Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
mary123 Offline

08.04.2019 07:51
vetting the top stars chances Antworten

NEW YORK -- It was the match of the tournament, hands down. Lucas Pouille, the fearless Frenchman, beat No. 4 Rafael Nadal in a hair-raising 4-hour, 7-minute battle.It has twists and turns aplenty, but in the end, Pouille showed why he is touted as one of the top up-and-coming talents. In case you missed it, heres how that match, along with other top storylines from Day 7, unfolded:Seemingly down and out, Nadal made one final push.?Ready, Set, Rafa2-time champ isnt going down without a fight. He wins 4th set 6-3, pushing Pouille to a decider. pic.twitter.com/cGVFh0XBHI- ESPNTennis (@ESPNTennis) September 4, 2016The fifth set was an ultra-intense, back-and-forth battle.Things are HEATING up on Ashe.Pouille consolidates the break and is just one game away from a R16 win over Nadal. pic.twitter.com/URE5Hu5t5i- ESPNTennis (@ESPNTennis) September 4, 2016The final set reached 6-6 -- a situation Nadal had not seen in more than a decade.Rafa has played 3 5th set tiebreakers. None in a Slam. Last one was 2006 Rome. (D. Federer)- Chris McKendry (@ChrisMcKendry) September 4, 2016In the end, an untimely mistake by Nadal deep in the tiebreaker cost him the match.WHAT. A. MATCH.22yo @la_pouille wins 4hr 7min thriller over two-time champ Nadal 6-1 2-6 6-4 3-6 7-6(6). #USOpen pic.twitter.com/nMCYuuBeeY- ESPNTennis (@ESPNTennis) September 4, 2016Amazingly, the loss ended one of Rafas great streaks.This is the 1st year since 2004 Rafael Nadal has not reached the quarterfinal at a Grand Slam in a calendar year. pic.twitter.com/j48TSJQxt4- SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 4, 2016But worry not, the 14-time Grand Slam champion isnt going anywhere, so he says.I need to keep improving the level of tennis, to be back where I was before the injury. - Rafael Nadal pic.twitter.com/GucXfLzGnE- ESPNTennis (@ESPNTennis) September 5, 2016The truth is, though, that Nadals loss opened up a lot of questions about his future. He has openly admitted to a crisis of confidence, and hes not getting any younger. At this point, we have to wonder whether Nadal is becoming a sentimental favorite rather than a player with realistic title hopes. ?Nadal: Another opportunity lostPouille wasnt the only Frenchman who walked away from the US Open pumped up Sunday.En quart !!! ??????? #USOPEN #TsongaTeam pic.twitter.com/ZP7bqnbash- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (@tsonga7) September 4, 2016Tsonga put an end to any hope an American man would win a Grand Slam by beating Jack Sock,?the last remaining Yank. That makes it 12 years and 362 days since an American man captured a Slam. But in this case, it wasnt about what Sock didnt do; rather what Jo-Willy did do. Serving notice like never before?And not to be outdone, ANOTHER Frenchman moved on. Gael Monfils beat down Marcos Baghdatis. Monfils has yet to drop a set in the tournament. And, naturally, he put on a show for the fans as well.ICYMI: This happened today.#USOpen https://t.co/cHKBQ1SBLl- ESPNTennis (@ESPNTennis) September 4, 2016Finally, in one of the feel-good stories of the tournament, Caroline Wozniacki beat Madison Keys with little resistance. How was she feeling afterward?Mood!!!! @usopen ???? pic.twitter.com/28mJ7XCtZ3- Caroline Wozniacki (@CaroWozniacki) September 4, 2016Woz, who was twice the year-end No. 1, said she had become more or less irrelevant when it came to vetting the top stars chances of winning Grand Slams. But while we might have lost self-belief in the Dane, she sure did not. As she said afterward, To be honest, at this point, Im very much like I dont care what my ranking is. Because if Im not in the top five, I feel like its not where I want to be. So at that point, whether Im 20 in the world or 100 in the world, it doesnt matter. Im going to play the same people anyway. Read more Cheap Penguins Jerseys . -- Nate Robinson has played for seven teams, so beating one of them is no longer a rare occurrence. Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys . The next step is a better finish. Bae played bogey-free Friday on another gorgeous day at Riviera for a 5-under 66, giving him a one-shot lead over Aaron Baddeley and Robert Garrigus going into the weekend. http://www.adidaspenguinsjerseys.com/ . -- Devin Hester is done returning kicks in Chicago. Cheap Penguins Jerseys Authentic . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Cheap Adidas Penguins Jerseys .C. -- Manny Malhotra had two goals and an assist, leading the Carolina Hurricanes to a 6-3 win over the Ottawa Senators on Saturday. Sydney businesswoman Angela Belle McSweeney has been elected to the board of the Australian Turf Club to the position vacated by former chairman Michael Crismale.Current ATC director Bill Evans has been re-elected with their four-year terms to begin on February 1 next year.McSweeney and Evans were among 12 candidatees put forward to members for two positions at the ATC annual general meeting on Thursday.ddddddddddddThe members were able to vote in person at the AGM, online or by mail through proxy. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz