Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

12.05.2019 15:51
aidana made his American debut with Golden Boy Antworten

MINNEAPOLIS -- The only thing standing between the Minnesota Lynx and a fourth WNBA championship is the Los Angeles Sparks.The Lynx are the defending champions and have won the league title three times in the last five years. The core group of players during Minnesotas dominant run -- Maya Moore, Seimone Augustus and Lindsay Whalen -- is back for more against a Sparks club that hasnt clinched a title since 2002.Its an unusual matchup that pits two Western Conference teams against each other in the Finals. Thats because of the new format that seeds the eight playoff teams regardless of conference. As a result, the top-seeded Lynx open the Finals on Sunday as the host to the second-seeded Sparks.The first time the two teams met in the regular season was a battle of unbeatens. The Lynx were 12-0 at the time and the Sparks were 11-0. It marked the first time in professional American sports that two undefeated teams met with at least 10 wins and no losses.Minnesota won that game by three to improve to a 13-0 en route to a 28-6 regular-season record.After sweeping Phoenix in three games in the conference semifinals, the Lynx will have waited an entire week between games. Los Angeles last played Oct. 4 after winning Game 4 against Chicago to advance to the Finals.It feels like we finished the regular season a long time ago, Whalen told WNBA.com. I think weve practiced more in the last however many weeks than during the entire rest of the season.The matchup features plenty of star power on both sides. Moore and Los Angeles Candace Parker are both former MVPs, and the Sparks Nneka Ogwumike finished third in the league in points per game during the regular season (19.7).Minnesota was 2-1 in the three games against Los Angeles this season. That record means little now, though, in this best-of-five series.Theres history between us over the years and history of this season, Parker told WNBA.com. Im careful to call it a rivalry because we havent held up our end of the bargain; theyve beaten us. I think we put ourselves in the position to hopefully make it that now.White Vapormax Plus Cheap . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Nike Vapormax Plus Black Cheap . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. http://www.airvapormaxwholesale.com/vapormax-95-cheap.html . The Redskins announced Monday that the quarterback who led the team to the Super Bowl championship in the 1987 season will serve as a personnel executive. Nike Vapormax Plus Discount . Thousands of fans at Mosaic Stadium will be cozying up to each other in an effort to stay warm in chilly temperatures and block the Prairie wind that locals say can knock your socks off. Nike Vapormax 97 Cheap . Louis Rams wide receiver Stedman Bailey last Sunday. The fine is the fourth this season for Goldson. He was fined $30,000 for a hit on the New York Jets Jeff Cumberland in Week 1.Former welterweight and junior welterweight world titleholder Marcos Maidana had not fought since the second of back-to-back decision losses to Floyd Mayweather in September 2014, but although he was enjoying the good life after those two enormous paydays, he recently hinted at a comeback.?In the months following the second fight with Mayweather, photos of Chino circulated on the internet in which he appeared to be pushing cruiserweight rather than welterweight. But when he attended younger brother Fabian Maidanas July 23 fight in San Antonio, he appeared in far better condition, leading to renewed speculation that he would make a ring return.But on Tuesday, the 33-year-old Maidana, who turned pro in 2004, won two world titles, made millions and fought in the kind of bruising manner that made him a fan favorite, announced his retirement.?After a long time out of the ring and after giving it a lot of thought since my last fight Ive decided to hang up the gloves for good, Maidana wrote in a letter addressed to boxing friends on social media. Probably my decision would not surprise much as I had given hints of it in the last few months. But at this time I am making it official.Before anything else, I must say that I leave very proud and deeply thankful to boxing and everything that I have achieved. Ive really never imagined getting this far when I put on a pair of gloves for the very first time when I was 15 in my native Margarita City. I think I was able to put the name of my country Argentina very high after winning two world titles, winning and losing against the best fighters of the world.I had a tough career and I fulfilled many of my dreams. I am a very happy man with my family and friends by my side these days. I know many of you think that I still have things to do and battles to fight. And I respect them. That is something that I had in my mind in the last few months. But only those who really know what a real challenge is, like the ones I always had, may understand that you have to be absolutely motivated to approach them.Only through a great physical and mental effort you can mix in the ring with best of the world if winning is your goal. And I always wanted to win. Today I do not feel motivated enough, do not have the fire inside me to intend to climb those mountains again. That is why I announce my retirement. At this time when I take a look back at my career I want to thank so many people that helped me to have what I call a successful career.Maidana gave thanks to the many people who helped him along the way, among them: Ricardo Linari, who discovered him; trainers Ricardo Ferreiro, Robert Garcia, Rudy Perez and Rafael Liendo; longtime adviser Sebastian Contursi; adviser Al Haymon; strength coaches Raul Robles, Cruz Garcia, Alex Ariza and Cicilio Flores; promoters Golden Boy and Universum; and his family.To my parents, Olga and Americo, to my wife Mariana, to my son Nahuel and my daughter Emilia, to all of them, thanks for standing by me for such a long ride, he said. Last but not the least, to my dear fans, who always suppported and cheered me either from their homes or from the stands of all the arenas where I fought.dddddddddddd. I will never forget that chanting: Chi-nooooo, Chi-nooooo!Maidana (35-5, 31 KOs) fought the first two years of his career exclusively in Argentina before signing with now-defunct German promoter Universum and fighting on its cards in Germany, including his first world title opportunity, a split-decision loss to Andriy Kotelnik for a junior welterweight belt in February 2009.But in his next fight, in June 2009, Maidana made his American debut with Golden Boy in rock em, sock em style. Headlining a card at Staples Center in Los Angeles, he was the underdog against rising star Victor Ortiz. But in a wild, frenzied fight of the year contender, Maidana survived three knockdowns in the first two rounds, dropped Ortiz in the first and sixth rounds and made him quit in the sixth to win a vacant interim junior welterweight belt in an epic fight.Maidanas fights became must-see TV. He won his next three and then found himself in another barnburner, albeit it a close decision loss to Amir Khan in a world title bout in December 2010?that was voted fight of the year by the Boxing Writers Association of America. He then beat future Hall of Famer Erik Morales in another slugfest for a vacant interim title and was later elevated to a full titleholder, defending once against Petr Petrov in an Argentina homecoming bout.When Maidana moved up to welterweight he suffered a controversial 10-round decision loss to Devon Alexander. But then Maidana won his next four fights, including exciting battles against Jesus Soto Karass and Josesito Lopez and the biggest win of his career, a punishing decision in an upset of Adrien Broner, whom he knocked down twice and embarrassed, to win a welterweight world title in December 2013.It was the superb showing against Broner that drew the attention of Mayweather, whom he first fought in May 2014 in a welterweight title unification bout. Maidana gave Mayweather one of the toughest fights of his career, but Mayweather won a majority decision, prompting him to give Maidana a rematch four months later.Maidana had his moments against Mayweather again, but lost a unanimous decision in what turned out to be his final fight, assuming the retirement sticks.At this time I start a new stage in which I will remain close to boxing, advising and unconditionally supporting Team Maidana, aiming for new generations to reach the highest levels, Maidana said. I will be there for our (featherweight titlist) Jesus Cuellar, for new great prospects like Brian Casta?o, my brother Fabian Maidana (and) Alan Casta?o, who are already making some noise internationally; for Javier Maciel. Also I will be there for the new kids like Neri Romero and Luis Veron. And most likely I will be there for many others who will join us along the road looking for great challenges. My goal is to pass the baton over to them now. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz