Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Spiel
mary123 Offline

05.11.2019 09:09
any of the records, Cressler said. Antworten

SALT LAKE CITY -- Troy Williams was one of the most anticipated incoming recruits in recent Utah history.The Utes passing game had consistently been one of the worst in the Pac-12 since they joined the league in 2011 and Williams was transferring in after being rated the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback in the nation by Rivals after his senior year of high school.The junior started every game in 2016 with mixed results. Utah finished No. 9 in the Pac-12 with 216.9 passing yards per game and major red zone issues that left them ranked No. 115 in the nation in scoring percentage. But the former Washington signee also led Utah to a 7-1 start and was putting them in position to win the Pac-12 South before a 1/3 finish dashed those hopes.Williams was a leader from the moment he stepped on campus, was named a captain and was routinely the last player off the practice field. He wants to finish the season strong with a win over Indiana (6-6) in the Foster Farms Bowl on Dec. 28, but he also has an eye on 2017.Of course next year is in the back of my head, Williams said. Im thinking about it day-in and day-out. I just want to take care of business first and get a win. For next year, make sure I go all out in everything I do and just have a lot better year than I did this year.Coach Kyle Whittingham thought it took three or four games before Williams truly settled in. He threw three interceptions in a one-point win against BYU and another against San Jose State in the last two nonconference games. But he had just three more the rest of the season. Williams finished the regular season with 2,579 yards -- the No. 12 best single season in school history -- 15 touchdowns and a 53.4 completion percentage.Stopped trying to do too much, trying to make plays when there wasnt one there to be made, Whittingham said about Williams progress. Better decisions. Took better care of the ball. So we just think that he got better as the season went along. Hes a good athlete and a good quarterback. We think hes going to continue to trend upward in a positive direction.There was one facet of Williams game that was missing most of the season -- the run game. He was mobile in the pocket and created time by slipping out of the pocket, but he rarely looked to run -- even if the opportunity seemed to be there. That was expected to be a significant part of his skill-set.Williams explained that he sprained his MCL against USC in Week 4 and was never the same. Minimizing risk to remain on the field became a priority with freshman Tyler Huntley being the only other quarterback on the roster.I was just trying to stay to my progressions as much as I could, Williams said. I feel like I could have run a lot more. My knee, it really wasnt a big issue. I probably lost a little bit of explosiveness. Im not making any excuses. I probably should have run the ball a lot more. Thats just my main focus on what I should improve on going into next year.Williams path has been winding and next year is expected be his last. Things didnt work out at Washington after Chris Petersen was hired and he was humbled by playing for a year at Santa Monica College without a scholarship. He gained more confidence as the season progressed, but the Utes pass-catchers were unspectacular outside of oft-injured senior Tim Patrick.The desire to make an impression on the NFL will be present and hell have to improve his accuracy and red-zone decisions. And, again, there will hope from Utah fans for an offense that is a true threat in what Whittingham likes to call the throw game.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 Yeezy China . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Discount Yeezy Store . -- About a third of the way through the regular season, the Washington Wizards are at . https://www.yeezychina.us/ . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Wholesale Yeezy China . LOUIS -- Attorneys for the St. Clearance Yeezy For Sale . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Memorial Gym has seen a lot of 3-pointers during the last 30 years, but never a night like this.Vanderbilt broke a school record with 19 3-pointers and combined with High Point for a school record 31 3-pointers in a 90-63 win over the Panthers on Tuesday night.Vanderbilt (5-4) made 19 of 32 from 3-point range. The old school record was 18 3-pointers in an 88-63 win at Tennessee in 2005.High Point (4-5) went 12 for 15 from beyond the arc.I thought it was a tremendous shooting display by both teams and I dont know if thats because both teams were just really, really good shooters or there were a lot of breakdowns on the defensive end tonight, Commodores coach Bryce Drew said. I think a lot of credit tonight with them making shots was the unselfishness. We had 23 assists on 29 field goals.Vanderbilt, the SECs top 3-point shooting team, has made a 3-pointer in all 973 of its games since the inception of the 3-point line in 1986. Only UNLV has a longer streak in Division I basketball.Matthew Fisher-Davis led the Commodores 19 points, including four 3-pointers.Riley LaChance tied the record with a 3-pointer from the top of the key with 7 minutes left and Joe Toyes 3-pointer from the corner with 1:26 left broke the record. LaChance scored 14 points, including four 3s.I think guys were doing a good job of getting other guys open, LaChance said. We had a lot of good looks from 3.Vanderbilts Jeff Roberson scored 14 points, including four 3-pointers, Payton Willis added 13 points with three 3-pointers and Nolan Cressler scored 10.We werent aware of any of the records, Cressler said. We were just kind of out there playing. Me and Riley were on the bench and the announcer said something about new Vanderbilt record, 19 3s or whatever. So its kind of cool to be in the record books.LaChance entered the game wiith the Southeastern Conferences second-leading 3-point percentage (67.dddddddddddd).Theyre a pretty elite 3-point shooting team, Panthers coach Scott Cherry said. They move the ball around and stretch the floor. At one point they had five guards out there and we dont have good length on the perimeter.Miles Bowman Jr. led High Point with 22 points, Jamal Wright had 12 and Anthony Lindauer added 11.Bowman scored High Points first 10 points, leading the Panthers to a 13-6 advantage early in the first half. Vanderbilt answered with an 11-0 run to take a 17-13 lead.Just seeing the ball go through the hoop like that constantly and consistently doesnt give you much of a chance to rebound, Bowman said. And you dont get a chance to run the ball in transition. It was kind of crazy.The Commodores made 12 of their first 19 shots from 3-point range to take a 50-42 halftime lead. High Point was nearly as good, hitting eight of its first nine.Vanderbilt improved to 13-0 against the Big South Conference.BIG PICTUREHigh Point: The Panthers 3-point shooters were almost as productive as the Commodores, but Vanderbilt pulled away in the second half.Vanderbilt: The Commodores 3-point shooting is as good as it gets, but theyre still searching for consistency in their overall game.PANTHER DROUGHTHigh Point went over 13 minutes without a basket in the second half, turning an 11-point deficit into a 30-poiint gap. Vanderbilt scored 33 points off turnovers in the game. Thats been the story of our season, Cherry said. Dead spots like that. We go stretches without scoring.UP NEXTHigh Point hosts Ferrum on Sunday to start a two-game home stand.Vanderbilt visits Middle Tennessee on Thursday before a nine-day break. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz