his time there with getting him ready for the rigours of an NHL job and how to relate to his players. "The days with the Remparts prepared me really well and helped me a lot," said Roy. "I think that this is a group that needs positivity and its easy for me to be positive because they work so hard." Known for never blowing up at his team during intermissions, Roy doesnt see the need for post-period tirades. "Theres nothing you can do about the first or second, its what you can do in the third," he said. The first year for a coach in the NHL is always a major learning experience and rookie bench bosses tend to fail a lot more than they succeed. Roy credits an understanding with his players as to why he is thriving. "We based our relationships in trust and respect and a partnership," explained. The 48-year-old Sainte-Foy, Quebec says hes made sure that his return to Montreal will be focused on getting two points for his Avalanche and that Tuesdays game isnt about him. "I was trying to not think too much about it," said Roy. "I tried to have a simple approach to this game. I dont try to put myself ahead of the team. Its not about me, its about them. They deserve the credit for our success and theyre reason for why we are where we are." Any enmity that lingered after Roys acrimonious exit from the Canadiens in 1995 is long gone, says the four-time Stanley Cup-winner. "It didnt really last very long for me," said Roy. "Its been behind me for a long time, but it takes two to dance sometimes." With his number retired in 2008 and his participation in the teams centennial ceremony the following year, Roy credits Canadiens fans for welcoming him back with open arms, citing calls for him to coach the team in 2012 prior to the re-hiring of Michel Therrien. "It was nice to see that the past was behind us and we could move on," said Roy. "For the ego, it feels good." The Habs host the Avalanche on Tuesday at 7:30pm et. Catch all of the action live on TSN Canadiens or listen on TSN Radio 690. Matt Magill Jersey . The Opening Day starter played 53 games this season hitting .192 with nine home runs and 25 RBI. Red Sox manager John Farrell has decided to start Jose Iglesias at third base as of late instead of Middlebrooks. Robinson Cano Mariners Jersey .com) - The Ottawa Senators will try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive when they face the Chicago Blackhawks who are trying to secure their place in the post-season. https://www.cheapmariners.com/1905k-robinson-cano-jersey-mariners.html . Traditional contenders Brazil, Greece and Turkey drew the other three spots to complete the 24-team field for this summers tournament in Spain, basketball governing body FIBA announced Saturday at its meeting in Barcelona. Justin Dunn Jersey . -- Ben Brust scored 19 points to lead six Wisconsin players in double figures as the No. Taijuan Walker Mariners Jersey . - Jerome Verrier scored the winner 8:24 into overtime and Louis-Phillip Guindon stopped 46 shots as the Drummondville Voltigeurs edged the host Val-dOr Foreurs 4-3 on Friday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoff action.VANCOUVER -- The man who coached the Canadian womens soccer team to a historic bronze medal at the London Olympics has made a long-term commitment to remain with the program. John Herdman said extending his contract with the Canadian Soccer Association through the 2020 Summer Games gives him the chance to build on what has already been accomplished. "Its a wonderful opportunity to be able to lead a legacy," the told a news conference Thursday. "We have been planning for a 10-year plan since I came into the organization. "To know you can actually see that through and youve got the backing and support of people, its a great place be a leader." Peter Montopoli, the CSAs general secretary, said the agreement brings continuity to the womens team. Herdmans previous contract ran through the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Canada will host the 2015 FIFA Womens World Cup with the championship game being played at BC Place Stadium in Vancouver. Herdman will now also guide the program through the 2019 World Cup and 2020 Olympic Games. "John is the inspiration and the leader of the program," said Montopoli. "There is nobody better in the world that we believe can lead the program." Herdman, an Englishman, took over the Canadian womens program in 2011. The bronze at the London Olympics was the first Canadian medal in a traditional team sport at a Summer Games since 1936. There had been speculation Herdman could leave the CSA after Hope Powell, the long-time coach of Englands womens team, was fired this summer. Family and friends were calling Herdman, asking him if he was coming home. "Youre grandma is ringing, your moms ringing, your brother," he said. "Everyone is saying you are coming home." Herdman said the situation in England "brought some real clarity" to what he wanted to do in Canada. The 38-year-old father of two said his wife and family enjoy living in Vancouver, adding "Canada is where we wanted to be." Montopoli said the CSA had been speaking with Herdman about an extension for a number of months. "No matter what was happening in England or not, it was something that was going to happen," he said. "It just took some time." National team veteran Sophie Schmidt said its a relief knowing Herdman isnt leaving. "Its comforting," said the midfielder. "As soon as I heard news about the whole English thing I had this unsettled feeling in my stomach. "He means so much for the team. Its such a relief to know that hes here for a significant amount of time.dddddddddddd" Part of Herdmans long-term vision is to improve development programs in Canada to produce more players like national team captain Christine Sinclair. "Now the things that we planned we can progressively put in place so we have a world-class womens national team (and) a world-class development system that underpins it," he said. "Weve always said the womens national team is the priority. But realistically, unless the conveyor belt is right, then we wont see more Sinclairs very often. We have to have more Sinclairs, more often, to keep this team on the podium consistently." In time, Herdman may step away from coaching. "Hopefully Im not coaching in the 2019 World Cup or Olympics," he said. "One of my goals would be to have women leading women moving forward. I would love to see one of these national team players, with all their experience, stepping forward into that role. "When they are ready, somebody will do that, but you have to be ready. You have to have someone with those world-class capabilities." Schmidt said defender Carmelina Moscato or midfielder Diana Matheson have the potential to be future national team coaches. Montopoli said Herdmans long-term role hasnt been defined. "He will certainly be involved in womens football across the country. It will develop. It will be evolving," Montopoli said. "Certainly John will be overseeing almost everything that is going on, on the womens side." The CSA also announced the womens team will play Mexico in an international friendly Nov. 24 at BC Place. Canada beat Mexico at the Olympic qualifying tournament in Vancouver to advance to the London Games. Herdman said he will use that game to introduce some new players to the lineup. "It wont be the same people playing as weve seen back two years ago," he said. Herdman was head coach of the New Zealand womens national team from 2006 to 2011. He joined the Canadian program after former coach Carolina Morace quit following Canadas last-place finish at the 2011 Womens World Cup in German. Under Herdman, the Canadian women won the gold medal at the Pan-Am Games in Mexico later that year before reaching the podium in London. Herdman understands the team now faces high expectations. "As soon as you get on a podium expectations are up," he said. "The goal for us is Canada should be able to podium consistently." ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz