Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

01.03.2019 09:35
.500 in his junior year in Antworten

ST. THOMAS, U.S. Virgin Islands -- Katelynn Flaherty made four 3-pointers and scored 22 points, Siera Thompson added five 3s and 21 points, and Michigan beat No. 25 Gonzaga 78-66 in the Paradise Jam on Thursday night.Nicole Munger played a key role in the final minutes for Michigan. She made a 3-pointer from the corner for a 70-63 lead with 3:19 left and drew a charge with 32.6 seconds remaining. She was fouled on the ensuing inbound play and hit two free throws for a 74-66 lead.Hallie Thome had 14 points, six rebounds and four assists for Michigan (5-0), which never trailed. The Wolverines made 12 of 21 3-pointers while Gonzaga was just 3 of 20 (15 percent).Boogie Brozoski hit a long contested 3-pointer just before the halftime buzzer to give Michigan a 44-34 lead.Jill Barta made 9 of 13 shots, hit all eight of her free-throw attempts and finished with a season high 27 points for Gonzaga (3-1). Emma Stach added 11 points and eight rebounds. Michael Wacha Jersey . -- Eastern Kentucky thrives off creating havoc for others. Brett Cecil Jersey . Pedro scored from a pass by Lionel Messi in the 33rd minute and added two more goals in the 47th and 72nd after Valdes saved his second penalty in four days following his stop in Wednesdays 4-0 over Ajax in the Champions League. http://www.cardinalsrookiestore.com/Cardinals-Dexter-Fowler-Kids-Jersey/ . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. Whitey Herzog Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Lou Brock Jersey . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Let me say this about Tim Tebow: I hope all his dreams come true. I hope he hits more home runs in his showcase than Giancarlo Stanton whomped in the Home Run Derby. I hope theres a big league contract awaiting him as well as a major motion picture he can star in himself.But now that Ive got that out of the way, its time to break it to him: That aint happening.That isnt how his beautiful baseball comeback tale is going to end. I bet he gets signed. I bet he gets an invitation to somebodys spring training camp. I even bet Ill be waiting for him when he pulls in, happily awaiting the chance to tell you all about it.But the truth is, what Tim Tebow is attempting to do cant be done. Hasnt been done. Wont ever be done.Hes missed 11 years in the batters box, one longtime scouting director said Tuesday. Nobody overcomes that. I know Josh Hamilton missed four years and he came back. But he was the No. 1 pick in the draft. Youd have to be a guy like that and just have stupid ability. And nobody ever thought of Tim Tebow like that.Not to say Tebow wouldnt have had a future if hed wanted to grow up and be the next Mike Trout instead of the next John Elway. He did hit almost .500 in his junior year in high school, against great competition in Florida. But even then, he was viewed as a guy with raw strength and athletic aptitude but lacking exactly the same quality that kept him from succeeding on Sunday afternoons -- fluidity.So who knows what he might have been if hed spent the last 11 years accumulating at-bats and reps and knowledge? But when he chose to spend those 11 years running bootlegs, learning to read zone defenses and pumping weights to build football strength, he was leading himself down a path that does not normally lead -- andd has never led -- to the top story on Baseball Tonight.ddddddddddddYes, Deion Sanders made it from the Falcons defensive backfield to the World Series. Yes, Brian Jordan played both these sports professionally. Yes, D.J. Dozier spent five years in the NFL, then played left field for the Mets. But you know what those guys never did? They never stopped playing baseball for a whole decade. Thats what. They all played in the minor leagues while they were dabbling in football. Thats what.Unfortunately, Tim Tebow did stop piling up those invaluable at-bats. From age 18 until age 29, he has had zero competitive plate appearances. So if youre ready, were about to reveal the complete list of players who missed 11 years of baseball, then made it to the big leagues as a position player. Here it comes in 3 ... 2 ... 1.INSERT BLANK WHITE CANVAS HEREIts never been done, said another exec Tuesday. Not that I know of.You know, said the scouting director quoted earlier, you always hear these stories about some kid who was out of baseball, then shows up in an independent league and surfaces as a big leaguer. But its as a pitcher. This guy is trying to do it as a position player. And ... he didnt even play his senior year of high school.So teams will go to his showcase later this month. In fact, I couldnt find a single team that said it wouldnt. And one of those teams will no doubt sign him. Why the heck not, right?But the dream hes chasing is one that has never come true. On the big screen down at the Cineplex, maybe. Just not in the world of professional sports that Tim Tebow is having such a hard time letting go of. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz