Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 63 mal aufgerufen
 Freizeit
mary123 Offline

14.11.2019 09:39
nt: When he was appointed by the p Antworten

PARIS -- French law enforcement authorities on Saturday pledged extremely high security in Paris for Sundays European Championship final, with thousands of police patrolling as hundreds of thousands of fans mass in the French capital for the match.Security forces have three key venues to protect when France plays Portugal: The Stade de France stadium hosting the final -- outside of which three suicide bombers blew themselves up last year, the 92,000-capacity fan zone in the shadow of the Eiffel Tower, and the Champs-Elysees boulevard, which will likely be swamped with fans after the match.Mathias Vicherat, the Paris Mayors chief of staff, said some 1,900 police and other security officers would patrol the fan zone, while the citys police chief, Michel Cadot, said 3,400 officers would patrol the Champs-Elysees, some of them redeployed from the stadium and fan zone after the final kicks off.We have the extremely favorable ratio of one officer for fewer than 50 spectators in the fenced-off fan area where supporters can watch the match on a giant screen, Vicherat said. So it is an extremely high standard.Security forces have already successfully protected a total of 11 matches at the Stade de France and Paris stadium the Parc des Princes, including the tournaments opening match, but the final is expected to draw the biggest crowds as France aims to win its third European title by beating Cristiano Ronaldos Portugal.Troops have been patrolling the streets of Paris for months in the aftermath of two deadly attacks by Islamic extremists last year. As Portugal and France fans wandered along the Champs-Elysees on Saturday they passed army trucks and submachine gun-toting troops.Cadot said that the extreme security levels are in place because Paris is still under a general terrorist threat.He also ruled out using the Champs-Elysees as a venue for honoring the French team on Monday if it wins the tournament, saying that the wide, tree-lined street has to be prepared for an annual military parade to mark the French national holiday of Bastille Day on July 14.Meticulous security preparations began long before the tournament and included an exercise in March in which officials simulated an attack involving a chemical bomb at an open-air screening of a match, with thousands of spectators.France has mobilized some 90,000 security agents around stadiums, fan zones and streets to keep fans safe. Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve has also kept his ministrys crisis room open throughout the tournament to help monitor events and coordinate responses should action be necessary.The work has paid off so far.On the eve of the final, tournament organizer UEFA paid tribute to the work of the French security forces in the 50 matches played in 10 host cities leading up to the final.We owe a great debt of thanks to the French people, to the French president, Francois Hollande, to the French government, the host cities, and the French police and armed forces, who have done such a marvelous job of ensuring the safety of the millions of fans who have come from all over Europe to attend this tournament, UEFA senior vice president Angel Maria Villar said Saturday.Matches early in the June 10-July 10 tournament, most notably the 1-1 draw between England and Russia in Marseille, were marred by hooligan violence, but there have been no other major security problems at the a tournament.France has achieved something quite remarkable, delivering one of the worlds biggest sporting events in very challenging circumstances, Villar said. France has shown that adversity can be overcome. It has shown the world how to stand tall. Jesse Chavez Rangers Jersey . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. Phillips Valdez Rangers Jersey . As he recorded his 23rd and 24th points of the evening, a segment of the sellout Air Canada Centre crowd expressed their appreciation for the Raptors point guard with a smattering of MVP chants. https://www.cheaprangersbaseball.com/3032h-adrian-beltre-jersey-rangers.html .com) - The game was all punts and field goals before Kodi Whitfields catch. Rusty Greer Jersey . -- Arizona knocked off some quality opponents, rolled over a few overmatched ones and grinded out victories even when things didnt go so well. Tom Grieve Rangers Jersey .Y. -- Syracuse has turned up the defence at the right time all season, and when High Point threatened to pull off a monumental upset the second-ranked Orange did what they do best with their quick hands and savvy play. Dav Whatmore is not a happy man. More than seven weeks after he was fired as Zimbabwes coach, his pulse still quickens in anger as he talks of never having been treated as poorly in his 21 years of coaching at international level as he was in his Zimbabwe stint.According to Whatmore, there was nothing about the teams lack of performance under the termination clauses in his contract. He says that the end came suddenly, without warning, during a training camp in Bulawayo at the end of May, when managing director Wilfred Mukondiwa delivered the news while ZC chairman Tavengwa Mukuhlani stared at the floor.Mukuhlani declined to comment on the specifics of Whatmores sacking, pointing to a signed agreement between the parties that he believes is confidential. We have never commented on our parting with him in the media based on that agreement, he says.Whatmore believes he was on notice from the time Mukuhlani became chairman last August, taking over from Wilson Manase, whose overtures in December 2014, Whatmore says, were the main reason he decided to take a job that looked increasingly like a poisoned chalice.These challenges are nothing new to me - taking on sides that are struggling, Whatmore says. But more than that, this chairman [Manase] followed up every call and every email and he wanted me, which was a great motivational factor.ZC had at the time recently sacked coach Stephen Mangongo after a tenure that culminated in a poor tour of Bangladesh, where Zimbabwe lost all eight of their matches. Whatmore believes that tour had a knock-on influence on his own poor results as Zimbabwe coach.We were competitive in all the World Cup matches [in 2015] after I took over, he says. But the afternoon of the Pakistan match in Queensland, when Brendan Taylor told me, Dav, Im sorry but Im leaving, I felt so dejected. I knew then that was the beginning of the end for that team. He was the only player who was able to win some games for you. When he told me that, it was a horrible feeling.When hed made that decision to leave, he hadnt known that I was going to be around, he didnt know that there were going to be so many matches to be played in 2015, and he didnt realise that the environment would be so much healthier for the whole team. So we were competitive in all of those games, but after he left, thats when it became really difficult.Whatmores assertion that Taylor would have stayed on in Zimbabwe is backed up by an interview the batsman gave in January this year, when he said: If it wasnt for the tour to Bangladesh at the end of 2014, I would probably have seen myself still playing for Zimbabwe - certainly for another year.Ive never hated cricket so much as on that tour. The way the players were handled and treated, especially spoken to, I couldnt comprehend it. I think with the change of coach and the change of atmosphere, the way the players were so confident and relaxed when changes were made, I think thats why I felt I could play my best cricket again at the World Cup, whereas in Bangladesh it was a torrid seven weeks.Despite Taylors superb World Cup, where he was the fourth highest run scorer, Zimbabwe only beat the UAE. They did, however, run South Africa, Pakistan and India close, and lost to Ireland by just five runs. Without Taylor, Whatmores Zimbabwe continued to struggle, but they did beat India in a T20I and won one-day games against New Zealand and Pakistan. Overall they won nine out of 33 completed ODIs under Whatmore, and six out of 20 T20Is, giving him win percentages that were slightly higher than Zimbabwes all-time records, and very similar to those of other coaches over the past six years.But it was the twin series defeats to Afghanistan that irked Mukuhlani and his board. If Dav Whatmore was coaching India and he lost three times in a row to Afghanistan, would he have survived? asks Mukuhlani. Why on earth should he survive for doing that in Zimbabwe? Our ranking fell below Ireland and Afghanistan under his watch, so we need to be fair with each other.If Dav Whatmore was fired after losing to India, I would not even have accepted the board to do that. But we struggled against Ireland in Harare and scraped through [Zimbabwe won a one-day series 2-1 in October]. We lost to Afghanistan three times in a row. We struggled against Scotland in the World T20. We were not very convincing against Hong Kong in that tournament, and we were completely outclassed by Afghanistan in the final match in Nagpur. So put yourself in my position and the boards.In truth, Zimbabwe have never had a side that won frequently for over a decade now. The difference from one incarnation to the next is generally how competitive they are when they lose, and Whatmores team showed improvement in this regard. Just six out of their 24 defeats were by 100-plus runs or more than five wickets, whereas his two predecessors, Andy Waller and Mangongo, saw their teams lose ten out of 27 ODIs by those margins, and win just six. In the wake oof Whatmores dismissal, the three ODIs against India were all lost by eight or more wickets under interim coach, Makhaya Ntini.ddddddddddddThere was also improvement in the batting during Whatmores tenure. In 2014, only Sikandar Raza scored a century in Zimbabwes 16 ODIs. Under Whatmore, ten hundreds were scored by six different batsmen in 32 ODIs between January 2015 and January 2016.Whatmore accepts that his win-loss record was poor, but also points to the limiting factors. To be smart about it, you look a bit deeper to see what you had to work with. That is paramount. And considering the available talent and the amount of times we had injuries to key players as well, I thought that we did as good a job as we possibly could. The biggest miss there was Brendan Taylor, and then we had a little gem in Graeme Cremer coming back. So one really good player left and one good one came back. If we had both of them, I reckon it would have been a bit different. We might have still had our fair share of losses, but we would have won one or two more.He adds that the defeat to Afghanistan in Bulawayo was not helped by the conditions Zimbabwe delivered. We were giving them tailor-made conditions for the visiting team, he says. I just asked for something thats hard and true. A little bit of spin is all right. Instead, we had subcontinental conditions. And dont forget Graeme Cremer, our No. 1 spinner, was not available. But they dont understand the game.The other major point upon reflection is that the decisions made by the [Mukuhlani] cricket board were taken by the board themselves, rather than going through the proper committees. Theyre making arbitrary decisions, as people sitting around a table who know nothing about the game.Also, youve got to have a structure that has a pathway through which players can perform and then get promoted and then play meaningful competition and get promoted again, and so on. Its non-existent in Zimbabwe. There is no clear pathway. Or no good pathway anyway. Four [franchise] teams? I mean bloody hell. And they play each other twice, so thats six games a year, and thats it. Some players are just playing the odd game a year because theres no second team. Internationals come back into franchise teams and then your franchise guys are just carrying water. It is really a dereliction of duty for the game. Another bugbear for him was the fact that he had no say in the hiring and firing of assistant coaches once Mukuhlani took over. According to Whatmore, Waller was axed as batting coach - despite the batsmens gains - without his input, and Makhaya Ntini and Marvin Atapattu were brought on board. I thought it was disrespectful, he says. Im expected to work with these people and they report to me, but I have no say about who they are.Mukuhlani claims that Whatmores complaint is inconsistent: When he was appointed by the previous administration, Dav Whatmore did not come with backroom staff and he had no issue with that. Now that we are giving him backroom staff, he has an issue with our appointments, I find that very confusing. Thats number one.Number two is that after every series, the technical staff must give their feedback. There was no request from Dav that he would want to appoint his backroom staff. We have a duty - not only a moral one but a constitutional one - to appoint the technical staff. It is within our rights.Whatmore says that he was entitled to the final nine months pay from his contract when he was sacked. Instead he settled for three months, plus leave owing, bonuses owing and reimbursement for flights. I could have sued them but it would have been like another Phil Simmons, he says. Simmons legal wrangle with ZC has stretched for more than a decade following his dismissal as Zimbabwe coach in 2005, when he had two years remaining on his contract.Whatmores dismissal at the end of May meant that Zimbabwe had been through three coaches in two years. They also shuffled through three captains, three selection convenors, two bowling coaches and three batting coaches or consultants between Indias tour in July last year and their visit this June. The main issue is that ZC looks to blame everyone else and never points the finger whilst looking into the mirror, Whatmore says.I think it will end up like Kenya. Cricket will never die because its in the schools and some of the schools take it seriously even if they may not play enough cricket. And it will be exposed on television - there will always be some competition there. But already, players are preferring to go overseas to further their careers. If you really had to predict, I cant see it surviving internationally - particularly if they dont get the same funding. Theyre getting US$8-9 million a year and theyve got a debt of almost $20m. If they get a reduced amount of funding, whats going to happen then? ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz