Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

08.10.2019 09:12
have to look, act or Be Like Mike to Antworten

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Moe Wagner slapped at the ball with his right hand, and it popped straight up in the air.For a moment, it looked like a possible foul.As far as I know, I blocked it, Wagner said.The officials concurred, and Michigan held on for a 53-50 victory over Texas on Tuesday night. Wagner gave the Wolverines the lead on a putback with 18.8 seconds remaining, and then the sophomore blocked a shot by Eric Davis Jr. at the other end.Wagner led the Wolverines (7-2) with 15 points, and the 6-foot-11 forward from Germany made the biggest plays down the stretch. When Zak Irvin missed a driving layup, Wagner came up with the rebound and scored to put Michigan up 51-50.I thought he was terrific, Texas coach Shaka Smart said. I thought he was the best player on the floor tonight.The Wolverines hounded Texas (4-4) on the next possession, and Davis drove down the left edge of the lane. Wagner blocked his path, and the Texas guard tried to force a tough shot over him. Wagner contested it , and the ball never made it to the basket.Couldve gotten a better one, Davis said. Any one of us couldve taken it.Muhammad-Ali Abdur Rahkman ripped the loose ball away for Michigan, then made two free throws with 2.5 seconds to play. The Longhorns could only manage a desperation shot from around midcourt.Tevin Mack led Texas with 18 points, 13 coming in the first half.D.J. Wilson scored 13 points for Michigan, and Duncan Robinson added 12.BIG PICTURETexas: This was the first true road game of the season for the Longhorns, and they nearly pulled it out in a tight, defensive struggle. Texas held Irvin to only three points after he entered as Michigans top scorer. The Longhorns shot only 38.5 percent from the field, which was ultimately their undoing.Michigan: The Wolverines let a home game slip away against Virginia Tech last week, and they had to scrap their way to this victory. Michigan wants to become a better defensive team this season, and in that sense, this was a positive step -- especially on the key possession at the end. The Wolverines, who had fouls to give, played aggressively, and Wagner came up with the block.With Moes emergence right now -- and hes a long ways away -- but it gives us another way to play, Michigan coach John Beilein said.STRUGGLESMichigan didnt get much scoring from its two senior starters. Irvin was scoreless until his 3-pointer with 4:03 remaining tied it at 48. After that shot went in, he raised both his arms skyward in apparent relief.Derrick Walton had only seven points and five turnovers for the Wolverines. He needs nine more points to reach 1,000.You dont see us win many where its just about -- our defense was gritty, Beilein said. It was tough in the last two minutes. Everything it wasnt in the Virginia Tech last two or three minutes, it was tonight, where our kids just sat down and guarded. Nobody could make a shot. It was not a pretty offensive game, but we got done what we had to get done.UP NEXTTexas: The Longhorns return home to face Long Beach State on Saturday.Michigan: The Wolverines take on another big-name opponent when they play at No. 2 UCLA on Saturday. The unbeaten Bruins will be Michigans last road opponent before conference play.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 .---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister Air Max 97 Cheap Womens . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Cheap Air Max 97 Gold China . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.cheapairmax97fromchina.com/cheap-air-max-97-black-china/ . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. Cheap Air Max 97 Yellow China . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Cheap Air Max 97 Grey China . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. The mission was clear: Go to the NBA. Take over. Do so in a way that told the basketball world a new era had arrived.If you were not a part of his inner circle, Allen Iverson didnt give a damn about you. The thing is, he was atypical in that he wanted you to know it, specifically because it was his way of saying he knew you would never give a damn about him anyway, no matter how much you smiled in his face.His talent would make you care.His performance would make you salivate.His achievements would make you kneel.All the way to the Hall of Fame, someday.Iversons story is not foreign, of course. Its similar to that of many players in todays NBA. Most are African-Americans. Most come from impoverished backgrounds. Almost all strive to elevate themselves to a level of greatness that has forced a global audience to pay attention, to emulate, then join.Yet very few have ever impacted basketball like Iverson. No matter how hard they try.I always tell folks I played every game like its my last, Iverson said earlier this week, in advance of his Hall of Fame induction on Friday. And I meant that. But sometimes I dont think people realize what I mean when I say that. Its not just about playing so hard; its why I played so hard. You know what I mean? Its what I wondered would happen to me if I didnt do it.Youve got to know my history and how I truly feel to realize where Im coming from.But few will ever know. No matter how hard they try.During to a career that would culminate with Iverson averaging 26.7 points per game, winning four scoring titles and one MVP -- at 6 feet, 165 pounds -- folks witnessed his heroics but barely knew the intimate challenges he faced.Iverson knew being incarcerated, then granted clemency, wasnt a likable trait for Madison Avenue; that he wasnt the ideal spokesman for the NBA. Iverson knew a visibly polished Kobe Bryant was preferable to the tattoos, cornrows and street persona proudly worn on the sleeves, neck and elsewhere on this former All-American out of Georgetown.But Iverson also knew everyone couldnt be Bryant or Michael Jordan. He knew that if MJ and Kobe -- and no one else -- were the standard, society wouldnt have a true depiction of NBA stars to come.I was 6 feet, so folks could relate to that, he once told me. I was 165 pounds, so folks could relate to that. But I was also someone who wanted to be me, judged for what I do and who I am, instead of what you say Im suppose to be. Its true that some [people] dont want to play the game, but a lot of dudes dont know how to. And even the ones that do, most aint going to be accepted. So what about them?Even today that is still a legitimate question.LeBron James has helped provide answers by showing you he can be a champion, pre-eminent role model and global icon, even if tattoos are draped all over his body. Steph Curry has proven as much, as well, by being a baby-faced, long-range assassin who, at 6-foot-3, looks like a regular dude instead of a Goliath of a man.From Carmelo Anthonny to Chris Paul to Dwyane Wade and beyond, players are speaking not just with their play on the court, but with their willingness to address issues off the court.dddddddddddd. And although Iverson is no innovator in that department, his willingness to express himself certainly made it easier for athletes to open up more in a day and age thats demanding it, not asking.What few knew is that Iverson wasnt this way because he couldnt help himself. He was that way because he could be, because he wanted the world to look beyond the veneer, forcing everyone to acknowledge that you didnt have to look, act or Be Like Mike to be immensely popular to basketball and the world.In the midst of all of that, there were personal challenges.There were friends and family who always wanted money and time. There was a loving wife, Tawanna, whom he fully admits he should have appreciated more. There were many days when charity was expected instead of appreciated. There was even a time, according to close confidants, when a member of his inner circle forgot where they parked a Bentley, a ride Iverson had purchased for them, at Philadelphia International Airport -- and instead of continuing to look for it, they simply went to the dealership and bought another one because, well, they could.I didnt know anything about that, Iverson once told me. Maybe because I didnt want to know, honestly!The challenges were relentless. And this was before Twitter, Facebook and the like became so entrenched. But Iverson still marched on.He rose. He fell. He crumbled. Then rose again. Financially. Ethically. Morally at times. Letting critics talk, cynics swell and allowing his life to become far more difficult than it needed to be.There were many occasions when it wasnt even Allen who had done anything, former Sixers president Billy King once told me. It couldve been someone in [Iversons] crew. But it didnt matter. You might as well blame him because the last thing he was going to do was tell on anyone. No matter the reason. Not matter the consequences. Hed take the heat himself for anyone he cared about, and simply say he wasnt perfect.The Answer will tell anyone he was a mess at times. That he couldve been better, but wasnt. But along the way, while talking of his trials and tribulations, hell ask that you remember his triumphs. Hell ask that while saying what you want, dont forget to tell the end of the story.Iverson will ask that you dont omit how he performed under adverse circumstances. How he never cheated fans with his effort, even when tempted to do otherwise. And how, in the end, that is the reason hes so proud hell be in the same building as the all-time greats.Perhaps Iverson gave a damn, after all. He just had to act like he didnt to be considered one of the best ever.Nobody truly knows the road I traveled, he said.Chances are, they will by this weekend. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz