Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

12.07.2019 10:08
Warriors centre Solomone Kata shouldnt have b Antworten

MIAMI -- With 13 strikeouts through eight innings, Jose Fernandez wanted to keep pitching. The Miami Marlins rookie told manager Mike Redmond he was going back out for the ninth. When Redmond said no and the game went to the bottom of the ninth, Fernandez started to sneak onto the field anyway before returning to the bench with a grin. A few minutes later, Fernandez was leaping over the dugout railing and onto the field to celebrate a 3-2 victory Sunday against the Pittsburgh Pirates. "I would love to pitch a complete game," the 20-year-old All-Star said. "I know it will happen in my career. They have a plan and they know what theyre doing, so Im pretty happy with the decisions theyre making." Fernandez (7-5) matched his career high with eight innings, broke the Marlins rookie record for strikeouts and won a pitching duel against fellow rookie Gerrit Cole. Fernandez allowed five hits and two runs, walked none and threw 74 of his 97 pitches for strikes. "This was kind of a statement game for him, where he knew he was going up against another solid pitcher, and he wanted to outdo him," Redmond said. Like Fernandez, Cole (5-4) was a first-round draft pick in 2011. He allowed three runs and struck out eight in seven innings. "Hes a great pitcher," Fernandez said. "His stuff is good. I saw it hitting, and I didnt like it." Ditto regarding Fernandez, Cole said. "When you go up against a guy like him, you feed off each other," Cole said. "He goes out and strikes out the side, and Im going to out there and try to do the same thing. You love that competition and you want the best out of the other person. He was better today." Giancarlo Stanton put the Marlins ahead to stay in the sixth inning with his 13th home run. Stanton also doubled, walked and scored twice for the Marlins, who had six hits. Tino Martinez resigned as Miamis hitting coach following the game, hours after complaints by players that he verbally abused them became public. The young Marlins rank last in the majors in runs, home runs, batting and slugging. "I have made some comments to certain players at certain times that I thought was more constructive criticism," Martinez said. "Obviously, they didnt feel that way, and it kind of backfired on me." Miami mustered just enough offence for Fernandez. He retired the side in order in the eighth to protect a 3-2 lead, then had a brief exchange with Redmond regarding the ninth inning. "I told him, Im going out. He said, Well see," Fernandez said. "They decided not to let me." Fernandez started out onto the field for the ninth anyway. "That was kind of like a joke," he said. "Pretty funny." The Marlins are accustomed to such antics from the young right-hander. "You love it," catcher Jeff Mathis said. "Youd rather be pulling the reins on somebody than kicking them in the butt. He gets a little too excited sometimes, but its fun to watch." Redmond said the decision to lift Fernandez wasnt easy. "That was a second-guessers dream," he said. "It took me awhile to decide." The move nearly backfired. Steve Cishek gave up a single and a walk in the ninth, but retired Garrett Jones on a grounder for the final out to earn his 22nd save in 24 chances. Miami has the worst record in the NL but took two of three games from the Pirates, who began the day with the second-best record in the majors. Pittsburgh went 5-5 on a three-city trip and begins a potentially pivotal five-game series at home against NL Central leader St. Louis on Monday. Notes: Pirates C Michael McKenry, who tweaked his left knee Saturday, was awaiting results of a doctors evaluation. C Russell Martin was back in the lineup after suffering a minor injury to his left knee Friday. ... Pittsburgh RF Jose Tabata started after being held out of the starting lineup for three games because of a sore right forearm. ... Pirates CF Andrew McCutchen was given a rest. He pinch-hit in the eighth and popped out. ... Before the game, RHP Steven Ames was recalled by the Marlins from Triple-A New Orleans. Ames was part of the July 6 trade that sent RHP Ricky Nolasco to the Dodgers. ... Miami RHP Kevin Slowey, who went on the disabled list Saturday after complaining of forearm tightness, was scheduled to undergo an MRI on Monday. ... Fernandez broke the Marlins rookie record of 12 strikeouts set by Josh Beckett in 2002. Air Max 270 Just Do It Noir . It was Kerbers third final of the year after losing to Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova of Russia in Monterrey in April and to Petra Kvitova of Czech Republic in Tokyo two weeks ago. The 10th-ranked German improved her record in finals to 3-5. Basket Air Force One Femme Pas Cher . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said. http://www.nikejustdoitchaussure.fr/pas-cher-air-force-one-just-do-it.html . 8 Iowa State on Saturday, sending the Cyclones to their third consecutive loss. The Longhorns (14-4, 3-2) got their biggest win of the season with their third in the row in the Big 12. Just Do It Chaussure Nike Pas Cher .Y. - New York City has been selected to host the NBA All-Star weekend in 2015, with the game played at Madison Square Garden and the slam dunk contest and other skills events held at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Air Max 95 Just Do It Noir Pas Cher . "Theyve both been real good," said Babcock. "Havent changed our minds." A decision has seemingly been made - Sundays Group B-deciding tilt against Finland ahead - but it could not have been an easy one. Price opened the tournament with a sturdy 19-save performance against the Norwegians, yielding just one goal. NRL referees boss Tony Archer admits Warriors centre Solomone Kata shouldnt have been robbed of a crucial try in the first half of their loss to Wests Tigers on Sunday.On-field referee Gerard Sutton initially awarded Kata a try on the final play before halftime. However, it was overturned by the bunker, which ruled that Jordan Rankin was obstructed on the other side of the field.The Warriors went on to lose 36-24, killing off their finals chances for 2016.Archer on Monday said there wasnt sufficient evidence to go against the on-field ruling, explaining that the contact on Rankin by the Warriors attacker was minimal.The determination from the bunker needs to be made as to whether or not the impact on Rankin is sufficient enough to overturn the live decision of try, Archer told NRL.com.Because the point of where the ball is scoreed over on the far side, the ability of Edwards and the other defenders to defend, I dont think theres sufficient (evidence) to overturn the live decision.ddddddddddddSo they should have confirmed the try.Archers admission is certain to rankle the Warriors, who were also controversially denied a second try to halfback Shaun Johnson in the second half due to an obstruction on Aaron Woods.However, Archer s

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz