Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Spiel
mary123 Offline

28.02.2019 06:13
failed to make it into that exclusive clu Antworten

MIAMI -- When Jacob Turner had wrapped up the first complete game of his career, he accepted a pat on the stomach from his first baseman, gave his catcher a slap on the shoulder and then greeted manager Mike Redmond with uncharacteristic bravado. "Thats how you do it, Red," Turner said. The 22-year-old right-handers swagger was justified. He pitched a seven-hitter and had a career-high seven strikeouts Saturday to help the Miami Marlins beat the San Diego Padres 7-1. The complete game was the first this year for the Marlins, who have the worst record in the major leagues but are 14-10 in June. Turner (2-0) has contributed to the turnaround. Following a dismal spring, he began the season in Triple-A, and since rejoining the Marlins he has an ERA of 1.76 in six starts. "This is a totally different guy than we saw in spring training," Redmond said. "He went down to the minor leagues and worked on things he needed to work on and, wow, this guy has come back to the big leagues and has been outstanding." Turners latest start, the 19th of his career, was the best yet. He allowed only one walk -- to start the ninth -- and threw 111 pitches, 77 for strikes. "He did a good job of moving the fastball on both sides of the plate," Padres manager Bud Black said. "He had some great movement on the fastball and threw some good breaking balls. Hes a fine young pitcher." Turner benefited from rare run support. The Marlins rank last in the majors in runs, but by the fourth inning they led 6-0. Giancarlo Stanton hit his eighth home run, Jeff Mathis had two RBIs and Placido Polanco became the 22nd active player to score 1,000 runs. The outburst came after the Marlins were outscored 20-3 while losing their first four games to San Diego this season. Eric Stults (6-6) gave up a season-high six runs, five earned, in 3 2-3 innings. The stint was his briefest as a starter since 2009. "I struggled with command of a lot of my pitches," Stults said. "The good pitches I made, they were able to put the barrel on the ball and find some holes." By the ninth, the only drama was whether Turner would get the complete game. He was still throwing in the low 90s, but he walked the leadoff batter and figured another baserunner would end his night. "You try not to think about it, but its going to be there," said Turner, who acknowledged butterflies at the end. "I definitely wanted to finish the game." First baseman Ed Lucas made a backhanded stab of Will Venables two-hopper and tossed to Turner covering first for the final out. The victory came in a snappy 2 hours, 24 minutes. When Turner was asked about his postgame comment to Redmond, he shrugged sheepishly. Redmond chuckled when he recalled the remark. "I wasnt expecting that out of him," the manager said, "but I loved it." The Marlins took a 3-0 lead in the first inning. After Justin Ruggiano and Lucas singled, Marcell Ozuna hit an RBI single, and when the ball skipped past centre fielder Alexi Amarista for an error, Lucas also came home. Ozuna then scored on Polancos sacrifice fly. Miami added three runs in the fourth, when the first four batters reached. Adeiny Hechavarria hit an RBI single, and Mathis singled past a drawn-in infield to score two more runs. Venable tripled in the fifth and scored on Nick Hundleys double. Notes: RHP Henderson Alvarez, who pitched 7 2-3 scoreless innings in a rehabilitation start Friday for Double-A Jacksonville, will rejoin the Marlins and move into the rotation next week. ... SS Everth Cabrera (strained hamstring) is scheduled to begin a rehabilitation assignment with Single-A Fort Wayne on Tuesday, and he might rejoin the Padres on Thursday. ... Ozuna improved his average with runners in scoring position to .415 (22 for 53). ... The Padres fell to 10-4 in Miami since 2009. Air Max 270 Cheap Wholesale . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. Air Max 270 Clearance . Tomas Berdych and Radek Stepanek defeated Nenad Zimonjic and Ilija Bozoljac 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on the indoor hard-court at Belgrade Arena. The victory improved the Czech pairs impressive cup doubles record to 14-1. http://www.airmax270cheapsale.com/ . For the Wild it was their first win of the season and they now have a record of 1-1-2 while the Jets fall to 2-2. Jets start a six game home stand Friday with another divisional game, home to the Dallas Stars. Air Max 270 Cheap Sale . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Air Max 270 Sale Online . Jordan Lynch, the all-purpose Heisman Trophy finalist from Northern Illinois, failed to make it into that exclusive club. SPRINGFIELD, N.J. -- Words seemingly not spoken by many male golfers these days: I cant wait to get to Rio.Bubba Watson typically doesnt follow the script, and the two-time Masters champion certainly has a different view about golfs return to the Olympic Games, which has been met with numerous withdrawals.Cant wait to get there, Watson said Tuesday at Baltusrol Golf Club, site of the PGA Championship this week. Theres two weeks in between, but its pretty exciting, and I want to get there.Watson, 36, said he has been all-in on the Olympics ever since it became apparent that he had a chance to qualify for the United States, which will send four players to Rio de Janeiro in two weeks because all are ranked among the top 15 in the world.At No. 6 in the world, Watson is the top American. He will be joined by Rickie Fowler, Patrick Reed and Matt Kuchar, all of whom attended an orientation meeting at Baltusrol on Monday that included former Olympic speed skater Dan Jansen.Hes there to cheer you up and get you excited about it, Waatson said.dddddddddddd But all four of us are pretty passionate about it. Any time you can play and represent your country to that level; obviously we represent our country this week, but to that level, a higher level, its pretty special.Watson said he had hoped to attend the opening ceremonies, but after competing in the PGA Championship this week, he will play next weeks Travelers Championship -- where he is the defending champion -- before heading to South America.My situation is different than everybody elses, Watson said, referring to the Zika virus many have cited as their reason for not going. The virus has been associated with a rise of microcephaly birth defect cases.We adopted our kids and Im not fearful of crime or anything like that, Watson said. So there was no fear at all. It was a go. My wife knew it. She wasnt going to hold me back. I was going to go as long as I made the team. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz