Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

26.05.2019 12:12
Boston down the stretch. Texas manager Ron Washington said p Antworten

NEWARK, N.J. -- The New Jersey Devils have dedicated a statue outside Prudential Arena to longtime goaltender Martin Brodeur.The 44-year-old Brodeur was honored prior to the Devils game against the Minnesota Wild on Saturday night in a ceremony attended by a couple hundred fans on a damp, drizzly night.Brodeur led the Devils to three Stanley Cups and set NHL records for games played (1,266), wins (691) and shutouts (125). The 10-time All-Star won the Vezina Trophy four times during his 21 seasons with the Devils, and the Montreal native was a two-time Olympic gold medalist.The Devils unveiled Brodeurs statue in February when they retired his No. 30 jersey.I feel really fortunate to be able to sit back and enjoy what Ive done and being so successful, Brodeur said before the ceremony. Theres no regret in what Ive accomplished in my career. When you retire and you dont play the game you kind of understand that you sometimes take things for granted because the day-to-day life with games and travel, you really dont stop to thank people and enjoy yourself as much as you should.Fans at the dedication chanted Martys better! -- a frequent chorus when Brodeur made a big save, especially against Henrik Lundqvist and the rival New York Rangers.The 11-foot bronze statue of the goaltender has a base that includes Brodeurs records, his autograph and the Devils logo.Brodeur is currently the St. Louis Blues assistant general manager. He briefly played for the Blues in the 2014-15 season before retiring.Cheap Jordan 12 Black . Duchene scored two goals and had an assist, helping the Colorado Avalanche beat the Carolina Hurricanes 4-2 on Friday night to match the best 10-game start in team history. Cheap Jordan 12 Mens . Toronto has dropped games to Indiana and Miami since a five-game winning streak and closed out a three-game road trip at 1-2. http://www.wholesalejordan12.com/discount-jordan-4-wholesale/cheap-jordan-4-royalty-china.html . Dukurs winning time was 1 minute, 45.76 seconds, a quarter-second better than Russias Alexander Tretiakov. Lativas Tomass Dukurs was third, 1.41 seconds off the pace. Jon Montgomery of Eckville, Alta. Discount Jordan 4 Motorsport . JOHNS, N. Cheap Jordan 12 From China . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. BOSTON -- David Ortiz stood in the on-deck circle as Texas intentionally walked Dustin Pedroia, hoping the move to put runners on first and second with nobody out would result in the Boston slugger grounding into a double play. Ortiz did not oblige, driving the first pitch he saw for a three-run homer that lifted the Red Sox to a 6-3 victory over the Rangers on Thursday night after trailing by three runs. It was his 11th career walkoff home run and first in nearly four years. "They dont like to mess with Papi late in the game. They stopped doing that," Ortiz said. "In that kind of situation, pretty much most of the time its either a walk or something else happens. I just keep my patience." Jonny Gomes led off the ninth with a double to centre off left-hander Michael Kirkman (0-2), who then walked Pedroia intentionally with Ortiz watching and waiting. After going 0 for 3 with a walk, Ortiz delivered a shot that landed in an empty Texas bullpen. Ortiz watched his homer for a few moments before trotting his way toward home where he was met by a swarm of celebrating teammates. "I think it was a good move. I dont think there was anything wrong with that," Ortiz said of the walk to Pedroia. "Its part of the game. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesnt." It certainly did not Thursday. "Apparently he was just sitting on that pitch," Kirkman said. "I thought it was a really good pitch -- good movement inside, right where I wanted it. He just got the barrel to it." Andrew Bailey (2-0) pitched a scoreless ninth for Boston, which took two of three from Texas. Jacoby Ellsbury scored the tying run on a fielders choice in the seventh inning of his first game after sitting out five straight because of a groin injury. Ellsbury had a pair of doubles and two singles. Gomes also had four hits and Pedroia hit a two-run double in the third. Jeff Baker and Adrian Beltre drove in all of Texas runs on early homers off of Jon Lester. The Rangers didnt score after Beltres solo homer in the third and the Rangers bullpen couldnt hold off Boston down the stretch. Texas manager Ron Washington said pitching around the right-handed Pedroia foor the left-on-left matchup between Kirkman and Ortiz seemed he best option.dddddddddddd "Its not the first left-hander Big Papi got, but that was the right move to make right there," Washington said. "It was the only move to make. I can live with Papi doing that." Texas led 3-2 until Ellsbury scored in the seventh when Mike Napoli beat out the throw on a grounder that would have ended the inning after Boston loaded the bases with one out. Napoli hit a sharp grounder to first baseman Lance Berkman, who bounced his throw to Elvis Andrus covering second. "We had a couple of opportunities and we were finally able to cash in," Boston manager John Farrell said. Jon Lester survived a rocky first few innings and pitched through the sixth for Boston, leaving with the Red Sox trailing 3-2 on Bakers two-run homer in the second and a solo shot by Beltre in the third. Lester also had to get himself out of trouble in the first by striking out Nelson Cruz after a two-out walk to Berkman and a single by Beltre. Boston got two back with two outs in the third when Pedroia doubled off the centre field wall after Jose Iglesias reached on a walk and Ellsbury singled. Lester allowed three runs on seven hits, walked three and struck out four. Texas starter Derek Hollands line was nearly identical. He allowed two runs on nine hits, also walking three and striking out four. Holland was 5-0 against Boston entering the game. NOTES: Ortiz last hit a walkoff homer against the White Sox on Aug. 26, 2009. ... The Rangers placed 1B Mitch Moreland on the 15-day disabled list Thursday with a strained right hamstring and called up 1B Chris McGuinness from Triple-A Round Rock. ... Lester was making his 200th career start, the third LHP in Red Sox history to reach the mark. ... The Rangers had already clinched the season series against Boston for the fifth straight year with a 3-2 win Wednesday. ... Bakers homer in the second was his fourth in the last nine games. ... Iglesias single in the sixth increased his hitting streak to 10 straight games. ... Ellsbury had been out since setting a club record with five stolen bases last week in a victory over Philadelphia. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz