Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

22.05.2019 01:21
nd get to pitch in a big spot. There is guys standin Antworten

WEST POINT, N.Y. -- Theres a goat prancing on the front of the Commander-in-Chiefs Trophy, which is housed at the U.S. Naval Academy, and theres a falcon and mule itching to replace it.Just the pride and playing for that is a pretty big deal, Army coach Jeff Monken said. I dont know that there is a more important goal we have than winning the Commander-in-Chiefs Trophy and trying to bring the trophy back here, so it makes it a big game.That big game, the second leg of the round-robin competition between the three service academies, will be staged Saturday at West Point when Air Force (5-3) visits Michie Stadium. The Falcons can win the coveted hardware, emblematic of supremacy among the three schools, for the 20th time with a victory since they dispatched the Middies 28-14 last month.A victory by Army (5-3) would be doubly sweet: It would give the Black Knights six wins for only the second time in 20 years and give them the chance to win the trophy outright for only the seventh time since its inaugural year in 1972. Army plays Navy in December in their traditional season finale.Air Force has had Armys number in this series. The Falcons lead 35-14-1, have won all but two of the last 19 games, and are 13-10 at Michie Stadium.Still, this Army team has been a resilient bunch and seems poised for a breakthrough in a game that will feature two of the top running teams in the nation. Armys triple option is averaging 342.1 yards rushing to rank second nationally and Air Force is fifth at 295.9.Two weeks ago, Army self-destructed with seven turnovers against North Texas and lost 35-18 at home to a team it had been heavily favored to beat. The Black Knights responded with a clutch victory last week at Wake Forest, dominating the fourth quarter in a comeback 21-13 victory that deprived the Demon Deacons of their sixth win of the season.They gave such a great effort and played the brand of football that we talk about -- being tough and physical, and finishing every play and drive, Monken said.The Falcons are on the rebound, too. They defeated Fresno State 31-21 last week to snap a three-game losing streak in the Mountain West Conference.Were a grizzled group. Were the ultimate grinders football team, Air Force coach Troy Calhoun said. Thats our discipline. We will not absolutely razzle, dazzle. Weve got really good workers.Other things to know when Air Force visits Army:MISTAKES HURT: In its first four victories, Army did not commit a turnover. It had two against Wake Forest and still won, but in losses at Buffalo and Duke the Black Knights had six turnovers. On the season, turnover margin is a stalemate: Army has had seven interceptions and lost eight fumbles, while its defense has 12 interceptions and three fumble recoveries.STOP THE RUN: Two of Air Forces losses came against New Mexico and Wyoming. Theyre the only teams that have rushed for more than 100 yards against the Falcons this season. The Lobos had 373 and the Cowboys 189.WHOS AT QB: The Falcons have a banged-up quarterback. Starter Nate Romine left the Fresno State game with an ankle injury, and sophomore Arion Worthman guided the Falcons to the win. He entered midway through the third quarter and ran for 102 yards and two touchdowns as the Falcons overcame a four-point deficit. Calhoun was noncommittal on his starter: Whos going to play out there is going to run our offense, he said.TIME HEALS: Both teams thrive on time of possession. Army has held the ball for an average of nearly 36 minutes a game, while Air Force is at just over 33 minutes to rank 21st nationally. The Falcons have won TOP in six games, five of them victories.DEFENSIVE DUEL: The Army defense has allowed an average of only 16.5 points and ranks third in the country in total defense, allowing 266.8 yards per game. Air Force is 22nd in total defense (348.2). Air Force held Navy, who was fifth in the nation in rushing with a 316.3 average, to 57 yards on the ground.---More AP college football: http://collegefootball.ap.orgAP Top 25 Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-Top25---Follow Kekis on Twitter: www.twitter.com/Greek1947Air Jordan 11 Retro Canada . The Nashville Predators were glad their captain was still on their side. Weber had a goal and two assists, and Roman Josi scored the shootout winner to lift the Predators to a 4-3 win over the Flyers on Thursday night. Jordan Retro 11 Canada . Here are his mid-season NBA awards. MVP: (KEVIN DURANT-Thunder) - Has been sensational this season and more importantly, the most consistent player in the league. Considering that his team has been without star guard Russell Westbrook and with the free agent departure of sharpshooter Kevin Martin, hes had to carry the majority of the load to not only keep his team afloat but more importantly, at an elite level. http://www.cheapairjordan11canada.com/ . You can watch the game live on TSN at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. The Flyers had won seven of eight before dropping their last two outings on consecutive days over the weekend. Philadelphia was handed a 6-3 loss by the visiting Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday afternoon before dropping a 4-1 decision to the Rangers the following night in New York City. Air Jordan 11 For Sale Cheap . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. Jordan 11 Sale Canada . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday.The Baltimore Orioles are looking to maintain their dominance at Camden Yards and stay atop the American League East when they resume interleague play with a three-game series against the Colorado Rockies beginning Monday.Yovani Gallardo takes the mound for Baltimore and was encouraged by his last start when he was able to pitch into the seventh inning, a season-high. Baltimores starters have struggled much of the season going deep into games and manager Buck Showalter is hoping to reverse that trend.The Rockies, meanwhile, are mired in third place in the National League West and could consider making some trades to add top prospects. Colorado will face a stern challenge from an Orioles team that has the best home record in the major leagues at 36-14 and just completed a three-game sweep of the AL Central-leading Cleveland Indians.We try to win every game home and away and its worked out a little bit more at home this year and were just trying to win more games than four other teams in our division, Showalter said. Obviously, our fans are very supportive and create a good atmosphere, but we have a lot of fans on the road, too. We dont overthink it.Gallardo, who spent more than a month on the DL with right shoulder bicep tendinitis, has shown better velocity since he returned to the team in June. However, his command has been uneven. In the last outing, Gallardo allowed four runs on five hits in the 5-0 loss to the Yankees. Still, Gallardo is looking to build on that performance.I was getting some early contact with the pitches, which means I was throwing the ball over the plate, Gallardo said. I think I made the adjustment compared to the last start in Tampa. Its definitely a positive sign, and keep doing it. Try to stay consistent with that, and go deep in the ballgames as much as I can.The Orioles got a boost Sunday whhen when right-handed pitcher and setup man Darren ODay was reinstated from the disabled list.dddddddddddd ODay, who hadnt pitched since June 1, threw a scoreless inning and is 3-1 with a 3.00 ERA, two saves and 28 strikeouts in 23 games (21 innings).I did one rehab outing and youd think that itd be a game where we were down by a couple runs, just get your feet wet, but oddly enough I was more calm today than I usually am, ODay said. I think its just being gone, being away from the guys and the competition, makes you appreciate what you get to do and to be in the moment and get to pitch in a big spot. There is guys standing out there in 90-something degrees and to be able to keep that going and perform in that arena I think it really helped me a lot.Baltimore outfielder Hyun Soo Kim (strained right hamstring) and catcher Matt Wieters (foot) could also return to the lineup against the Rockies.The Rockies will counter in the series opener with Jorge De La Rosa (6-7, 6.07 ERA). The right-hander was roughed in his last outing, allowing nine runs (seven earned) in just four innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.Youre in the big leagues and you make mistakes, theyre going to hit you hard, De La Rosa said after the game. That happened today.The Rockies have a hard-hitting lineup and could take advantage of the friendly confines of Camden Yards. Trevor Story has already broken the National League rookie home run record for shortstops. Story offers hope for the future...this season and beyondI have nothing to say that hasnt already been said, Rockies manager Walt Weiss said. Hes having a great year. It seems like he breaks another record every week or so. He just keeps clicking. Hes having a dream season. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz