Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

25.02.2019 02:29
focus of a lot of attention d Antworten

CHICAGO -- Nearly 4,000 fans gathered at the historic Chicago Theatre for the first League of Legends World Championship quarterfinal showdown. Before the matches started, the North American fans were chanting for Americas last hope, Cloud9, the remaining team from the United States. But the fan-favorite wasnt the actual favorite, as South Koreas Samsung Galaxy took to the stage.Led by Kang Ambition Chan-yong, Samsung Galaxy went on to crush Cloud9, despite the latters occasional early game advantages. At the focal point of the team was Lee Crown Min-ho and Park Ruler Jae-hyuk, who both had an impressive series through a number of champions.The victory left the crowd close to silent, with a small amount of cheers.Were happy that we won, obviously, Crown told ESPN. I feel that I need to keep practicing so we can perform even better in the semifinals. I really cant grasp the feeling of joy right now. I think, going forward, if we win the future matches, Ill feel that more. I just want to practice hard and try to perform even better in the future stages. Even if we lose, I want to show the fans that were a really worthy team.With the win, Samsung Galaxy will meet the winner of H2K Gaming and Albus Nox Luna. Albus Nox, who has had a storybook run at Worlds, wasnt favorited coming into their quarterfinal match.Its uncertain how the game is going to unfold, he explained. My wish is that H2K will win and meet us at the semifinals, because Im really looking forward to playing against Ryu. I cant really think about [playing against Ryu] right now, I cant imagine how its going to unfold, but I think itll be okay.But before making it this far, South Korean fans regarded Samsung Galaxy with ambivalence after they ended KT Rolsters journey to Worlds. I think it was pretty obvious we would [be] rated as the underdog amongst the Korean teams, because our performance wasnt as good as the other teams and our position wasnt really up there yet, Crown said. I dont really care too much about what people think, Im just trying to do my best and really just keep going. I think thats what has kept us winning so far, so thats what well try to do for the future.Looking ahead, Crown says he wants to face a rival if his team makes it to the finals in Los Angeless Staples Center. Id like to meet SK Telecom T1 in the finals and the reason is [Lee Faker Sang-hyeok], whos the best player in the world, Crown explained. And if we are able to defeat them, Im able to beat the best and become the best. Even if I lose, I will identify room for improvement. I just want to face the best.He says Faker presents a new challenge if they meet in the mid lane in the finals.I think Ill be a little nervous [if I face Faker] and also, sort of lost in my confidence, Crown continued. Also, Faker in each of his movements, he does a lot of psychological pressure and stuff. Thats going to be really tough, but Im looking forward to having a lot of fun.If they make it that far, Samsung will have a chance to become the second franchise to win two World Championships, with Samsung White taking the title in 2014. That would allow them join the list of two-time winners alongside SK Telecom T1.Its definitely a low possibility [for us to win Worlds] for sure, Crown said. But its not zero. Its at least 0.1 percent, but Im willing to give it a shot. If we make it to the finals, we might lose, but we still have a shot and I just really want to practice hard, but there will have to be some luck as well. Ozzie Smith Jersey . The Oilers come in having lost five in a row (0-4-1) and 16 of their last 20 games, dropping a 2-1 decision to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. Johnny Manziel Jersey . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness. http://www.padresrookiestore.com/Customized/ . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Eric Hosmer Jersey . After Martin Skrtel put the Reds in front from close range at Stamford Bridge after only four minutes, Hazard hit back in the 17th with a superb strike. Etoo gave Jose Mourinhos team a decisive lead from Oscars back pass in the 34th. Manuel Margot Jersey . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. If desperately trying to hold on to my youth has taught me anything, its that a near daily check-in is required to stay on top of whats in. In a blink, Snapchat took over the social media landscape for the young and hip, leaving twenty- and thirtysomethings scrambling to figure out how to turn our tongues into rainbows and light our heads on fire.Mom jorts are somehow still in, man buns are already out and I should apparently be listening to more K-pop. We hated Justin Bieber, but now we love him -- or at least his music. We hated Taylor Swift, but now we love her -- except maybe I think were supposed to hate her again. Someone check Kim Kardashians app and let me know. Orange is the New Black, Hiddleston is the new Harris and Pokemon is going to get us all robbed.?I guess Heidi Klum is right: One day you are in, the next you are out. No one knows that better than Olympic athletes, who toil away in relative obscurity for years so they can enjoy the biggest stage in the world for one week, one day, sometimes just a few seconds. And then the spotlight is gone again and its back to work, or, for many, the reality of a future without that Olympic goal four years away.There are a few athletes every go-round that do manage to capture Americas heart and hang on, turning their crowning athletic achievement into years of endorsements, commercials and speaking engagements. The mere mention of these folks conjures up patriotic fever dreams of bald eagles, perfectly grilled hot dogs and Ralph Lauren blazers. Im talking about the Mary Lou Rettons, Jackie Joyner-Kersees and Michael Phelpses of the world -- athletes forever etched in our minds.There are other?athletes who never reach that kind of Olympic-recognition zenith, but who can still parlay their moment of Games glory into a pretty great career -- maybe even a stint on Dancing With The Stars. This summer well see the return of some big names -- like Phelps, Alex Morgan, Missy Franklin and Gabby Douglas -- but also some fresh new faces poised to steal our hearts -- and a future cover of People magazine.Lets take a guess at which Rio stars might become our new American heroes -- or at the very least be doing the paso doble with Val Chmerkovskiy come September.Simone Biles: With a gold in Glasgow last year, Biles became the first woman to win three straight all-around world titles. Theres a ton of hype for the 19-year-old heading into Rio, including former Olympic all-around champion Nastia Liukin calling her the best gymnast who ever lived. Since winning the U.S. all-around title in August 2013, shes won every all-around competition shes entered -- 11 straight. Successful U.S. womens gymnasts tend to make the most out of their time in the Olympic spotlight, so its safe to say Biles could be on her way to American hero status.Miles Chamley-Watson and Ibtihaj Muhammad: Chances are the only fencing youve seen in the past four years has involved light sabers and that brooding dude from Girls in a crreepy mask.dddddddddddd Well, en garde, because youre about to meet two of the most intriguing athletes at this years Olympics. Chamley-Watson is a part-time model with bleached hair and tattoos who regularly posts shirtless snaps to his Instagram and calls his fencing peers vanilla and super boring. Muhammad is a New Jersey native who will make history as the first U.S. woman to compete wearing a hijab. Shes funny and outspoken and will no doubt be the focus of a lot of attention during this divisive time in our country. Shes more than able to turn her Olympic platform into something truly inspiring.Katie Ledecky: At just 15 years old Ledecky shocked even her U.S. teammates, winning Olympic gold in the 800 meters in London. Since then shes set 11 world records and won every major international competition shes entered. She heads to Rio with world records in the 400, 800 and 1,500 freestyle. In USA Today, 11-time Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte said of Ledecky, I guarantee in Rio everyones mouths are going to drop during one of her races. Shes going to do a time where everyones going to be like, What the heck just happened?Adeline Gray: Ever since her first wrestling class at age 6, Gray has been a natural. As a girl she fought attempts to keep her off the boys teams and won a lot of matches via forfeit when the guys werent willing to fight her. As womens wrestling grows, she gets to be the kind of role model that she didnt have growing up. After baring all in ESPN The Magazines Body Issue, the 25-year-old is ready to leave it all on the mat in Rio. If fans get a chance to hear much from Gray, theyll fall in love instantly. Her skill, wisdom and charm could make her a star.Kanak Jha: Table tennis doesnt usually get much play during prime-time coverage of the Olympics, but you can bet there will be a feature or two on Jha in the coming weeks. A 16-year-old out of the Bay Area, hes the youngest Olympian on the U.S. team and was the first athlete born in the 2000s to qualify. While his path to the podium seems even tougher than Stephen Colberts at last weeks Democratic National Convention (Jhas currently ranked 272nd in the world), hes sure to get plenty of attention in his first trip to the Olympics. And at the very least he can probably show the older athletes how to turn on two filters at once on Snapchat.***This episode of the Thats What She Said podcast features award-winning USA Today columnist Christine Brennan calling in from Rio. Just a few hours after landing at the site of the upcoming Olympics, Brennan shares her first impressions of the city and whether it feels ready for the ultimate global spotlight. Brennan is covering her 17th straight Olympics and lends her perspective on the many concerns heading into this years event.Thanks as always for tuning in -- you can catch a new episode every Tuesday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz