Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

17.04.2019 10:45
osses to Detroit and Washington.But Wentz r Antworten

At first glance, Dinesh Kumars loss to Virendra Singh of Himachal Pradesh in the semifinals of the heavyweight division at the Boxing National Championships on Monday must seem an upset. While Virendra is a relative newcomer, Dinesh has plenty of boxing pedigree. He is an Olympian and an Asian Games silver medalist after all. After the 2-3 split decision loss, Dinesh will have to be satisfied with a bronze medal, which he won by knocking out two opponents in the earlier rounds.But for those in the boxing fraternity, the result for the 27-year old - even if only a minor medal -- is nothing less than astounding. A thick ugly scar running down Dineshs right arm - from his shoulder to his elbow gives a clue to the reason for their surprise. Indeed it wasnt very long ago that it seemed Kumars boxing career was over.In May 2014, soon after winning the trials to select the Indian team for the Commonwealth Games, Dinesh was severely injured in a car accident. We were supposed to travel to Germany for a training camp soon after the trials. I had gone home to my village in Bhiwani because I expected to then travel to Delhi, he recalls. The training stint was cancelled however and Kumar was called back to the national camp in Patiala. Driving back, the vehicle he was driving collided with a truck. The car was a wreck. Dineshs right arm was mangled and his fist shattered. He was hospitalized and doctors screwed in his broken bones with metal plates.Dinesh had had comprehensive wins over his opponents in the Patiala trials and he says he often thinks about what could have been. I wonder how my life would have been different if I had been on that flight to Germany. I was in the best form of my career. I know I would have won a medal in Scotland. But I guess God had other plans for me, he says.This wasnt the first time that Dinesh had suffered an unexpected setback. In 2012, he was the frontrunner for the Indian team ahead of the Olympics. However just before the trials, he was attacked by unknown persons in the national camp. Sumit Sangwan would take his place and earn an Olympic quota. He had once been advised to conduct a religious ceremony for the bad luck he was plagued with. After his accident in 2014 though, he has stopped attending any religious function altogether. Ive given up on all of that. Ive realized, if something is written in your destiny, its going to happen whether you like it or not, he says.Despite the magnitude of the injury, Dinesh says it was his destiny to box again. Man me ek lalach tha. (There was a greed in my mind). There were boxers who said that I would not return. A couple of coaches told me to give up. But there was a fire from inside, that I will come back one day, he says.Dinesh remembers how determined he was right from the moment he woke up from surgery. About 18 days after the accident, I tried to start practicing again. I was desperate to compete in the Commonwealth Games. But, of course, I didnt make the team, he says. But his body started to respond. The doctor was stunned at my progress. He was expecting at least a couple of months for my stitches to come off but my arm began healing a lot faster, he says.?But despite his best hopes, recovery was indeed slow. It took 18 months, Dinesh says. In a bit of twisted logic, Dinesh reckons it helped that there were no tournaments during his layoff. It would have been difficult to watch others compete when I couldnt, he says.In the meantime, he threw himself into his Haryana Police job. Posted in Sirsa district, he began coaching youngsters in the district. I would go running just to maintain my fitness and I would notice these kids running behind me. Sirsa has a drug problem and it doesnt have a boxing culture so when one of my colleagues opened up a boxing academy in her village, I helped out over there, he says. Dinesh adds that training the youngsters helped him as much as them. They look up to me. It is a huge motivation to do well, he says. Dinesh also found inspiration in other sportpersons - Paralympian high jumper Mariyappan Thangavelu. He didnt have a leg and yet he was able to win a high jump gold. Even if my arm was damaged, surely that should not stop me, he says.When the dates for the senior boxing nationals were announced three months ago, Dinesh says he knew he would have to take part. He spoke to his family, who supported his decision to return to the ring. He took the opinion of doctors who said he could fight again. Ive trained for three months straight. Ive not taken any rest days or attended any family functions or visited my friends. I just boxed, he says.While there was sympathy for him, Dinesh didnt get any special favours. He had to take part in the All India Police trials on December 4th in Madhuban, Haryana. It was his first serious competition in over two years. There, he beat the previous years champion to book his spot.While it would be heartening to hear that Dinesh is as good as he was, it is clear that the injury has taken a toll. In contrast to the sharply sculpted left arm, his right is noticeably less muscular. My right arm has about 15 percent less strength than what it used to have, he says. Indeed, in his quarterfinal bout, Dineshs opponent kept trying to left hook over his right arm that would often drop. Unfortunately for his opponent, Dinesh is a southpaw. He would be dropped with a vicious uppercut to the body. Perhaps the only bit of luck I had is that my left is my power hand. That was not damaged. In the past, everyone would be afraid of my uppercut and that is still the case today, he says.While he is glad that he has made a comeback, Dinesh isnt satisfied with winning a bronze. Gold ke saath ana alag baat hoti (Winning the Gold medal is a different feeling), he says. Still he will know that by virtue of his bronze he will be included in the national camp. If I get another two or three months, my body will respond even better than now, he says. Dinesh says his target is clearly defined. I must compete in the 2017 Asian and Commonwealth Games. Jis chez ke karan mera accident hua tha, woh cheez pura kar ke khelunga. Bilkul zid si hai. (I got injured because I was going to train for the Commonwealth Games. Now, I have to complete that task. It is something I insist on doing), says Dinesh. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Jerseys . Goals from Jerome Boateng, Franck Ribery and Thomas Mueller extended Bayerns unbeaten run to a record 37 matches. "This record is incredible," Bayern coach Pep Guardiola said. Cheap NHL Jerseys . The Montreal Canadiens announced on Friday that the veteran forward will return to the teams line-up on Saturday night when the Habs visit the Nashville Predators. http://www.chinanhljerseys.com/ . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Wholesale Hockey Jerseys .J. -- Marty Brodeur beat the Pittsburgh Penguins yet again. PHILADELPHIA -- Carson Wentz is playing like a rookie and Doug Pederson is making decisions like a first-year coach.The combination of inexperience and inconsistency cost the Philadelphia Eagles another game, and theyre reeling at the midpoint of the season. Theyve lost four of the last five games, including a 28-23 loss to the Giants on Sunday.That 3-0 start is a distant memory now.Were obviously building something here, but, when you look at these games, that weve been in at the end, the encouraging thing is that we really should have won those games, Pederson said Monday. As we build this thing, were going to win these games down the stretch as we go.Wentz threw a pair of interceptions on Philadelphias first two drives against New York, putting the Eagles in a 14-0 hole. They also trailed 14-0 in the first quarter in losses to Detroit and Washington.But Wentz rebounded nicely against the Giants the same way he did in the other losses only to fall short at the end.The offense had the ball with an opportunity to drive for the winning score in each of the four losses, but Wentz couldnt get it done.He threw four straight incomplete passes from the Giants 17 in the final minute. Jordan Matthews was open in the end zone on fourth-and-10, but Wentzs pass sailed over his outside shoulder.It was a good ball, Matthews said afterward. Carson put it outside, good placement. Ive just got to locate it, find it and bring it in.Wentz also took the blame.Youve got to be precise down there, he said.Their inability to finish games should be a learning experience. They also have to play better at the start.That same sense of urgency that you have to have at the end of the gamme, we have to come out with that, Matthews said.ddddddddddddWe have to come out with that same drive, that same attention to detail and that gotta-have-it mentality, weve got to go make a play right now. It comes, and lots of times it comes when were down or late in games, and then its too late.Pedersons playcalling has been questionable lately. He was conservative in an overtime loss at Dallas last week and too aggressive against New York. Pederson is calling plays for the first time in his career after serving as offensive coordinator under Andy Reid in Kansas City.He passed up field goals twice to go for fourth-and-2 at the Giants 23 and fourth-and-1 at the Giants 6 in the first half. The offense failed to convert both times, and the six points were the difference in the outcome.I still feel strong about those, Pederson said. I think the decision is to go for it. It shows confidence and belief in the guys. We were moving the ball.To me, it didnt come down to those two plays. There were enough things that cost us this football game, but I still stick by what I did -- how I chose to go for it in both of those situations.Overall, the Eagles had a first down at the Giants 22 or better on six different possessions and ended up with three field goals on those drives.The Eagles host the NFC South-leading Atlanta Falcons (6-3) this week. Theyre 3-0 at home, including lopsided wins over the Steelers and Vikings.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Rob Maaddi on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AP-RobMaaddi ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz