Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

11.05.2019 09:21
serted itself on the game. The U.S. was the more technically precise team, bettering France at its own game. That wasnt a univer Antworten

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Saturday morning, Missouri coach Barry Odom woke up to a text message informing him of something he did not know; since 1957, only one Missouri coach-Bob Stull in 1989-won in their home debut.Make that two.Drew Lock tied a school-record with five touchdown passes as Missouri ran away with its home opener, defeating Eastern Michigan 61-21 Saturday.Odom, who was a linebacker for Missouri from 1996-99, discussed the surreal nature of earning his first home win as coach of his alma mater.It got to me a little bit tonight. Id be lying if I said it didnt...I feel the responsibility to do it right, because there are so many people that have worked so hard to put this program where it is.Lock completed 24 of 37 pass attempts for 450 yards, only 30 yards shy of the school record.He did some really good things tonight, Odom said of Lock. He is doing a great job of running our offense, and things are slowing down tremendously for him. I think he will continue to grow by learning from his mistakes, while learning from the good things he does as well.The Tigers (1-1) amassed 647 yards of total offense, the most since Sept. 17, 2011. Running backs Demarea Crockett and Ish Witter combined for 25 rushes, 129 yards and two touchdowns.Ray Wingo led Missouri in receiving yards with 125 on just three catches, one of which was a 52-yard touchdown midway through the third quarter. Johnathon Johnson caught five passes for 115 yards and a touchdown, and Emmanuel Hall had three catches for 90 yards.Their passing attack proved to be too strong, said Eastern Michigan coach Chris Creighton, who is now 4-22 in three seasons with the school. The long balls, and even just the quick game, would eat up yards. They did a really good job of that.We just got run by on some of those long balls, and some well-placed balls, and some speed and size at receiver that we just werent able to combat.On the final play of the first quarter, Johnson bobbled a high-arcing punt near midfield, but recovered and took it 54 yards for a touchdown. He finished with 210 all-purpose yards.It was scramble mode, Johnson said of the circus play. I had to pick it back up. I knew I had muffed it, so I was just trying to get it back up, and I just cut it across the field.Odom said hes seen this type of playmaking ability from Johnson before.The things he did on the field tonight, he does in practice on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Its important to him that he is a total package player, having the ability to not only play out wide, but to return punts and block. He is only going to get better.Eastern Michigan quarterback Todd Porter was 23 of 45 for 287 yards with one touchdown and two interceptions. He also rushed 13 times for 46 yards and one touchdown.The Eagles (1-1) struggled offensively, especially in the first half. Their first seven drives consisted of five punts, an interception and a 1-yard touchdown run. They converted 11 of 21 third down attempts and were 0 for 1 on fourth down.Missouri cornerback Aarion Penton broke up three passes, made two tackles and had an interception, but left the game with a sprained shoulder and did not return.Eastern Michigan cornerback Juan Giraldo was ejected early in the fourth quarter for a targeting hit on Missouri receiver Keyon Dilosa.TAKEAWAYSMissouri: In a 26-11 loss at West Virginia last week, Missouris offense ran 100 plays, more than any team in the nation. That tempo slowed somewhat Saturday, as the Tigers ran 78 plays. However, they nearly doubled their average yards per play, from 4.6 against West Virginia to 8.3 against the Eagles, and scored the most points since a 62-10 win against Southeast Louisiana Sept. 1, 2012.Eastern Michigan: Starting running back Shaq Vann was limited to just one carry for 10 yards. Vann injured his shoulder early in the first quarter and did not return. Ian Eriksen became the Eagles primary ball carrier with Vann on the sidelines, rushing 23 times for 90 yards and a touchdown.UP NEXTMissouri: The Tigers host Georgia (2-0) next Saturday night. The Bulldogs defeated Missouri 10-9 last season in Athens.Eastern Michigan: The Eagles travel to UNC Charlotte (1-1) next Saturday in the first meeting between the schools. The 49ers football program began in 2013.Running Shoes NZ Sale .R. Smith realized how easily basketball can be taken from him, and he wasnt going to take his place in the NBA for granted anymore. Clearance Running Shoes NZ .com) - The Chicago Blackhawks aim for their third three-game winning streak of the season when they host the struggling Edmonton Oilers in Sundays battle at the United Center. http://www.wholesalerunningshoesnz.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. Cheap Running Shoes Online NZ . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. Best Cheap Running Shoes NZ . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury.The roster that the U.S. womens national team takes to the Olympics is that of a program with one eye on its present and one eye on its future.Which makes it anatomically impossible to keep an eye on the past.All things considered, that makes for a nice change.The national team for years went to major tournaments with one eye glued to the past, either attempting to recapture the magic of 1999 by winning another World Cup or, just as often, trying to lessen the sting of another World Cup disappointment through Olympic consolation.Those efforts had their moments, to be sure, but it was a formula for frustration.Win today to escape yesterdays shadow.Then they won. They stood and celebrated their 2015 World Cup triumph on a podium inside Vancouvers BC Place after a soul-cleansing, flag-waving romp of a final. And people started thinking about tomorrow. Not as a short-term salve but as a long-term opportunity. People including U.S. coach Jill Ellis.If we are about winning world championships, we cant just have all of our focus be on the Olympics, Ellis said Tuesday in recounting a conversation with U.S. Soccer president Sunil Gulati after the World Cup. It has to be on looking at new players, looking at players to build for beyond. And he agreed. We still want to win a gold medal. We still want to be competitive this summer. Thats still a high, high priority. I think we can do that, but we can also start to build players for the future.Make no mistake, the roster she announced Tuesday is one selected to compete for gold in Brazil, to try to become the first team to win the World Cup and Olympics in back-to-back years. No one is asking Carli Lloyd to lead a developmental roster. It is why Megan Rapinoe is there just seven months after the midfielder suffered a torn ACL, and despite the fact that she hasnt played for club or country yet this year. Even if Rapinoe is able to play only a reserve role, either in the tournaments early stages or throughout any run, those minutes are worth the roster spot for the added value on set pieces and crosses alone.Nor is it just loyalty to the holdovers that puts a premium on the present. A rookie in a major tournament at 28 years old, Allie Long might still be a viable option in 2019 or 2020, but she is here because of what she offers the team right now. Given their roles, it appears that Long and Samantha Mewis were competing for one roster spot. Mewis has more future ahead of her. Long is more reliable at this moment. Pragmatism won that contest (while simultaneously providing one of the teams most compelling stories in Longs lengthy journey to this stage). The same goes for Whitney Engen, who apparently edged out NWSL No. 1 pick Emily Sonnett as a back-line reserve.But after being the oldest team in the World Cup a year ago, the United States could at some point put a starting lineup on the field in Brazil that includes Morgan Brian, Crystal Dunn, Lindsey Horan, Julie Johnston and Mallory Pugh. All of them will still be in their 20s when the 2019 World Cup in France rolls around. All of them will still be in their 20s during the 2020 Olympics in Japan.So will Mewis and Sonnett. So willl players such as Jaelene Hinkle, Danielle Colaprico, Rose Lavelle and teenager Ashley Sanchez, all of whom spent varying amounts of time with the national team during the buildup to the Olympics.dddddddddddd That wasnt possible when Ellis took over a veteran player pool with far less than a full preparation cycle left in advance of the World Cup.I wasnt going to be able to get experience enough for younger players to come in, Ellis said of the World Cup. I had a very good handle on the players that were in the group. And so I felt very comfortable in terms of this is how were going to play and this is what we need. Preparing for a World Cup, I dont think I was looking beyond what we had already in.Veterans like Shannon Boxx and Lori Chalupny, both since retired, fit that roster. Recent high school graduate Pugh fits this one.It isnt just about the personnel. Thats only part of the picture. Ellis was almost giddy after a 1-0 win against France earlier this year, a game that looked headed for a scoreless draw until Alex Morgan scored in second-half stoppage time. It wasnt the result that pleased the coach but the way the team asserted itself on the game. The U.S. was the more technically precise team, bettering France at its own game. That wasnt a universally held view, notably getting some measure of disagreement at the time from an oft-isolated-on-the-night Lloyd.This style suits the likes of Brian and Horan, a new generation of gifted technicians. It suits Becky Sauerbrunn and Julie Johnston, center backs able to play out. It is surely part of the reason Kelley OHara, with all her versatility, has claimed the starting job at right back.Right or wrong, successfully implemented or not, this style tries to balance the traditional American strengths of athleticism and fitness with technical precision and pace of play. It is a style of play for tomorrow.At times Ive seen us play through lines -- we want to be a balance, Ellis said. If we can get in behind with one pass, we want to do that because its on. And thats any team in the world, if a team is going to give you that. But then we also need to be able to problem-solve, and I think thats where weve gotten better in terms of just being able to play off of each other, have more versatility. We talk about a variety of ways to get into the goal zone.Ellis laughed out loud at one point during a conference call to discuss the roster, asked about having the freedom of more job security after winning the World Cup. The adrenaline of a profession in which that doesnt exist, she said, is part of the allure of coaching.But the roster she put together, for all its core familiarity, is one freed from the weight of the past. It is for today and tomorrow.Thats the exciting part when youve got a younger group, Ellis said, is you can plan beyond three months.Ellis and this roster will be judged on what they do in Brazil. Thats the nature of being No. 1.But what they do in Brazil will also be the foundation of the roster that we will judge in 2019 and 2020. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz