Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

27.05.2019 16:27
like that, thats all you can do.The Miners Antworten

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- When Ohio State announced its seven captains, the names were familiar and fairly predictable. Except for one: Joe Burger.Those who havent studied Ohio State games closely over the past three seasons probably havent heard of Burger, a senior backup linebacker who walked on and finally earned a scholarship this summer thanks to his work ethic, gritty determination in practice and relentless effort on special teams.Coach Urban Meyer loves guys like Burger. Great student, wonderful attitude, a charismatic natural motivator respected by everyone. Now Burgers teammates have recognized his effort by voting him a captain alongside the teams six returning starters from last season.As good a guy as there is, Meyer said.Burger is a Cincinnati product who had scholarship offers from other big schools -- including Saturdays opponent, Bowling Green -- but decided to walk on at Ohio State instead. Hes played in 34 games over the past three years and has a grand total of three tackles. His biggest play as a Buckeye was last year when he brought down Indiana punter Erich Toth for a 3-yard loss on a fake punt attempt. Ohio State was trailing by 7 at the time and eventually won the game 34-27.Burger said being elected captain was humbling.My name was on the sheet, but I had no idea how it was going to turn out, he said of the vote. When I heard coach Meyer call my name, it was just one of those feelings that you really cant describe. Im forever grateful to my teammates, and Im blessed to be around such a great group of people every single day.And you get the idea he means it.Middle linebacker Raekwon McMillan said Burger is a team leader, regardless of how often hes on the field. His role this year again will be special teams.Ive learned a lot from Joe Burger myself as a linebacker, just the leadership traits he has on and off the field, said McMillan, who is also a captain. He comes in day in and day out and always does what hes supposed to do. Some guys are physically more gifted than him, but he always finds a way to win.Burger said the selfless standard set by the teams best players enabled a guy whos not even on the depth chart to be elected a captain at one of the most elite programs in the country.Besides Burger and McMillan, the other captains are quarterback J.T. Barrett, offensive linemen Pat Elflein and Billy Price, defensive end Tyquan Lewis and cornerback Gareon Conley.I think they kind of set the standard and said hey, we respect the people who work hard, we respect the people who come in every day with a smile and make others around them better, Burger said. So I think those guys are instrumental in allowing this opportunity for my teammates to select me. I think it sets a great example that you dont have to be a superstar on the field in order to be a leader.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacyNike Vapormax Flyknit Cheap . It was the kind of score that might make everyone else wonder which course he was playing. Except that Graeme McDowell saw the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and said, "Ive probably seen 18 of the best drives Ive seen all year in the last two days. Off White Vapormax Cheap . The 15th-ranked Canadian men lost the opening two games of their European tour: 19-15 to No. 17 Georgia and 21-20 to No. http://www.airvapormaxwholesale.com/vapormax-plus-cheap/vapormax-plus-white.html . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Nike Vapormax Plus Discount . Uniteds eighth defeat of a wretched campaign means Liverpool, which currently occupies the fourth and final Champions League place, could go nine points clear of its fierce rival by beating West Bromwich Albion on Sunday. Charlie Adam scored both of Stokes goals at Britannia Stadium either side of Robin van Persies equalizer, with a miserable day for seventh-place United capped by first-half injuries to centre halves Jonny Evans and Phil Jones that forced them off. Wholesale Nike Vapormax . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes.EL PASO, Texas -- Heavy hearts because of the death of a teammate haunt the Army Black Knights as they begin a three-game road trip trying to keep their season-opening win streak going.These are great kids, and they are remarkably resilient, coach Jeff Monken said. West Point does have a way of preparing all of its people to be able to persevere through tough times. I have no doubt that this team will persevere and prevail through this adversity.Army (2-0) meets UTEP (1-1) on Saturday night in the Sun Bowl with the sudden death of defensive back Brandon Jackson still fresh on the mind. The 20-year-old sophomore defensive back from Queens, New York, was killed in a single-car crash early last Sunday, hours after Army had defeated Rice in its home opener at Michie Stadium.When you lose somebody you love, it is tough. This is no exception, Monken said. Our guys are having a tough time and are reeling right now.This will be the first meeting between Army and UTEP, and Miners coach Sean Kugler knows it will be charged with emotion.I havent dealt with losing a player. I have dealt with a personal loss, Kugler said. Youve got to deal with it in your own way. I cant even come close to speak to how Army is going to deal with that.I know theyll rally around that guy and play their hearts out. In a situation like that, thats all you can do.The Miners, who are coming off a 41-7 loss at No. 11 Texas , will have quarterback Zack Greenlee back in the lineup. He missed the game against the Longhorns and was doubtful earlier in the week with a slight ligament tear in his left knee, a separated shoulder, and a broken finger on his throwing (right) hand. But Kugler said Thursday on his radio show that he expected Greenlee to start.A graduate transfer from Fresno State, Greenlee passed for 229 yards and three touchdowns with no interceptions in the Miners season-opening win over New Mexico State.Other things of note when Army travels to UTEP on Saturday night:RUN RUN RUN: Armys triple option rankks fourth in the nation in rushing with an average of 338.dddddddddddd5 yards. Andy Davidson leads the team with two straight 100-yard games.KEEPING UP WITH JONES: UTEP tailback Aaron Jones rushed for 249 yards on 31 carries against New Mexico State to open the season and had 123 yards on the ground and scored in last weeks loss at Texas.WHAT TURNOVERS? Plagued more often than not by turnovers, the Black Knights are in unfamiliar territory to start the season. Theyre fifth in the nation in turnover margin at a plus-2.5. Army already has four interceptions, just two less than it nabbed the entire 2015 season. The Black Knights finished 113th (-0.92) in turnover margin last year.ARMY ADVANTAGE? Army has been stationed in El Paso since the border with Mexico was established more than 160 years ago. According to the Texas State Historical Association, after the end of the Mexican War the U.S. needed to defend the new border and maintain law and order, so a military post was re-established on the Rio Grande in January 1854 when the Army rented quarters at a hacienda in El Paso. On March 8, 1854, the official name of the post became Fort Bliss, in memory of Lt. Col. William Wallace Smith Bliss, Gen. Zachary Taylors chief of staff during the Mexican War and later his son-in-law.CONFIDENT CADETS: Despite the tragic death of Jackson, if Army enters the Sun Bowl displaying a good dose of swagger, itll be understandable. Before last weeks win over Rice, the Black Knights hadnt won two straight in a 70-game span and hadnt started a season 2-0 in two decades.Were going to face a 2-0 team that is very confident right now, Kugler said. They are playing energized football. Im sure that theyre thinking they can come down here and be 3-0.---AP Sports Writer Schuyler Dixon in Dallas contributed to this report.---AP college football website: www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz