Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 57 mal aufgerufen
 Freizeit
mary123 Offline

23.03.2019 04:26
passes in Super Bowl XXI. He Antworten

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee coach Mike Mularkey and his staff enjoyed a very rare start Monday to the work week with the Titans: The franchises first winning streak in more than two seasons.That made looking at mistakes from a 28-26 victory over winless Cleveland much easier coming off a second straight win, the Titans first back-to-back victories since the end of the 2013 season.Mularkey, however, made it clear the Titans (3-3) still have room to improve before earning a Victory Monday and a day off from meetings.The one thing you lose when you do that, you lose the ability to teach off that tape, Mularkey said. You dont have the time because youre already into the next opponent on Wednesday. It was important we came in here (Monday), and theres some things we definitely could have done better ... Again, weve got work to do.Still, the Titans took a moment to enjoy their first home win this season along with a winning streak after posting just three victories all of 2015.I feel great, defensive tackle Jurrell Casey said. Definitely could get used to this. Definitely everybody loves winning.With all that the Titans crossed off their to-do list beating the Browns, their next opponent offers the chance at ending another streak of futility and taking a step back to a winning record.The Indianapolis Colts (2-4) may be struggling after a 26-23 overtime loss at Houston, but they have beaten the Titans nine straight games and 14 of the last 15 in a very lopsided AFC South rivalry. Caseys lone win against Indianapolis came during his rookie season, 27-10 in Nashville on Oct. 27, 2011.He and the other Titans are definitely eager to try to end yet another skid.Moving forward to these next couple weeks, weve got two divisional opponents, Casey said. Were definitely looking to take this victory and run with it.Had the Colts held onto the lead, the Titans wouldve found themselves tied for first in the AFC South with Houston. Instead, the Titans must take care of their own divisional game with the Colts on Sunday and wait to see what Houston manages in Denver. The Titans wrap up their three-game home stand hosting Jacksonville (2-3) on Oct. 27 in a prime-time game.Really out of our control what else goes on around the league other than what we have to do on Sunday, Mularkey said.The Titans are doing some things very well. DeMarco Murray, despite being the focus of the Cleveland defense, ranks third in the NFL with 526 yards rushing. That has Tennessee third in rushing as a team.Brian Orakpo is third in the NFL with seven sacks, matching his total for all last season. The Titans have had six sacks in each of their past two games and now have 18 tied with Arizona for fourth in the NFL behind Denver (21), Buffalo (20) and Minnesota (19).One immediate result of winning at home is the Titans gave their fans a reason to stick around until the game ended after hearing opposing fans cheering loudly for Minnesota and Oakland in September. Casey credited fans with forcing two penalties by the Browns, the kind of vocal support Tennessee has lacked after winning only five games combined the past two seasons.You get a crowd behind you it changes the outlook of a game, Casey said. It makes you feel like youre playing a straight professional football game and not just out there playing around.Game notes Mularkey said NT Al Woods (calf) and CB Cody Riggs (hamstring) should play against the Colts. Woods missed the last two games and Riggs the past three.---Online:AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Teresa M. Walker at www.twitter.com/teresamwalker Wholesale NFL Jerseys China . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. Discount Nike NFL Jerseys . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. http://www.discountjerseysnfl.com/ . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. China NFL Jerseys . It says Pocklingtons lawyer filed the appeal Friday in a California court. CTV Edmonton also says Pocklington gave a $100,000 cash deposit as part of the conditions of his bail, and that he will be out on bail until his appeal is heard. NFL Jerseys China . He just needed to be his best twisting, turning acrobatic self. "I didnt need to be anybody else, I just needed to be myself and be aggressive," said Burks, who scored a career-high 34 points to spark the Utah Jazz to a 118-103 victory over the Denver Nuggets on Monday night. Every championship season has a turning point. For the 1986 New York Giants it happened in Minnesota. It happened when a quarterback found his confidence. It happened when a crack-addicted wide receiver made a catch and converted a late-game fourth down and forever. From his new book, Big Blue Wrecking Crew: Smashmouth Football, A Little Bit of Crazy, and the 86 Super Bowl Champs, Jerry Barca tells the story of the men of this moment.On an autumn Sunday night in northern New Jersey, Phil Simms sat at his kitchen table and didnt say anything. His wife had made a big meal. She always cooked after games. The Giants had beaten the Cowboys 17-14 that day, but the couple sat in silence.The Dallas game was as bad as it ever got. We won the game, but, my God. I was shot. Just shot. I couldnt concentrate on the plays because I couldnt trust the players. I didnt trust the receivers.Simms had posted a 22.2 quarterback rating. It was -- and always would be -- the worst rating in his 164-game career.The Giants beat the Eagles 17-14 in Philadelphia the next week. Simms didnt fare much better than the week before. Receivers dropped fives of his passes. He threw two interceptions and posted a 29.6 passer rating, completing 8 of 18 attempts for 130 yards.Even though we won and were 8-2, I couldnt have cared less. It felt like we were 2-8.Giants head coach Bill Parcells could see Simmss confidence was shaken. Parcells called the quarterback into his office. Youve got your team in first place, he said. I just want you to go out there and be aggressive. Take chances, and lets try to win this thing.Late in the day, when only a few people were still at the Giants facility, Bill Belichick, the teams defensive coordinator, went out of his way to stop Simms in the hallway outside the locker room. Belichick told Simms he saw the quarterback putting work in every day. Youre a really good player. I have great faith in you. Just do your job.The Giants headed to Minnesota to play a 6-4 Vikings team that was eyeing a playoff berth.From the Giants first possession of the game, Simms looked different. He moved with fluidity in the pocket. Stepping up in the face of pressure, he took hits and delivered passes. He completed 11 of 15 throws in the first half for 173 yards. He even rushed for 16 yards on two carries.Up 9-6 with 55 seconds left in the half and the ball at their own 22-yard line, the Giants and Simms stayed aggressive. Simms completed three straight passes and pushed the hurry-up offense, running up to the Vikings 37-yard line. Same play! Same play! he yelled amid the din of the Metrodome.Left tackle Brad Benson took this to mean the ball would be snapped on the second sound, just as it had been on the play before. As Simms came to the line of scrimmage, he yelled, Same play! again and Benson moved, drawing a false start penalty.When the refs marched off the penalty, Parcells started screaming at Benson, F--- you. And Benson gave it back to him. The penalty forced kicker Raul Allegre into a 60-yard field goal attempt, which he missed as time ran out in the half.Parcells and Benson had to be separated at halftime. Benson stood in the showers, away from the head coach and out of the offensive meeting.Down 20-19 with 1:12 to play, Simms took a sack on third down and eight. The Giants called timeout to discuss their options on 4th and 17 from their own 48-yard line. They picked: Half Right W-Motion 74 X In.I was just supposed to run like a clear out, said wide receiver Bobby Johnson. I actually wasnt in the play.As the offense broke the huddle, Simms told Johnson to be alert. He might have to throw to him late.The crowd noise forced Simms under center. Simms dropped back. He looked left. Nothing. He scanned the middle of the field. Nothing. The Vikings rushed three, running a stunt with nose tackle Mike Stensrud looping outside on a bull-rush. Stensrud hit Simms just as the quarterback released the ball to the right.The ball spiraled toward the sideline. Twenty-two yards down field, Johnson had found an open spot and made the catch at the Vikings 30-yard line.The Metrodome fell quiet. Johnsoon didnt offer any big celebration.dddddddddddd He clapped his hands together as he jogged back to the huddle.By now, Johnson, a third-year undrafted free agent out of Kansas, had become a full-fledged crack addict.Sometime early in the offseason, Johnson had a teammate and couple of women to his apartment in Hackensack, N.J. One of the women brought some cocaine.She combined it with water and baking soda and boiled the mixture in a spoon. Rocks emerged. She had made crack cocaine. You have to try this, she said, looking at Johnson. She lit the pipe, and Johnson took a hit.It was just overwhelmingly good, he said.He thought he was mentally strong enough. He thought hed do this a couple of times and be done with it. But it dont work like that.By the time the season started, it had gotten to the point where crack was the first thing he needed after practice and the last thing he needed to do before he went to sleep.A few plays after Johnsons fourth-down catch, Allegre hit a 33-yard field goal with 12 seconds to play. The Giants won 22-20.We wouldnt say it aloud. We wouldnt say it in public, but it was almost like divine intervention from that point on. We knew that we were destined to win, said defensive end George Martin.After the game, in a whooping and cheering locker room, Parcells touted his quarterback to the media. He even kissed Simms on the cheek.It was like the only endorsement he gave me in his whole career. He never did that, Simms said.Simms finished the day with 310 yards passing, connecting on 25 of 38 attempts. He threw two interceptions in the game, but he didnt let the miscues dull his confidence. Lets go out there and fight them again. It was a very physical game. I took some hellacious hits in the game, and its just the way I wanted to play. Thats who I wanted to be every week.Later that season, Simms completed 22 of 25 passes in Super Bowl XXI. He won the games MVP and he still holds the Super Bowl record for completion percentage, but the game at Minnesota ranks higher for him.Its my favorite game in my career, not because of the fourth and 17, but because I played the way I really wanted to play.While boarding the plane from Minnesota back to New Jersey, Brad Benson and Parcells exchanged glares. Benson sat in the back, drinking a beer with Simms. A trainer interrupted them to let Benson know Parcells wanted to see him. Simms offered Benson some luck as the left tackle walked up to the front.Parcells greeted Benson with, Sit down. Want a drink?No. Im all right, said Benson, thinking he didnt want to stay that long.Listen, I was a little rough today. Im willing to say Im sorry, Parcells said.Well, Im sorry, too.You know youre one of my guys. Youre one of my lunch pail guys.They spoke for 10 minutes. Benson did take a seat. He felt like it was a great pep talk from his coach.Were okay, right? Parcells asked, closing up the chat.Were okay.Benson stood up to leave. Parcells took his hand. Oh, one more thing. You ever jump offsides like that in a crucial situation, Ill cut your ass.As time ran out in the Giants 39-20 Super Bowl XXI win over the Denver Broncos, Bobby Johnson cried. He knew his time was up with the Giants. No one had said anything to him, but they didnt need to. He knew his drug-fueled behavior would no longer be tolerated. Johnson never played another down in the NFL.After football ended, his drug use worsened. He became homeless. He slept on park benches. In June 1994, the man who caught the most important pass in the Giants 1986 season lost three fingers on his right hand in a work accident at a pencil factory. A couple of years after that, he walked into his mothers home in Smyrna, Tennessee. Son, you look terrible. You look terrible, she said, and she started crying.Johnson never went to rehab, but he ended his drug use after that visit. He has been sober since. He doesnt look back at his time in the NFL with any bitterness. He loves the Giants and Parcells. He calls it a happy ending because Im alive. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz