Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

19.07.2019 16:06
entative.Thurston picked up a leg cork in Saturdays Antworten

WIMBLEDON -- The repeat is always tougher than the title. When the next chance comes, as it did for French Open champion Gabrine Muguruza just three weeks later at Wimbledon, its as daunting as any feat in sports.And when its a first-time Grand Slam champion looking to sweep the Euro slams as Muguruza, a 6-3, 6-2 loser to 124th-ranked qualifier Jana Cepelova, was doing here Thursday, well, the precedent is nearly nonexistent.Chris Evert accomplished the feat of following a first major win with a win at the next major in 1974. But Serena Williams, Steffi Graf, Martina Navratilova, Monica Seles and Billie Jean King are among those who didnt. Still, after defeating Serena in a straight-sets French Open final in early June and pushing her in last years Wimbledon final, Muguruza was a sentimental favorite among some to continue her run at the All England Club.Im really surprised, Cepalova said. I didnt expect it in two sets.She should not have been too surprised. Despite her ranking, the 23-year-old from Slovakia now has career wins over a No. 1 (Serena, 2014 Charleston), a No. 2 (Muguruza) and a No. 3 (Simona Halep at Wimbledon last year).The biggest casualty of the tournament thus far also continues an unfortunate trend in womens tennis, as Muguruza will be the third No. 2 player in 2016 to relinquish that ranking.The 22-year-old Spaniard, who just rose to No. 2 after her French title, said she was simply tired Thursday. And she indeed looked out of sorts throughout, hitting just one ace with four double faults, nine winners and 22 unforced errors, while managing to win just three points on 15 second serves.Cepalova had three aces and four double faults but 14 winners and 12 unforced errors, and capitalized on all four of her break-point chances.I think my energy was missing a little bit today, Muguruza said. From yesterday, I felt already a little bit -- I think tired is the best word.After the match, I was like, Its a tough day today. I feel empty a little bit and I start to feel sick. But I think it was a little bit of a combination.I think she played great, with no fear. She was trying a lot of stuff that was working and my energy was not really there. I was trying but it did not work at all.This is the first time since 2011 that the French Open champ has failed to escape make the third round here. It is also the second straight year the reigning Wimbledon runner-up will fail to make the third round.One of the beneficiaries of Muguruzas loss was five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams, who won a tough three-setter against qualifier Maria Sakkari on Thursday, and 2013 finalist Sabine Lisicki, who rolled past Samantha Stosur.Muguruza said being a targeted player is what she should expect in her new life as a Grand Slam champion.I think its part of being at the top level, she said. I would not change that. I know every time I step on the court, they want to beat me so much. They are all kind of loose because they have nothing to lose. But I like that. It [puts] me in a good situation. Hopefully, I can keep it like this.What she will apparently not keep, however, is the same practice routine she followed this year prior to Wimbledon, which she said exhausted her.After playing [the] French Open, after trying Mallorca, which was too early to start, then practicing hard to come here, I think was a little bit too much maybe, Muguruza said. I think at some point, my energy was going down.I guess today was the day where I felt it right away. I just have to recover a little bit and, you know, get my energy back, then be good again. ... You cannot go out there not at your best.After winning the French, Muguruza expressed amazement at Rafael Nadals nine titles. She seemed just as baffled Thursday, but in a bad way.It is very difficult, she said. Im just [experiencing] a lot of things so fast. Its my first time after a great result, coming to another Grand Slam. So Im trying to discover how Im going to feel, how do I have to go on court, how do I have to rest more.But, hey, thats what it takes [to win more], so Ive got to be ready.Glen Rice Heat Jersey . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. Goran Dragic Jersey . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. http://www.authenticbasketballshopheat.info/alonzo-mourning-heat-jersey/ . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Shaquille ONeal Heat Jersey . Batiste, who briefly signed with the Eskimos in 2006, has spent time with several NFL teams including the Pittsburgh Steelers and Washington Redskins. Udonis Haslem Jersey . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half.North Queensland talisman Matt Scott is touch and go for Saturday nights NRL qualifying final against Melbourne, teammate Jason Taumololo has revealed.Scott and fellow Cowboys co-captain Johnathan Thurston were absent from Mondays finals launch in Sydney with Taumalolo standing in as the clubs representative.Thurston picked up a leg cork in Saturdays win over Gold Coast and was allowed to forego the launch because of concerns about possible effects flying on the injury.However Thurston, who also battled tonsilitis in the lead up to the clash with the Titans, is expected to be right to face the Storm.While the club was also upbeat about Scott - who missed the Titans clash because of a finger injury - being fit for week one of the finals, Taumalolo admitted the Test prop was facing a race against the clock.JT should be right to play, Thhumper (Scott) is still touch-and-go with his finger, Taumalolo said.dddddddddddd.Fingers crossed he can show up on Saturday night.Scott has missed two of the last three weeks of a back/neck injury, which has plagued him all year, and his broken finger.Taumalolo described Scott as the nucleus of the Cowboys pack and said losing him against the highly-rated Storm forwards would be a blow.He said Scotts ability to battle through injury was inspirational for him and his teammates.It just doesnt end - he had back and neck surgery a couple of years ago, hes a battler thats for sure, Taumalolo said.Its nothing different to what he does on the field. To have him in the side will be a huge confidence boost for us. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz