Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 109 mal aufgerufen
 Schule
ruogu1234 Offline

16.11.2019 03:04
off a deflection in the fourth minute that Antworten

VANCOUVER -- It was a case of two points lost rather than a point gained for the Vancouver Whitecaps. The Montreal Impact came into Wednesday with the worst record in Major League Soccer, but managed to hold the high-powered Whitecaps to a 0-0 draw in a dreary match that seemed destined to remain goalless after just a few minutes. "It wasnt very enjoyable watching it, was it?" Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson asked the media afterwards. "I didnt enjoy watching it and I dont think the players enjoyed playing in it. Bad day at the office I think we call it. We take a point." In reality it was a missed opportunity for Vancouver (5-2-7), which entered play having scored nine goals over its last three contests, but looked flat coming out of the MLSs World Cup hiatus that resulted in an 18-day layoff. "We were hoping that the break didnt have any impact on us but obviously we have to say after this match it looked like it did," said Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted. "Definitely not the result we were looking for. We were definitely hoping for a win at home but this just shows you theres no easy games in MLS. I think we took it a little bit too lightly today." Ousted was forced to make a number of key saves early as the Whitecaps -- who had not played since June 7 -- looked asleep at the switch in the first half. Vancouver eventually got on the front foot as the game wore on, but it wasnt enough to earn a sixth victory on the season. "Well take the positives from it. We kept a clean sheet and thats eight games unbeaten now," said Whitecaps defender Andy OBrien. "I think its a sign ... that if you dont play well make sure you dont get beat." Montreal (2-7-5) entered the night last in MLS and remains winless on the road in 2014, but gutted out a hard-fought point. "I thought we defended very well and were committed to that part of the game (and) also had some very good chances to get the three points," said Impact head coach Frank Klopas. "I felt in the end we got a point in a difficult place and now we have to continue." The result is a disappointment for Vancouver, which occupies a Western Conference playoff spot and have games in hand on every other team currently in a post-season position. The Whitecaps travels to Colorado on Saturday to take on the Rapids, one of the teams theyre battling in the standings. After a first half that showed some considerable rust on the hosts, Vancouver came out with renewed vigour after the break. Whitecaps midfielder Kekuta Manneh fired a shot from outside the box that Troy Perkins had dive to keep out a minute in, before Pedro Morales nearly snuck a free kick home on a shot that required a finger-tips save from the Montreal goalkeeper. Things then started to open up a bit with 20 minutes to go as the teams finally found some inspiration. Vancouver striker Darren Mattocks flashed a shot wide in the 72nd minute before Impact midfielder Maxim Tissot hit the crossbar behind Ousted moments later. Whitecaps defender Carlyle Mitchell then forced a fine save from Perkins off a corner five minutes later, and Jordan Harveys follow up hit the crossbar. Montreal found the woodwork again in the 83rd when striker Jack McInerney headed off the post following a free kick. "The top teams in the world dont play well every game," said Robinson. "Thats the reality of it. I think every game weve played (at home) weve been excellent. "We were not playing with an urgency and a tempo that we have done." Montreal also had an extended 14-day break, but an Impact team missing striker Marco Di Vaio and midfielders Justin Mapp and Calum Mallace because of injury were perhaps a bit unlucky not to be leading at halftime. Ousted was forced to make a one-handed save off a deflection in the fourth minute that easily could have found its way over the line. McInerney then sent a shot into the side netting of Ousteds goal in the 26th minute, before Mattocks fizzed a ball towards Perkins from a distance that didnt cause any trouble five minutes later. Montreals best chance to take the lead came in stoppage time when Ousted had to scramble to make two saves to keep things level heading to the locker-rooms. "Theyre not going to come here and lie over, and they didnt," said Robinson of the Impact. "They thoroughly came and probably got something they deserved." The Welshman added he wont dwell on the missed opportunity with a critical away game in Colorado set for the weekend. "Well put this one to bed," said Robinson. "I watched it once, and that was enough." Notes: Ousted and Perkins each picked up their third shutouts of the season. ... Whitecaps striker Erik Hurtado saw his streak of goals in five straight games come to an end. ... Mitchell started in place of Vancouver captain Jay DeMerit, who tore a ligament in his left ankle in the game on June 7. ... Montreals next game is Sunday at home against the Houston Dynamo. ... Montreal has had a disastrous MLS campaign so far, but did win this years Amway Canadian Championship. ... Vancouvers two losses in MLS play is tied for second lowest with Real Salt Lake. ... Attendance at B.C. Place Stadium was 21,000. David Freitas Brewers Jersey . The team of Lars Nelson, Daniel Richardsson, Johan Olsson, and anchor Marcus Hellner cruised to victory in the 4x10 km event, winning in a time of one hour, 28 minutes, and 42. Christian Yelich Brewers Jersey . This week they discuss Russias mens hockey team, the ineptitude of the IOC handling the Nicklas Backstrom situation, John Tortorellas many apologies, and Canadas strong showing in curling. https://www.cheapbrewers.com/1959y-chris-capuano-jersey-brewers.html . -- Andy Granatelli, the former CEO of STP motor oil company who made a mark on motorsports as a car owner, innovator and entrepreneur, has died. Teddy Higuera Jersey . It was the start of one nice night for the goalie and the Minnesota Wild. Backstrom made 33 saves in his first win of the season and the Wild defeated the Chicago Blackhawks 5-3 on Saturday in a rematch of their first-round playoff series. Jordan Lyles Brewers Jersey . Fabio Fognini pulled off a surprise 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over two-time Grand Slam champion Andy Murray to level the best-of-five quarterfinal at 2-2 before Andreas Seppi defeated James Ward 6-4, 6-3, 6-4 in the decisive match.Colin Nish is confident he can make a successful return to management despite not having his contract renewed at Cowdenbeath. Former Hibernian and Kilmarnock striker Nish took charge of the Scottish League 1 side in the summer after signing as a player in January 2015. The club suffered a second straight relegation at the weekend when they lost 2-1 on aggregate to Queens Park in the League 1 play-off semi-final. On Thursday the club released a statement announcing Nish would not be offered a new contract after his deal expired at the end of the season.Despite relegation to Scotlands fourth tier, Nish told Sky Sports News HQ he was surprised by the decision as he had been assured he would be at Central Park regardless of where the club finished this season. Colin Nish holds off current Rangers assistant manager David Weir in a match in 2011 He said: Whether we were relegated or not I was told Id be there and I think at that time we were bottom of the league. We went on a good run and just missed out on staying up automatically.Thats why Im disappointed. Ive been involved in football for a long time and I know these things dont make much of a difference until something is signed.I was never in the position where I was 100 per cent sure Id be there, but at the same time I thank Cowdenbeath for the opportunity. Ive learned a lot this year which will hopefully hold me in good stead for the future.With limited resources, the former Hartlepool forward believes he did the best job possible and would love another go at management in the near future. Rangers 5-1 Cowdenbeath - Scottish Cup fourth round Im proud of myself because I feel that I did a good job based on the budget that I had, which is all I can go by, he said.Nish continued: I want to do something in football, thats my passion and thats what I enjoy doing. Ive certainly not lost any confidence. If anything IIve gained confidence in my managerial capabilities.ddddddddddddIve learned a lot this year, probably more than I did in my playing career in terms of different things about being a manager. I will definitely come back stronger given the opportunity.The beginning of the season was really tough. I didnt have a team basically. Then I built a team I felt was capable of challenging for the play-offs going up the way.In January we lost a couple of players I signed on loan at the start, but we could only get them until January and they unfortunately left. That made it really difficult to build a team again. I felt like I nearly got there but there wasnt enough time to do it at the end of the season.I dont see any benefits from Cowdenbeath not keeping me on as a manager. I dont see whats going to change for them next year with a different manager. I think I proved this year that I was capable of building a team on a small budget. Unfortunately I lost that in January but I did prove that I can do it. Colin Nish reacts after Cowdenbeath lost to Rangers in the Scottish Cup Nish took Cowdenbeath to the Scottish Cup fourth round this year, where they were drawn against a resurgent Rangers at Ibrox. The tie was subsequently chosen to be live on Sky Sports, but Nish says the occasion was more of a hindrance than a highlight of his managerial career.He said: It was a distraction we didnt need really. And at the time we were going quite well and it was around that time we lost a lot of our players so that was the start of a difficult couple of months.The money the club received didnt do me any good in the long run because in January its hard to sign players so the money will probably be best used now.So I never got any benefit out of that. Im not saying that the club wouldnt have given me any money to strengthen. But hopefully that money benefits the new manager and helps the club bounce back up. Also See: Scottish Championship video Fixtures Table Live on Sky ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz