Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 43 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

13.08.2019 12:11
o Tomas Berdych, a former finalist, Antworten

The weekend after Wimbledon, Andy Murrays Great Britain and Novak Djokovics Serbia will play in the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup, and the important preparations are about to begin. Murrays grandmother will soon be baking shortbread for the British team.Its become one of those silly traditions that I always supply some shortbread for the team, Shirley Erskine, who is in her 80s, told the Wimbledon Diary. I bake some for every tie, though of course its not the sort of thing that players should have in their diet. I always find a way of getting the shortbread to the team, whether or not Roy [her husband] and I are travelling to the tie.A piece of shortbread would be kryptonite for gluten-free Djokovic, who has just opened a vegan restaurant in Monte Carlo. But the British team couldnt survive without the shortbread, which helped fuel their run to last seasons title, Britains first since 1936.One difficulty for away ties -- such as this one, which will be played in Belgrade -- is keeping the shortbread fresh while going through airport security. I always seal up the tin to try to keep the shortbread fresh, but then you have to get the tin through security, said Erskine, who is Judy Murrays mother. You tell them that its just shortbread inside but the tin still has to be opened and then the seal is broken.Tight security no longer a surpriseHow quickly the players have become accustomed to the higher levels of security at this summers Championships. No one at the Aorangi Park practice courts seemed to even take a second glance when some heavily-armed police, with sub-machine guns, passed through on patrol.Quote of the dayWhy 2016 scandals are great for tennisSome might suggest that this has been a trying year for tennis, what with the match-fixing allegations that were made before the Australian Open, and Maria Sharapovas suspension after failing a doping test. But Serena Williams coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, has told the Wimbledon Diary that this has been great for tennis as it shows no one is above the law.Tennis players are human -- they make mistakes and people cheat, said Mouratoglou. They do things that arent allowed. But the good thing is that people are caught.I think there is much less doping and match-fixing in tennis than there is in other sports, for reasons I cant explain. Im just sure of it. Its fine if we catch them. This would be a terrible year for tennis if we knew there were cheaters and we didnt do anything about it.Dry run for BerdychDont expect to run into Tomas Berdych, a former finalist, in the Dog and Fox. Or, indeed, in any other pubs in Wimbledon Village. Do I go to bars? Not really, theres no time, the Czech told the Wimbledon Diary. Thats the last, last, last thing that you look for when youre at a tournament. Austin Bryant Jersey . -- New England Revolution goalkeeper Matt Reis is retiring after a 16-year career to become the goalie coach for the Los Angeles Galaxy. Marvin Jones Jr Jersey . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. http://www.authenticnfllionslockroom.com/Youth-Kenny-Golladay-Elite-Jersey/ .B. -- The Baie-Comeau Drakkar took over sole possession of first place atop the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League on Thursday with their sixth straight win. Marvin Jones Jr Youth Jersey .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. Kerryon Johnson Lions Jersey . Calgary scored on the first shift, and Michael Cammalleri scored twice as the Flames cruised to a 5-2 win over the Washington Capitals on Saturday. CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox became the first team in the majors to turn three triple plays in a season since 1979, turning one in the third inning of an 11-8 loss to the Atlanta Braves on Friday night.With Chase dArnaud on second base and Gordon Beckham on first, Atlantas Freddie Freeman hit a soft liner off Chicagos Chris Sale that rookie shortstop Tim Anderson trapped.Anderson tagged dArnaud as he tried to retreat to secoond for the first out.dddddddddddd Anderson stepped on second to force out Beckham, then threw to first baseman Jose Abreu to get Freeman.Chicago turned triple plays on April 22 against Texas and May 18 against Houston.In 1979, both the Oakland Athletics and Boston Red Sox turned three triple plays. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz