Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

25.04.2019 15:55
ifying offer from Washington worth nearly twice th Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Isabell Werth became the most successful rider at the Olympics as she helped the German dressage team to gold on Friday, reclaiming the title in an event that her country has historically dominated.Germany has won eight of the past nine gold medals in the discipline, with its run interrupted by Britain in the 2012 London Games.It was Werths fifth gold medal in the event, tying compatriot and former Olympic champion Reiner Klimke. She now has nine Olympic medals in all.Werth could also add an individual title to her haul on Monday, although she faces stiff competition in reigning champion Charlotte Dujardin. Her victory also moves her even with compatriot and former Olympic champion Reiner Klimke.Its great to have another gold medal of course, thats why we came here, to win. But to work with horses and to win with three different horses, that makes me really happy and proud, thats what I work for day by day.Werth, Kristina Broring-Sprehe, Dorothee Schneider and Sonke Rothenberger posted a score of 81.936 percent, while the British team finished with 78.595.The United States was third with 76.667, with former hairdresser Laura Graves recording a personal best of 80.644 on Verdades in her first Olympic Games.The elusive 80 percent, finally weve captured it, it exists, Graves said. I knew it was going well. You just always hope your reflections match up with the judges. I was happy to see my teammates so happy and then to have a personal best and a score Ive been reaching for was just icing on the cake.It ends a long wait for German-born Steffen Peters, who helped the U.S to bronze in 1996 but was a reserve when it repeated that feat in 2004.If you wanted to see a 52-year-old man act like a 10-year-old boy you should have seen me in the stands when Laura was coming down the center line, Peters said. I was crying my eyes out, it was just one of those absolutely amazing experiences.The results are calculated using the average of the three best riders scores from each nation from Fridays Grand Prix Special as well as the previous days Grand Prix.We were hoping and a little bit expecting we can go for the gold medal because I cant remember a German team that went to the Olympic Games where four horses could go over 80 percent, Werth said.So I was hoping that if there was maybe one horse that had problems that the other three are so strong that they could deal with the situation but all four horses were really good over three days and this was much more than we expected.Three of the top four finishers were German, with Britains Dujardin posting the second highest score after an uncharacteristic error from her horse Valegro.The individual Olympic champion still managed a score of 82.983, with Werth achieving 83.711.The individual medals are awarded Monday after the Grand Prix Freestyle, where the top 18 riders from the first two grand prix pick their own routine to perform with music.Carl Hester, who also trains the other riders on the British team, has a special plan to ensure Dujardin successfully defends her title.Im taking her to Christ the Redeemer tomorrow to pray for Monday, he said.Wholesale Asics Shoes Canada . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. Cheap Asics Shoes Canada . If ever they start actually putting pictures beside words in the dictionary, the Blue Jays left-handers mug will appear beside “Consistency. http://www.asicsoutletcanada.com/ . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. Discount Asics Shoes Canada . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Cheap Shoes Canada . After Gasquet beat fifth-seeded Ivan Dodig of Croatia 7-5, 6-3, Tsonga followed up with a 6-7 (3), 6-2, 6-2 win against sixth-seeded Edouard Roger-Vasselin in an all-French match.Ian Desmond didnt settle on a new team until late February, his puzzling free-agent saga finally ending when he signed a one-year deal with Texas.Now Desmond looks like a bargain for the Rangers -- and a big reason theyre comfortably ahead in the AL West.Desmonds $8 million deal with the Rangers seemed almost humbling after hed rejected a qualifying offer from Washington worth nearly twice that amount. He also had to switch positions, moving from shortstop to the outfield. But Desmond has been outstanding after a slow start, and hes now batting .319 with 15 home runs, 54 RBI and 15 stolen bases.Its off-the-charts incredible. Just the leadership, athleticism, manager Jeff Banister said. I dont want to put any one single player ahead of any others. But you take him out of our lineup and off our team, it has a different look to it.Desmond wasnt the biggest name to change teams last offseason, and he certainly wasnt the most expensive signing, but moves like this can shift the course of a division race if they pan out. Desmond has turned a tough situation into a success story, and Texas has been rewarded for its confidence in him.You look at the slugging numbers, the OPS and what hes done out of the 2-hole for us in runs scored -- has been as good as anybody in our lineup, Banister said. To make the transition to the outfield, has been more than serviceable. He has been really good in center field.Here are a few other offseason acquisitions who have made significant contributions for their new teams:ZACK GREINKE, DIAMONDBACKSThe Diamondbacks signed Greinke to a six-year, $206.5 million contract, and the right-hander got off to an awful start, finishing April with a 5.50 ERA. He eventually settled in and started to look like the pitcher he was last year.He won seven straight starts from May 17 to June 18, and hes now 10-3 with a 3.62 ERA.Hes great, Arizona slugger Paul Goldschmidt said. Hes been pitching for 10-plus yearrs so he knows what hes doing.dddddddddddd He had a few rough starts but then he was really, really good for eight, nine, 10. It was a lot of fun to play behind him after being on the other side the last few years.Greinke is on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique. The team has set no timetable for his return but hopes it is shortly after the All-Star break. Arizona is well under .500 despite Greinkes efforts.DANIEL MURPHY, NATIONALSAfter his big postseason helped the New York Mets win the National League pennant, Murphy signed a $37.5 million, three-year contract with division-rival Washington. The Nationals now lead the Mets by three games atop the NL East, in part because Murphy is hitting an NL-best .346. The 31-year-old second baseman also has 15 homers and 59 RBI.JOHNNY CUETO, GIANTSCueto had his ups and downs during a brief stint with Kansas City that ended in celebration when the Royals won the World Series. The Giants have little to complain about after signing the right-hander to a $130 million, six-year deal. Hes 13-1 with a 2.47 ERA after pitching his fourth complete game of the season Wednesday night. That victory gave San Francisco the best record in baseball.MARK TRUMBO, ORIOLESAfter going deep twice Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, Trumbo led the majors with 26 home runs. He came to Baltimore in a December trade with Seattle, and hes complemented his typical power with a higher-than-usual batting average for the AL East-leading Orioles.FRANCISCO RODRIGUEZ, TIGERSIt was easy to be skeptical when Detroit traded for K-Rod, considering the Tigers track record with closers lately. But Rodriguez has 23 saves in 25 chances in 2016 and has generally finished off games without much drama.---AP Sports Writer Bob Baum in Phoenix contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz