Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 89 mal aufgerufen
 Games
mary123 Offline

25.10.2019 09:02
re coming off a 55-31 loss to Antworten

For more than a decade and a half, my typical work week is hard to explain. Especially the part of keeping an eye on chiseled men taking center stage and stripping down to bikini briefs. A Chippendales consultant, Im not. Boxing weigh-ins are unlike anything else in sports. Calling fights week after week on national TV fosters an appreciation for them, the texture and passion of the sport is why its one of Hollywoods all-time favorite storytelling crutches to lean on. At least parts of it are.The overused late-round drama crescendo is an easy go-to for directors. But the day before the fight weigh-in? Its mostly ignored. Or its dismissed as a convenient scripted smack-talk moment.Then comes the 2016 biopic Bleed For This, the story about former five-time champion Vinny Paz. In what is as authentic a scene I have ever enjoyed in a fight film, native New Yorker Ben Younger perfectly captures the weigh-in for Pazs fight against Roger Mayweather 26 years earlier. He gets it. His film gets it.Forget the hackneyed approach to rating a boxing flick. You know the sports fan review where bona fides are based on how valid the in-the-ring action looks. Although it is quite good, it doesnt need to apply here.What Younger and his team were able to do in the opening 10 minutes of Bleed For This impressed me. It drew me in. It revealed enough of the world champion Paz to demand I needed to know it all. And for lead actor Miles Teller, it probably revealed more than he ever thought hed have to as well.Teller, who has a lot of natural born fighter traits to him, was on the scale in nothing but a small swath of animal print. As the real-life Vinny told him during production, Stuff a banana in your undies. From that outrageously entertaining opening round this film goes on to stuff a lot into its power punch.Ive known the real-life characters fairly well for many years now. They are mined from the cross-section of society boxing exposes us to and welcomes in.Vinny Paz grew up in Providence, Rhode Island -- a hard working prideful town that is a character unto itself in the film. The Pazienza family was woven into Vinnys life tighter than the canvas tautly pulled over the local ring mat he called home.His manager, Lou Duva, was captured well by veteran actor Ted Levine. And as for the role of trainer Kevin Rooney, it was a superb job climbing a challenging mountain of portrayal by Aaron Eckhart.I first met the real-life Rooney when I was 15 years old. I was a fan ringside at a local club show and he was in the corner of soon-to-be heavyweight champion Mike Tyson. Years later, I was now the boxing expert, still talking the sweet science with Rooney as he was in the later stages of an often interrupted career. Alcohol abuse and this game can take a toll. You play baseball and basketball. You dont play boxing. Eckhart gave us an excellent glimpse of the real Rooney.Bleed For This does what many fight films fail to do. It defines the champion from the inside out. It takes us into his psyche.It doesnt play on underdog themes overcoming impossible odds. It doesnt care if the champ is winning to right some wrong or avenge some injustice. It doesnt try to wow you with a dramatic get-up-off-the-canvas climbs.Yes, its a comeback story. However, its really a story of understanding what it means to be a fighter. To be wired differently from the rest.Heavyweight king of yesteryear Jack Dempsey was wont to say, A champion is someone who gets up even when they cant.That is what Bleed For This captures. And its exactly why it will capture your attention. Stitched Mariners Jerseys . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. Mariners Jerseys 2020 . Ouellette, from Montreal, already has three Olympic gold medals since joining the team in 1999. https://www.cheapmariners.com/ . 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time. Young formally announced his retirement Friday after returning to Rangers Ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons. Seattle Mariners Pro Shop . Capitals head coach Adam Oates said Ovechkin was injured in the first period against the Vancouver Canucks on Monday and clarified it was not a head injury. Cheap Mariners Jerseys . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. GREENVILLE, N.C. -- Only one thing stands between Navy and a division title -- an East Carolina team that the Midshipmen have dominated on the road.Navy will clinch the American Athletic Conferences West Division with a victory over the struggling Pirates on Saturday.First-year East Carolina coach Scottie Montgomery says hes using his teams spoiler status as motivation.Were going to try to pull motivation from everywhere we can get it from, Montgomery said.After beating Tulsa last week , the Midshipmen (7-2, 5-1) need only to beat East Carolina (3-7, 1-5) or SMU next week to wrap up the division title and a spot in the Americans title game on Dec. 3.Beating the Pirates hasnt exactly been much of a problem in Greenville: Navy has won both visits here by scores of 76-35 in 2010 and 56-28 two years later, averaging 516 yards rushing in those blowouts.And while Navys scheme remains the same, coach Ken Niumatalolo says those results dont mean anything this year.I dont know the reason -- we happened to play well those games, Niumatalolo said. Its a new year, new game, new team, new coach. ... Everythings different. I mean, we cant look at that. Im sure theyre not looking at it. The past is the past.The present has been rough for Montgomery in his first season as a head coach. The Pirates have lost two straight and seven of eight, and are coming off a 55-31 loss to SMU . East Carolina ranks 124th nationally in turnover margin, with 22 giveaways to just eight takeaways.Those are definitely things we are going to have to clean up if were going to move forward with everything that were trying to get done, Montgomery said.---Some other things to know about the Navy-East Carolina game:NAVYS OFFENSE: With their triple--option, ball-control offense, the Midshipmen always seem to rank among the nations best teams on the ground.dddddddddddd Navy is fourth nationally -- but behind the other two service academies -- with an average of nearly 310 yards rushing. This is going to be a possession game, Montgomery said. We can slow the game down, and we can speed the game up, but it comes down to possessions.ZAY DAY: East Carolina WR Zay Jones leads the nation in yards receiving (1,473) and receptions (139) -- and enters the Navy game needing just eight catches to break the NCAA career record held by a former Pirates teammate, Justin Hardy, who caught 380 passes from 2011-14. Its conflicting to start with because this isnt where we want to be, Montgomery said. There are a lot of things that we want to do better. In the middle of it all, I see the shining light that Zay has been in. I know its been tough for him and its especially tough when youre a senior.MIDS HEALTH: Niumatalolo says starting CB Elijah Merchant (head) is doubtful, RB Calvin Cass (ankle) is probable and FB Chris High (ankle) remains questionable. High, whose 71 carries are second only to QB Will Worth (215), started the first eight games but missed the Tulsa game.FULL OR HALF NELSON? Montgomery says QB Philip Nelson has been dealing with shoulder tenderness. Nelson was 11 of 19 for 144 yards with two interceptions, one returned 70 yards for a touchdown, in the loss to SMU. Gardner Minshew replaced him and was 18 of 30 for 170 yards with a touchdown and also threw a pick-six.---More AP college football: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz