Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

10.05.2019 14:43
r was fifth in the SEC in 3-point percentage last seas Antworten

CARLSBAD, Calif. -- After a near six-year absence, former world No. 1 Martina Hingis is back on the WTA Tour. But Hingis, a five-time Grand Slam singles champion, insists her return will only be in doubles and not singles. The 32-year-old Hingis began her second comeback to the tour Wednesday, teaming with Daniela Hantuchova for a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Julia Goerges and Darija Jurak in the Southern California Open. Hingis has retired twice previously, the first time in early 2003 at 22 and the last time in November 2007. "I always had it in the back of my head in the last six years," said Hingis, who has been coaching for the last two years. "Now, being so much closer to it, being closer to the game, closer to the matches, I was like lets try it again and see if I can have a great time." Her last WTA match was a second-round loss to Chinas Peng Shuai at an event in Beijing in September 2007. But recent comments made by current tennis commentator Lindsay Davenport, the three-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1 ranked player, that Hingis was using the doubles comeback to launch a full-fledge return to singles later this fall, has fueled rampant speculation. All of which the "Swiss Miss" swatted away like a weak second serve. "Its a different world," said Hingis, a recent inductee into the International Tennis Hall of Fame. "Even Team Tennis now, its brutal. Its only one set, but still like the next day I wake up and you have to put so much more effort into it. Playing tournaments, thats the easy part. Its all the grind behind it, behind the scenes that people dont see. The six straight hours of training. At 17, everything seemed to be so easy. Now. Im almost twice the age." Hingis just completed her second season of playing Team Tennis, leading the Washington Kastles to the championship and earning her second consecutive MVP award, all of which has her ready for her next return. "Its kind of weird just to play doubles," Hingis said. "Team Tennis always gets you in great shape. Being the MVP, that helps, I guess, the confidence. I played a lot more the last two years than I did in the first three years when I stopped." Hingis schedule after the Southern California Open includes two more warm-up tournaments at Toronto and Cincinnati before playing the U.S. Open, all with Hantuchova. "I dont have any expectations," Hingis said. "Obviously, I wouldnt put myself in this position if I didnt feel fine enough to be able compete at this level. Well see. Team Tennis, it was good enough. Will it be good enough in this world? Its another question." Hingis, who won 43 career singles titles, was also an accomplished doubles player with nine Grand Slam titles, including a calendar-year Grand Slam in 1998, and 37 doubles titles overall. A chronic ankle injury forced Hingis into her first retirement in 2003 and she was sidelined three years before she launched her first comeback in 2006. But her return fell far short of the standard set by the woman who held the No. 1 spot for 209 weeks, fourth longest in WTA history. Hingis was nothing close to the player who was the youngest Grand Slam singles winner at 16 years, three months when she captured the Australian Open in 1997 and later became the youngest female player to ascend to the No. 1 ranking. Hingis ended her first comeback under a cloud of controversy after she revealed in November 2007 that she tested positive for cocaine after losing in the third round at Wimbledon that year. Although Hingis professed her innocence, she said she was retiring rather than fighting the charges.Cheap Air Max Plus Nz . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. Nike Air Max Plus Online .Y. -- Bills receiver Stevie Johnson has a bone to pick with the NFL schedule maker. http://www.discountairmaxplusnz.com/ . It was the second consecutive win for the Pacers (2-5), who lost their first five preseason games. Jeff Teague led the Hawks (1-5) with 17 points and eight assists and Al Horford had 12 points and seven rebounds. Mike Scott scored 15 of his 17 points in the second half. Cheap Air Max Plus . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. Air Max Plus Nz . Carey Price didnt, but he still came out on top against one of his rivals for the No. 1 job at the Sochi Games. The Anahim Lake, B.C., native was stellar in making 39 saves in his home province and Lars Eller got credit for a bizarre short-handed winner as the Canadiens defeated the Canucks 4-1.FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Mike Anderson had plenty of good will with Arkansas fans when he was hired in 2011, thanks to his time as an assistant coach during the schools glory days.Those 17 years next to former coach Nolan Richardson, including the 1994 national championship, never seemed as far away as they did during last season when Arkansas finished 16-16.Thats why, in an attempt to reclaim some of that good will lost over the course of five seasons with only one NCAA Tournament appearance, Anderson brought in an influx of top junior-college talent this year to go along with Southeastern Conference preseason Player of the Year Moses Kingsley .Whether the additions of guards Jaylen Barford and Daryl Macon, along with forward Arlando Cook, are enough to return the Razorbacks to their 27-win level of two seasons ago is unclear. But its a start.The thing that excites me is weve got more pieces now, Anderson said. Pieces to the puzzle that fit what we want to do.Arkansas spent much of last season unable to recover from the early departures of former SEC Player of the Year Bobby Portis and All-SEC performer Michael Qualls.This season, the Razorbacks hope to mesh quickly around Kingsley, who considered leaving for the NBA before deciding to come back for his final season.The 6-foot-10 Nigerian center emerged from Portis shadow last season to average 15.9 points and 9.3 rebounds per game, and he had an early glimpse of his new teammates during a 10-day, four-game team trip to Spain over the summer. He liked what he saw, just as Arkansas fans hope the same in Andersons sixth season.I feel like the team has help now, Kingsley said.Some other things to watch as Arkansas attempts to return to the NCAA Tournament after missing it last season:HOT-SHOOTING HANNAHSKingsley isnt the only top returner for the Razorbacks, with sharp-shooter Dusty Hannahs also back after leadiing the team with 16.dddddddddddd points per game last season. The senior was fifth in the SEC in 3-point percentage last season, hitting 43.3 percent from behind the arc, and said he absolutely expects Arkansas to return to the NCAA Tournament this season.DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENTThe Razorbacks were 247th in the country last season while allowing opponents to average 74.7 points per game. Not surprisingly, defensive improvement has been a point of emphasis for Anderson -- who is counting on better perimeter defense with Barford and Macon, along with junior Anton Beard. We have to make teams uncomfortable with the basketball, Anderson said.POINT DUTYFormer Arkansas point guard Jabril Durham graduated after leading the Razorbacks with an average of 6.4 assists per game last season, and Anderson expects the 6-foot-3 Barford to try and take over that position of lead playmaker. Barford averaged a national-best 26.3 points per game in junior college last season, but he also averaged 5.1 assists per game two years ago and has good passing ability.BEARDS RETURNBeard played in 23 games last season, but he never appeared fully comfortable after missing the first semester following his arrest on forgery charges. The junior has stayed out of troubles way this year, and Anderson is counting on the guard to return to his All-SEC freshman form of two years ago -- when he averaged 5.8 points per game.THOMAS DEBUTThe power forward position was a prime weakness for Arkansas last season, and Anderson hopes 6-foot-8 Colorado transfer Dustin Thomas can help fill that void. Thomas averaged 4.4 points per game as a sophomore with the Buffaloes two seasons ago, and he was second on the Razorbacks in rebounding during their four games in Spain this summer. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz