Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Hausaufgaben
mary123 Offline

20.08.2019 06:48
is the best course of action for th Antworten

BOSTON -- For seven years, since his name was leaked in a New York Times report that marked him as one of 100 players who failed an anonymous drug test in 2003, David Ortiz has insisted he did nothing wrong.On Sunday, Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred at least allowed for the possibility that the Boston Red Sox slugger was as innocent as he says.Speaking at Fenway Park before the final regular-season game of Ortizs career, Manfred said the 2003 anonymous survey testing agreed upon by MLB and the players union returned at least 10 scientifically questionable results in addition to the 5 percent of positive tests required to trigger mandatory testing the following year. According to Manfred, those particular tests were inconclusive because it was hard to distinguish between certain substances that were legal, available over the counter, and not banned under our program.A confidentiality agreement and the subsequent destruction of those results prevented Manfred from saying with any certainty whether Ortiz was among the potentially false positives. But he couldnt have been clearer that he doesnt believe the mention of Ortizs name in the New York Times story should cloud his legacy.The list was supposed to be confidential. I take very seriously the commitment on confidentiality, Manfred said. It is really unfortunate that anybodys name was ever released publicly, Point 1. Point 2: I dont think people understand very well what that list was.There were legitimate scientific questions about whether or not those were truly positives. If, in fact, there were test results like that today on a player and we tried to discipline them, thered be a grievance over it. It would be vetted, tried, resolved. We didnt do that. Those issues and ambiguities were never resolved because we knew they didnt matter.We knew we had enough positives that everyone agreed on that we knew were going to trigger the testing the following year. Even if Rob Manfreds name was on that list, he might have been one of those 10 of 15 where there was probably or at least a very legitimate explanation that did not involve the use of a banned substance.Manfred described Ortiz as a transformative player because of the impact he has made at the plate during his 20-year career and in the community since he arrived in Boston in 2003.Based strictly on his numbers, Ortiz has a strong case to be elected to the Hall of Fame. He ranks eighth all time with 1,192 career extra-base hits, 10th with 632 doubles and 17th with 541 home runs. But the shadow of the 2003 test results could dog his candidacy for Cooperstown.Manfred deferred to Hall of Fame voters to make judgments on Ortizs career. But he did note that Ortiz has never been a positive at any point under our program. MLBs drug-testing program was implemented in 2004.I think whatever judgment writers decide to make with respect to players who have tested positive or otherwise been adjudicated under our program, thats up to them, Manfred said. Thats a policy decision. Theyve got to look into their conscience and decide how they evaluate that against the Hall of Fame criteria. What I do feel is unfair is in situations where it is leaks, rumors, innuendo, not confirmed positive test results, that that is unfair to the players. I think that would be wrong. Brian Westbrook Eagles Jersey . The Islanders dealt Thomas Vanek to the Montreal Canadiens after less than a year on Long Island. Meanwhile, the Oilers dealt long-time sniper Ales hemsky to the Ottawa Senators on Wednesday for a fifth-round pick in 2014 and a third-rounder in 2015. Chuck Bednarik Womens Jersey . Aaron Harrison scored a 22 points for Kentucky (6-1), which has won four in a row following a Nov. 12 loss to current No. 1 Michigan State. Julius Randle overcame a scoreless first half and added his sixth double-double in as many games with 14 points and 10 rebounds. http://www.theeaglesfootballauthentic.com/eagles-nick-foles-black-jersey/ . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Dallas Goedert Youth Jersey . He was followed closely by David Clarkson, donning red, seconds later. Clarksons actions one night earlier, leaping off the bench in defence of Kessel during a pre-season game against the Buffalo Sabres, will cost him the first 10 games of the regular season. Wilbert Montgomery Youth Jersey . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at .TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors are truly Masai Ujiris team now. Bryan Colangelo abruptly stepped down from his role with the Raptors on Wednesday, ending their brief experiment as co-presidents of the squad. "Having had a better chance to reflect on things for the past several weeks, I have concluded that stepping away from my position is the best course of action for the organization and everyone involved," Colangelo said in a press release Wednesday. The Raptors said Colangelo will remain as a consultant with the team and with Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. The 48-year-old Colangelo lost his job as general manager in May, after the Raptors went 34-48 and failed to make the playoffs for the fifth consecutive season. He remained as president in a non-basketball role, while Ujiri was hired as general manager and president of basketball operations. Ujiri insisted at his opening news conference there would be no problems working with the man who was once his mentor in Toronto. "Theres no issue with Bryan Colangelo," Ujiri said at his introductory news conference earlier this month. "No issue. None whatsoever. Zero zero issue. None." He did however make it clear who was running the team now. "Ill take Bryans input when I feel its necessary, Wayne (Embry, Raptors senior advisor) has always been a great mentor to me," Ujiri said.dddddddddddd "But at the end of the day, Im going to put my staff together and were going to figure this all out collectively. But basketball decisions are going to be my decisions, so it doesnt matter who tells me what or how its done, at the end of the day, Im sitting right here on the hot seat." Ujiri, who worked under Colangelo as Torontos assistant GM from 2008 to 2010, signed what was reported to be a five-year, US$15 million dollar deal with the Raptors this month. Ujiri, who was named the 2013 NBA executive of the year, left his post as GM of the Denver Nuggets to come to Toronto. Colangelo was honoured with that award in 2007 when the Raptors won its only Atlantic Division title in franchise history. Since then, Toronto has not had a winning season. The Raptors began the 2012-2013 season with high hopes, having acquired dynamic point guard Kyle Lowry from the Houston Rockets and shooting guard Landry Fields from the New York Knicks via off-season trades, and adding their 2011 first-round draft pick Jonas Valanciunas to the roster. But despite a promising lineup, the Raptors began the 2012-2013 season on a shaky start, winning just four of its first 23 games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz