Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Reden
ruogu1234 Offline

12.11.2019 02:37
the Brewers after attending to a personal Antworten

MILWAUKEE -- The Miller Park roof was open and the wind was blowing out to centre. With a home run-prone pitcher on the mound for the Milwaukee Brewers, the conditions were ripe for the Cincinnati Reds to have a big day at the plate. Billy Hamilton got the slugging started by leading the game off with a home run, and the Reds finished Sunday afternoon with eight runs over the final two innings to send Milwaukee fans to the exits early in a 13-4 victory. Brandon Phillips added a two-run shot in the first inning and Todd Frazier later hit his team-high 15th homer for the Reds. Hamilton connected for the second straight day, off Marco Estrada (5-4). "We know we can do it, but we havent been doing it a lot," Frazier said. "Today, it showed we can do those (kinds) of things and we got a pitcher that we can hit a little bit." The Reds moved back within two games of .500 despite a rocky outing by Mike Leake (4-6), who allowed four runs on nine hits and three walks in five innings. Cincinnati took two of three from the NL Central-leading Brewers. "It was definitely big," manager Bryan Price said. "Were establishing the fact that we can play this team very well." His offence collected some gaudy statistics, including a season-high 19 hits. Among other highlights: --Ten different Reds scored runs. --A career-high three doubles for Ryan Ludwick, who went 4 for 5. --Six players with at least two hits. "Things didnt go right on the mound for us," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. Hot dog wrappers were blowing around the warning track early in the game, a bad sign for Estrada. The right-hander who made mistakes up in the zone has given up a major league-high 23 homers in just 84 innings, with 18 coming since May 1. "Mentally, I felt great. Physically, I felt great. I think I just tried way too hard and thats what happens," Estrada said. "I was rushing stuff, leaving balls up and got hit around. Once that inning was over, I came back in and calmed down." The Reds led 3-0 in the fourth when Milwaukee loaded the bases with two outs on an intentional walk to Jean Segura. Estrada followed with his RBI chopper up the middle and Scooter Gennett then sliced a double the other way down the left-field line to tie it. Milwaukee might have scored even more in the inning had Carlos Gomez not been doubled off first after taking off on Aramis Ramirezs long fly to right tracked down at the warning track by Jay Bruce. Frazier followed with his two-run shot the next inning to put Cincinnati up for good. Hamilton led off the inning with a single and drew a few pickoff throws before Frazier homered on an 0-1 fastball up in the zone. Leake gave up Jonathan Lucroys homer to centre leading off the bottom of the fifth to get the Brewers within 5-4 before the Reds broke it open with five runs in the eighth. Brewers reliever Rob Wooten allowed six straight hits without recording an out and watched his ERA balloon by nearly two runs to 4.98. "I did what I could, but our offence really came around today," Leake said. Lucroy added a double to go 2 for 4 and raised his average to .336. NOTES: Reds LHP Tony Cingrani pitched scoreless two innings in his first relief appearance since getting bumped from the rotation following the return of starter Mat Latos from the disabled list. ... Brewers LHP Tom Gorzelanny tossed a scoreless sixth inning in his season debut after coming off the disabled list Saturday. Gorzelanny had off-season shoulder surgery. ... The Reds have an off-day Monday before starting a series Tuesday in Pittsburgh. ... RHP Wily Peralta (6-5) has returned to the Brewers after attending to a personal matter in his native Dominican Republic. Peralta, who did not miss a start, said he is ready for his next outing Monday in Arizona. Deion Sanders Jersey . John Albert Elway, 24, was booked into jail early Saturday morning after an incident near a college campus in downtown Denver, according to jail records. Ender Inciarte Braves Jersey . -- Zach Johnson is like most players at the World Challenge, not sure whether hes still playing in 2013 or if hes in the middle of the new wraparound season that officially started in October. https://www.cheapbraves.com/ . Solomon Elimimian did not make the trip with the team after suffering what appeared to be a right leg injury in the teams regular season finale against the Calgary Stampeders. Touki Toussaint Jersey .Y. -- It was as if Matt Moulson never left the New York Islanders. Chad Sobotka Braves Jersey . The commissioners office said Friday that Sears tested positive for metabolites of Methandienone. Sears will be 23 in March. He signed with the Braves in June 2013 out of Arizona Christian, an NAIA school, and is on the roster of the rookie-level Gulf Coast League Braves.Following his first start after being traded to the Edmonton Oilers, goaltender Ben Scrivens posted a series of tweets to his verified Twitter account (@scrivens_30) that were critical of a blog that the Edmonton Sun ran on Thursday, along with some of the comments it received. The blog, written by columnist Anthony Vasquez-Peddie (@AVPreports), took aim at selective tweets from Scrivens wifes Twitter account regarding her feelings about the weather in Los Angeles. "The big loser in Wednesdays trade that sent goalie Ben Scrivens from the Los Angeles Kings to the Edmonton Oilers may be Mrs. Scrivens," Vasquez-Peddie wrote. "Ben, who was born in Spruce Grove, is used to crippling Alberta winters. "Based on her Twitter feed, Jenny Scrivens, a native Californian, clearly is not. Jenny couldnt have been happier after her husband was traded to the Kings last off-season after spending three years in Toronto with the Maple Leafs. Now that shes headed back to the Great White North, however, she has to deal with awful things like fall, snow and ice." Vasquez-Peddie pointed out a series of tweets from Jenny Scrivenss Twitter feed first published by The Sporting News. "Exactly!," she tweeted just after the Leafs-Kings trade. "I paid my dues with 3 years in Toronto and 4 in New York. And I will never complain about weather again. Ever." Scrivens, who was acquired in a deal from the Los Angeles Kings on Wednesday, was quick to defend his wife with his own response on social media.dddddddddddd "Hey @AVPreports, classy move writing a slam story by cherry-picking tweets my wife sent to make it seem like she doesnt like Edmonton," he wrote. "Youre gutless. And to those of you who commented on the article or tweeted at her about how shes lazy (even though shes not in Edmonton now because she has a fulltime job in LA she cant just up and leave) or that she married rich (even though we got married while I was playing in the AHL) or that shes dumb (shes an Ivy League and graduate school grad), just know Im embarrassed that you are an Edmontonian. "Way to make my family feel welcome." Vasquez-Peddie responded to Ben Scrivenss tweets later in the evening, explaining it was just a tongue-in-cheek feature. "A few things first," he wrote. "1) The blog was not an attack on Jenny Scrivens. She wrote tweets about how happy she was in L.A., in particular ... How much she enjoyed the weather as compared to Toronto. "Now that her husband is moving to Edmonton, shell be forced to experience...Bad weather again. Complaining about the weather is something everybody does. The way she did in the first tweet shown in the blog...Was something many people poked fun at. Sort of an Uh oh, here we go again moment. The idea of the blog was based on that. Is it gossipy clickbait? Absolutely, and thats how it was sold. We have plenty of beat writers for analysis, I wanted to provide levity." ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz