Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

08.05.2019 05:51
cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to h Antworten

Gwen Jorgensen, the first American to win back-to-back world triathlon titles, could have been an accountant.She gave up on her Olympic dream as a teenager when she realized she couldnt swim fast enough and decided shed go to college. She spent three years on the swim team at Wisconsin, where she was an All-American and Big Ten track champion, and would parlay her masters degree and CPA into a job at Ernst & Young upon graduation.Then she got a call from Barb Lindquist, at one time the worlds top-ranked triathlete and a former Olympian. She told Jorgensen that she, too, could be a world-class triathlete if she took up biking and dedicated herself to the sport.Jorgensen thought back to her childhood dreams of being the next Amy Van Dyken or Brooke Bennett.I was glued to the TV when they had Olympic trials on like they have now. It was just something that I really loved, Jorgensen said. But I came to the realization at a relatively young age, in high school, that I would never go to the Olympics in swimming. I just wasnt good enough. I wasnt making any national teams. I wasnt even making junior national teams.So, I just thought I would never be an Olympian. And then when the USA Triathlon approached me, one of the first things they said was, `You could be an Olympian. And I was shocked. I basically laughed at them. I said, `No, I tried than when I was younger and I basically dont have what it takes.She gave it a shot in 2010 and realized Lindquist was right, she was a natural and her Olympic dream was back -- even if triathlon as a sport wasnt that familiar to her. But she was hooked in no time and a few years later qualified for the London Games, where she was a favorite.Thats where the wheel came off.A flat tire doomed her to a 38th-place finish and fed her fire to make amends in Rio de Janeiro.Every race is completely different and thats something that I like about the sport, you go into the triathlon and you have no idea what could happen on race day and you have to be prepared for anything, which I think really makes it a hard race, Jorgensen said.Throw in the massive hype, crowds and logistics at the Olympics and its even more unpredictable.Every race is different and the Olympics are more different, said Jorgensen, who is a heavy favorite in the womens race Aug. 18 at Copa Cabana Beach, where the mens race will be held Aug. 20.Jorgensen, whos from Waukesha, Wisconsin, has 17 career wins and 21 medals on the ITU World Triathlon Series circuit. The sports two-time defending world champion, she had an unprecedented unbeaten streak stretching from May 2014 and April 2016 that produced a dozen consecutive first-place finishes.To ensure maximum energy and optimal condition for Brazil, Jorgensen eased up on her competition schedule this year and participated in races that were closer to her training base in Victoria-Gasteiz, Spain.I have one goal this year and that is the Rio Olympics on Aug. 20, Jorgensen declared.Other things to know about triathlon at the Rio Games:SPEED BUMPThe 1,500-meter swim, a 24.9-mile bike ride and a 6.2-mile run on Copa Cabana Beach features a challenging hill thats sure to slow the competitors and could tucker them out.The course is really good. Its tough, said Jorgensen, who qualified for Rio by winning the triathlon test event on Aug. 2 on the course. Theres a big hill on the bike and I think that makes it an honest course and everyone is going to be tired. Its going to be interesting to see how quickly you run after ... that really hard bike ride.ALL TIED UPA photo finish at the London Games led to Swedens failed attempt to have the Court of Arbitration for Sport rule the womens triathlon a dead heat. CAS said the photo finish ruling was a field of play decision by the International Triathlon Union and couldnt be challenged.That left Lisa Norden with a silver medal and Nicola Spirig of Switzerland with the gold. Spirig and Norden finished side by side and were given the same time at the end of the race but officials ruled Spirig crossed the tape first.THE RESTSarah True and Katie Zaferes join Jorgensen on the U.S. team, which is by far the best in the world. Americans Greg Billington, Ben Kanute and Joe Maloy are longshots in the mens race, where Spain sports the worlds top triathletes in Mario Mola and Fernando Alarza, currently 1-2 in the ITU World Triathlon Series rankings. Saucony Shoes Clearance . The phone hearing is scheduled for 4:30pm et/1:30pm pt. Winchester, who was not penalized for the hit, appeared to make contact with Kellys head early in the first period of Thursdays game in Boston. Buy Saucony Shoes Australia . With the short-handed Warriors needing help from someone -- anyone -- to stop a three-game skid, ONeal returned from right knee and groin injuries that had sidelined him for four games and put up season highs with 18 points and eight rebounds. It was just enough to help lift Golden State to a 102-101 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Tuesday night. http://www.cheapsauconyaustralia.com/ . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. Cheap Saucony Shoes Australia . The 25-year-old Japanese star has officially been posted by his club team, the Rakuten Golden Eagles. Saucony Shoes Factory Outlet .Y. - Jerome Samson scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the St. BERLIN -- Unbeaten Leipzig continued its impressive start in its first Bundesliga season by beating Augsburg 2-1 to move to provisional third on Friday.Leipzig, founded in 2009 when energy-drink manufacturer Red Bull rebranded fifth-tier side SSV Markranstaedt and financed its speedy promotion as a new entity through the lower leagues, is the first promoted side in the Bundesliga to remain unbeaten after six games.Its nice to see that weve settled into the league, Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuettl said. But well stay hungry; were not satisfied yet.Emil Forsberg fired the home side ahead, continuing Leipzigs recent trend of scoring early after the 1-1 draws against Cologne and Borussia Moenchengladbach.Forsberg was in the right place to slot home the rebound after Marwin Hitz did well to stop Marcel Sabitzers swerving effort.The lead didnt last long, as Ji Dong-won equalized three minutes later, eluding a defeender and curling an unstoppable effort into the top far corner for his first goal since January 2014.ddddddddddddTimo Werner struck the crossbar for Leipzig shortly afterward. The former Stuttgart winger, just 20 years old, was already playing his 101st Bundesliga game.Sabitzer was again involved in Leipzigs winner, setting up Yussuf Poulsen to rifle into the roof of the net in the 52nd for his first Bundesliga goal.Leipzig wasted a number of chances to build on the lead before Alfred Finnbogason missed a last-minute opportunity to equalize for Augsburg.Leipzig moved level on points with second-place Dortmund, which visits Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday. Cologne, `Gladbach, Eintracht Frankfurt, and Hertha Berlin could all move back in front of Leipzig after their respective games. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz