Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 53 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

04.05.2019 15:19
, and according to a spokesman, the leagues administrators council changed the procedures during its regularly scheduled meeting Antworten

NORTON, Mass. -- In the 477 days between Rory McIlroys last PGA Tour victory and his ultra-impressive, come-from-behind triumph at the Deutsche Bank Championship on Monday afternoon, hes been the subject of massive critical analysis.Hes been condemned for too few title contentions and too many back-door top-10s. Blasted for working out too much. Chided for not caring enough about his game -- or possibly caring too much. Razzed for not supporting the Olympics and castigated for comments about growing the game.Ask him which criticism is most unfair and he points to the one about his workout regimen, but quickly concedes that any judgment of his on-course performance is fair game.I dont know if any criticism is unfair, McIlroy said after a final-round 65 lifted him from a 6-stroke deficit to a 2-stroke victory. With my game, the critics and the analysts and everyone that are out there, theyre educated about golf, so they for the most part know what theyre talking about. A criticism of my golf game, I take it, and I know what I need to work on -- and sometimes those people point out the obvious.The obvious in this case was so obvious that he didnt even need to mention it. Thats because all of those criticisms put together didnt equal the negative reviews about his putting.And for good reason.By his own admission, McIlroys putting has largely been abysmal this year. If you dont believe him, just take a look at his PGA Tour ranks: Entering this week, he was 117th in putts per round, 130th in strokes gained putting, 165th in total putting, 189th in putting inside 10 feet and 193rd in three-putt avoidance.Most players would lose their cards with these numbers. McIlroy is such a good ball striker that he was simply losing tournaments.Just a week ago, he did something about it. He switched from a Nike putter to a Scotty Cameron mallet-style model and formalized a working relationship with putting guru Phil Kenyon, who has previously helped the likes of Henrik Stenson and Louis Oosthuizen.Something clicked. Check that: Everything clicked.At TPC Boston, McIlroys putting stats were a complete turnaround. He finished seventh in strokes gained putting and first in putting average, and he endured just a lone three-putt all week.To paraphrase Happy Gilmore: Somebody learned how to putt -- uh-oh.Its just incredible, this game, how quickly things can change and how quickly things can turn around, he explained. Its been a great lesson for me this week not to get down on myself, to stay patient.Those words illustrated not only his reversal on the greens but also an epic bounce-back after an inauspicious beginning to the tournament.Through his opening three holes on Friday morning, McIlroy was already 4 over par -- just two spots away from last place on the leaderboard. He played the remaining 15 holes in 4 under and then posted progressive scores of 67-66-65, all while pointing to that Friday comeback as the key component.I thought its a great opportunity being 4 over through three holes to do something that I had never done before, to be in that position and go on and win a golf tournament, he said. I think even finishing in the top 10 after that start on Friday would have been a very respectable result, but to be sitting up here and have won the tournament, Im very proud of myself for that.McIlroy cited an ever-increasing maturity level and a reluctance to get down on himself as the reasons for this weeks win. That much is true, but so is this: Just a few weeks ago, he wouldnt have been able to make this comeback because he wasnt putting well enough.Thats right. The guy who ranked so far down the list on putting ranks this season won because of his putting this week.His world-class peers took notice, too.Adam Scott: Hes remarkable because hes a bit Teflon-coated, Rory. He gets criticized a lot, everything analyzed, and hes very patient, I think, with it all. To me, it looks like he hasnt got so frustrated this year -- hes just kept doing his thing. And this week hes kind of found some magic in his fingers or something and hes holing everything.Jordan Spieth: The last two weeks, hes been on the practice green every time Ive been there, and before and after. I feel like I work hard on my putting, and hes worked as hard as anybody in the past two weeks on his putting. Its just a little bit of confidence. I mean, it seems to be working for him now.Jason Day: Over the last few days, hes obviously playing pretty well. Its been tough conditions and he thrives under these conditions with his ball striking. And if he gets hot on the greens...Day didnt need to finish that sentence.If McIlroy gets hot with his putting, this is exactly what happens: He finishes the day clutching a big trophy.That much is obvious, just as obvious as the season-long criticism about his putting -- criticism that will disappear after his long-awaited triumph.Air Jordan 3 Cheap Sale . LOUIS -- St. Air Jordan Retro 3 For Cheap . -- Linebacker Myles Jack ran for four touchdowns, defensive end Cassius Marsh caught a scoring pass, and No. http://www.airjordan3cheap.com/ . Still, Brewers manager Ron Roenicke thought taking him out before the fifth inning was an unusual move. "Im looking up at the board and hes got two hits given up and one run, and Im taking him out after the fourth inning," Roenicke said. Air Jordan 3 Cheap China . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Cheap Air Jordan 3 Wholesale . -- Matt Ryan needed one of the best games of his career to lead the Falcons and their depleted offence out of their three-game losing streak last week.A recently changed Big Ten tiebreaker could come into play in the East Division race, though it likely would affect only the timeline of naming a champion.?There was some brief consternation last season, when it appeared possible that Ohio State, Michigan State?and Michigan?could finish in a three-way tie for first place in the East with one loss and no head-to-head tiebreakers available.In that scenario, the division champion would have been decided by the fifth tiebreaker -- the highest-rated team in the College Football Playoff rankings. Theres just one problem for this season: The final regular-season CFP rankings dont come out until Nov. 29, meaning the teams wouldnt know who is heading to Indianapolis until four days before the conference title game.The Big Ten recognized this problem, and according to a spokesman, the leagues administrators council changed the procedures during its regularly scheduled meeting last month.?Now, the fifth tiebreaker will be best overall winning percentage.The CFP ranking was removed as one of the tiebreakers due to the timing of when the rankings are released and the potential competitive and logistical impact the timing could have on the Big Ten championship game, league spokesman Adam Augustine told ESPN in an email Sunday night.The ACC went through a similar rule change, eliminating the playoff rankings as one of its tiebreakers and instead turning to rankings from a private analytics firm.The Big Tens new rule will eliminate a potential timing headache but is unlikely to change who would make?it to the title game in the event of a three-way East Division tie between Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State this season. The Nittany Lions 24-21 upset of the Buckeyes on Saturday night left both teams at 3-1 in the conference.dddddddddddd Penn States only loss is to Michigan, which is 4-0 in league play. If Penn State wins out, Michigan loses only to Ohio State, and the Buckeyes win out, all three teams would finish 8-1 with their losses among themselves.Therefore, the Big Tens first four tiebreakers wouldnt apply.They are:1. Records vs. one another (all three would be 1-1)2. Intradivision records3. Records vs. next-highest-placed teams in the division, in order of finish (fourth place through seventh)4. Records vs. all common conference opponentsSo a three-way tie then would go to overall winning percentage, which would eliminate Penn State because it lost to Pittsburgh and would have two overall losses, compared to one for Ohio State and Michigan. It then would come down to the head-to-head record between the Buckeyes and Wolverines, which would send Ohio State to Indianapolis.Thats not a different outcome, however, than what using the CFP rankings likely would create.Penn State likely would be ranked well below Ohio State and Michigan. And if Ohio State beat Michigan in the final game of the regular season, that most likely would convince the committee to rank the Buckeyes ahead of the Wolverines in the ensuing CFP poll.What would have happened if Penn State hadnt lost to Pitt? Or what if?a scenario arises in the future in which there is a similar three-way tie but each team has the same overall winning percentage?Under the new rules, the sixth tiebreaker is: The representative will be chosen by random draw.Thats right. A division champ and potential playoff contender could be decided by the league drawing names out of a hat.? ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz