Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

17.06.2019 13:27
second straight start following a six-game run Antworten

Yogeshwar Dutt is a fighter-poet of sorts, stringing out Hindi couplets and single throwaway lines of wisdom. He is also Indias most experienced wrestler going to his fourth Olympics in Rio determined, he says, to turn his London bronze to gold. But doesnt everyone say that? Dutt is, however, unafraid to put himself on the line, his statement made during one of the many send-offs members of the Indian contingent received before departing for Rio.In the run-up to the Olympics, Dutt trained at the Indian wrestling hub in Sonepat in the hall named after him (and the double Olympic medallist Sushil Kumar) ensuring that he could shake off an injury-ridden last few years, to give himself one last go at the Games. Dutts first appearance was stormy; winning the quota in 2004, his Olympic participation being challenged in court by rival Kripa Shankar.Twelve years later, with Narsingh Yadav and Sushil occupying mindspace, Dutt has trained in relative peace. Sparring regularly with Narsingh, having his body looked after and his mind on alert, Dutt has made political statements, released tweets and public comments, including taking on the choice of actor Salman Khan as Olympics ambassador. He goes into Rio a man still very much tied in deep to his roots but content to remain on the edge of public notice or an open challenge.In Rio, Dutt, having recovered from injuries and surgeries, is ready to break free, pressure or no pressure be damned. Every competition has pressure -- in the Commonwealth Games, there was pressure because it was on our home ground. Asian Games 2014, there was different pressure. Everyone said, Sabki nazrein Yogeshwar par (All eyes on Yogeshwar). That pressure just increases. And to win (Asian Games) gold after 28 years ... for a wrestling medal, that is pressure of its own.Dutts ability to turn off the chatter and the surround sound into the real stuff cannot be denied: after the doctors sent him home without competing from the Las Vegas World Wrestling Championships in September 2015 due to injury that had not fully healed, he knew the clock was running down on his Rio chances. Next came the Olympic qualifier in Astana, Kazakhstan in March 2016 and to even get there, he had to beat his arch rival in a trial for a 65kg spot. In Astana, only the finalists would qualify for Rio. Dutt won gold and became the second Indian wrestler into the Games. I read the papers and that all eyes on Yogeshwar stuff, so you do feel it, but the point is how much can you jhelo (absorb).He understands even more than today how the force of pressure bears down on an athlete and, strangely in some ways, believes it frees him. The real pressure is on the mat, and on the mat when I go there, then there is nothing, he says. I forget everything. There is pressure on me before the moment I step on the mat. When under pressure, I perform better.He would like to push ahead from his 60kg bronze in London 2012, and prove that he has found his best fighting weight in the 65kg category, newly created by wrestlings ruling body after it was forced to trim divisions. From May 2014, Dutt has finished on top of five out of six events he has competed in 65kg; in the sixth, the Pro Wrestling League, he was part of the losing team in the finals. His weight now drifts between 68kg and 69kg, and he says 65kg is good for me. I dont have a problem dropping weight, am fitter than before and with more power.Dutt has gone from 42kg in sub juniors, to 45kg, 50kg, 55kg and then his Olympic medal weight of 60kg. All the way to Rios 65kg. I was a tall wrestler in 60kg but in 65kg I dont think I stand out for my height and I dont think there is anyone taller than the rest of us now, he says.The years between London and Rio have been filled with demands on his body -- Dutt has had three surgeries on his left knee in 2015 to add to the other two he had on the right in 2009. ACL/ MCL/ meniscus, he rattles off the medical terms, saying he has recovered faster from the second set of surgeries than the first -- half the time, eight months to four. There is still a bit of a stretch and a pull in the left knee but not pain, he said in May, because the muscle power reduces and it will take eight months to get it all back. These eight months, by proper calculations, tie up neatly in time for Rio.This awareness of his craft and its consequences has given Dutt, 33, insight into what he is able to work on as an older wrestler. When you are younger, we had josh (enthusiasm) and didnt think that we had to do much other than, say, try to tire the other person out, because I didnt tire much myself. But because I didnt have experience I made mistakes, conceded points early at the start. People used to attack my legs, it was seen as my weak point and I conceded a lot of points.In 2008, he remembers losing his Olympic quarterfinal -- and a chance to win a medal -- in the last eight seconds of his bout due to an attack on his leg. After that I paid attention on my leg defence and trying to make it better... So that I dont commit that mistake again. A more solid defence on his legs has also made him free of any anxieties he may normally have had after surgery on his knees.Dutts work schedule is driven by sparring, On the mat, I prefer practice matches to anything else from when I was very young. I focus most on bout-type practice matches. In his two to two-and-a-half hours on the mat, he stops in between bouts and power training to do technical training for about five to minutes. Then I take a break again for a bout -- and try to do four or five a day.This draining load of bouts and technical work has been turned routine, every wrestlers competitive energies directed towards one crazy day of competition. In Rio, Dutt will have the longest wait of all Indian athletes, his event being held on the final of the Games, from start to finish on August 21 itself. Thats how our events are held, they get over in a day, he says. There are 20 wrestlers at an Olympics and for sure we have four bouts in a day, if not five. So keeping that in mind, I kept my focus on Olympics and world championships and did my practice around that. According to our format, Ive got to be ready.In London, before the medal, he completed three repechage bouts in 45 minutes. After the medal your tiredness disappears, you dont feel the tiredness at all. But its not easy and you can only put that in practice, when you make it a part of your practice -- five bouts in a day and three in 45 minutes.Hes even to taking to composing a few couplets about athletic pain, his WhatsApp status once reading: Shukr karo ki dard sahte hain, likhte nahin / Varna kaagazon pe lavzon ke janaaze uthte (Be thankful we endure pain, not pen it. Else papers would turn pall bearers for words).Dutts connection to his sport appears organic, linked to the mans very soul. He is immersed in it, happy to describe it and take it to as large an audience as he can.He says that wrestling is like no other contact sport. Other than two fighters and a fight, two contestants and a contest, wrestling needs nothing. No gear, no equipment, no protection, no field of play. Yogeshwar, his face dotted and creased by his calling, says, Tough hai game hamaara (Ours is a tough game). Tough because it is the only contact sport that begins with and is rooted into direct contact. Not like boxing or karate or taekwondo, where contestants move from mere proximity to frequent contact. (Judokas could vehemently argue, but they need a uniform, the judogi, to start the fight with.)In wrestling, you cant do anything from a distance -- we start our bout by gripping the opponent, heads knocked together, your mind racing ahead of your body to force the other man into making a mistake. And prevent ourselves from making a mistake. To be, in his words, on the attack and still in defence. Always locked in contact.In Rio, Yogeshwar Dutt will have to break free to get to a place where he has never been before.Custom Indians T-shirts . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. Cheap Custom Indians Jersey . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. http://www.customindiansjersey.com/custom-manny-ramirez-jersey-large-213b.html . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Custom Joe Carter Jersey .ca looks back at the stories and moments that made the year memorable. Eddie Robinson Jersey Large . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger.BALTIMORE -- It sure didnt take long for new players on the Texas Rangers to get comfortable in a different environment. The trio has made a good team even better.Jonathan Lucroy hit his first homer with Texas, Carlos Beltran had two hits and an RBI, and the Rangers beat Wade Miley and the Baltimore Orioles 5-3 Thursday night to avoid a three-game sweep.Texas received contributions from the threesome it acquired before Mondays non-waiver trade deadline. Lucroy homered in the second inning. Beltran -- who homered Wednesday -- singled in a run in the fifth. And Jeremy Jeffress pitched a scoreless seventh.For those guys to go a new ballclub, the travel, and assimilating themselves into the clubhouse ... theyre professionals but anytime you make that move it can be a change, Rangers manager Jeff Banister said. But it was nice to see theyre starting to perk up and do what they do. We saw tonight what this lineup can be capable of.Ian Desmond drove in two runs and Shin-Soo Choo came off the disabled list to get two hits and score a run for the Rangers, who took back from Baltimore the distinction of owning the best record in the AL.Texas won the season series 4-3 and would have home-field advantage in the postseason if the teams finish with the same regular-season record and meet in the playoffs.Its been a dogfight with these guys. Thats another first-place team over there, Lucroy said. Its another team that can hit, hit a lot of home runs, especially in this park. It feels good to pull that one out and kind of break out offensively.Mark Trumbo hit his major-league leading 31st homer for the Orioles, who fell to 39-17 at home. Pedro Alvarez and Hyun-Soo Kim also hit solo shots.Miley (7-9) gave up four runs and eight hits in five innings in his debut with the Orioles. The left-hander was traded by Seattle on Sunday.I wish the results would have been a little better, Miley said. I had some jitters.After Miley took a line drive off his left calf for the final out in the fifth, manager Buck Showalter went to bullpen in the sixth.ddddddddddddI dont think its a big concern at all, Miley said.A.J. Griffin (5-1) allowed three homers in 5 1/3 innings but won a second straight start following a six-game run without a victory.Theyve got some power, but for the most part I felt like we kept them off-balance really well, Griffin said.Sam Dyson, the fifth Texas pitcher, worked a perfect ninth for his 23rd save.After Lucroy put the Rangers up 1-0, Desmond added a run-scoring groundout in the second.Texas made it 4-0 in the fifth on RBI singles by Desmond and Beltran. Desmonds single bounced past first baseman Chris Davis, who was screened by Choo advancing to second, and Beltrans pop bounced off the glove of second baseman Jonathan Schoop in right field.Trumbo and Alvarez homered in succession in the bottom half, and Kim led off the sixth with his fourth homer of the season -- his first at Camden Yards.Consecutive doubles by Adrian Beltre and Roughned Odor off Logan Ondrusek made it 5-3 in the eighth.SHORT HOPSRangers: Griffin has allowed at least one HR in eight straight starts. ... Texas hit a season-high six doubles.Orioles: Miley is the first lefty to start for Baltimore this season. ... The Orioles have hit back-to-back homers 12 times this season.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: Choo spent the minimum 15 days on the disabled list with lower back inflammation. It was his third stint on the DL this season.UP NEXTRangers: Martin Perez (7-7, 4.22 ERA) starts for Texas on Friday night in the opener of a three-game series in Houston. The Rangers are 9-1 against the Astros this season.Orioles: Baltimore starts a 10-game trip Friday night by facing former teammate Miguel Gonzalez (2-5, 4.06) and the Chicago White Sox. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz