Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

12.05.2019 15:50
uesday, highlighting a lack of cohesion for the Azzurri on Antworten

SAN DIEGO -- Jason Marquis and Yasmani Grandal lifted the San Diego Padres to a place they havent been in over two years -- the .500 mark. Grandal hit a three-run homer to cap a five-run fourth inning and the Padres improved to 34-34 with a 6-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Saturday night. The last time the Padres were at .500 was April 10, 2011 -- when they were 4-4. Their last day above .500 was the finale of the 2010 season, when they finished 90-72. Jason Marquis (9-2) allowed three runs on three hits in 6 2-3 innings, winning his eighth straight decision to help the Padres extend their win streak to five. San Diego also pulled within three games of first-place Arizona in the NL West. Huston Street, who came off the disabled list Friday, came on in the ninth and allowed one run but picked up his 12th save in 13 opportunities. The Padres, who began the season 5-15, have strung together a 29-19 record since April 24th, tied for the second-best mark in the National League in that time. The St. Louis Cardinals have gone 32-16. "It looks good on paper," manager Bud Black said of the team evening its record. "I think it sends a great message to our guys, it really does. They fought off some hard times in April to where we are now. So Im very proud of them to get to .500. Its great. I think it proves that we can continue to play solid baseball." For a while it looked as though the Padres were going to fall short of that elusive .500 goal after the Diamondbacks staked starter Wade Miley to a 3-0 lead through three innings -- thanks in part to a two-run home run by Miguel Montero in the first inning. Miley faced the minimum over the first three frames and had allowed only a walk to Grandal when Everth Cabrera led off the fourth with a single to right. Chris Denorfia followed with a hard shot to shortstop that Didi Gregorius misplayed for an error. Chase Headley drove in San Diegos first run with a single to centre. After Kyle Blanks reached on a fielders choice, Logan Forsythe hit a sacrifice fly to score Denorfia. Jesus Guzman followed with a single to right, and Grandal, who served a 50-game suspension for testing positive for elevated levels of testosterone, hit his first homer of the year -- a 442-foot shot into the second deck in left field. That gave the Padres a 5-3 lead on five unearned runs. "It felt great," said Grandal. "Ive been having some good at-bats, squaring some balls up, but obviously the outcome had been different. But it felt so good to get that first home run out of the way." Grandal thought Marquis did a great job in making adjustments after the first couple of innings. "I just found myself a little bit mechanically," said Marquis. "I didnt think I was going to get out of the third, but I got a little boost of energy, I felt something in my delivery at the end of the third inning when I was facing the eight and nine hitters and I just rolled with it and things went smoothly from there." Kyle Blanks added his seventh home run in the sixth off Miley with a line shot to left. Arizona threatened in the eighth on singles by Gregorius and Montero, but Dale Thayer struck out Cody Ross and Jason Kubel looking to end the inning. "We started out pretty good," said Montero. "Jason (Kubel) seemed pretty upset. But we couldnt get a rally going. Then he made a good pitch (to Miley) to get out of that jam in the top of the fourth. Its frustrating." NOTES: Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson said he hasnt heard anything about the appeals of his players suspensions from their fight with the Dodgers earlier this week. Arizona will likely play with a 24-man roster with pitcher Ian Kennedy being given a 10-game suspension. Gibson is confident the suspensions will be staggered, allowing the team to mix and match position players. ... Arizona 2B Aaron Hill was scheduled to make a minor league rehab start Saturday night for Triple -A Reno at Tucson. He will play Sunday, take off on Monday and play for Reno at home on Tuesday and Wednesday. Gibson was hopeful that Hill would play at least five innings. Hill has been sidelined since April 11 with a slight fracture in his left hand. ... Padres OF Carlos Quentin was out of the starting lineup because of an injured left shoulder, which he said he hurt taking a swing on Friday. ... Former Padres catcher John Baker was claimed off waivers by the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday and optioned to Triple-A Albuquerque. ... Clayton Richard, originally scheduled to pitch Saturday, will start Sunday. Padres manager Bud Black said he wanted to keep Marquis on regular rest and gave the struggling Richard an extra day between starts. Richard (1-5, 8.06) will be opposed by Kennedy (3-4, 5.49) who is appealing his suspension.Sneakers Nz Online . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. Cheap Sneakers Nz . Jay Feely kicked a 41-yard field goal in overtime, and the Cardinals edged the Tennessee Titans 37-34 in overtime after blowing a 17-point lead late in the fourth quarter. http://www.wholesalesneakersnz.com/ . They were putting most of their energy into a record-setting offensive display. Wholesale Sneakers For Sale . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Sneakers Nz Cheap . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases.RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil -- An understrength Italy conceded two late goals in a 2-2 draw with Haiti in a Confederations Cup warmup match Tuesday, highlighting a lack of cohesion for the Azzurri only five days before the tournament begins. Italy immediately took control when Emanuele Giaccherini redirected a cross from Antonio Candreva just 19 seconds in at the Sao Januario stadium, home of the Vasco da Gama club. However, the European runners-up had trouble finishing for the next 70 minutes and Haiti came close to equalizing on several occasions before substitute Claudio Marchisio doubled the lead from a rebound in the 72nd after Mario Balotelli had set up Stephan El Shaarawy. Italy relaxed again after its second goal and substitute Olrish Saurel pullled one back for Haiti with an 85th-minute penalty after Davide Astori took down Jean-Eudes Maurice.dddddddddddd Jean Philippe equalized in the 90th with a long, angled shot. Italy coach Cesare Prandelli blamed the performance on jet lag. "We knew that was a risk," Prandelli said. "But Im not worried. We have (five) days to work on our physical condition. And we also need to find more motivation. I know it was a long club season but we need to produce something special here." Italy also struggled in its last match, when it was held to a 0-0 draw by the Czech Republic in a World Cup qualifier last week. In Group A of the Confederations Cup, Italy opens against Mexico on Sunday then faces Japan and host Brazil. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz