Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Games
mary123 Offline

16.10.2019 08:25
mbination, the Razorbacks didnt secure Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Even for a sprinter, a subset of runners renowned for being some of the most high-strung, smack-talking, rawhide-tough athletes in the world, Elaine Thompson has a reputation for being especially headstrong. Stories abound of how petulance almost ended her career in her native Jamaica before it started.Still, she did come to Rio with the fastest time in the world this year. But now her most urgent problem as she tore down the track in Saturdays 100-meter final was her veteran countrywoman Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce running to her far right, determinedly chasing the sort of history even Usain Bolt hasnt captured just yet. And Tori Bowie, the American running right beside her, who has the speed to run her down, as well.Yet, as they strained the last couple of meters to the finish line, the growing daylight between Thompson and Bowie was emblematic of how much Olympic sprinting has changed.Jamaica is once again the home to the fastest woman in the world, extending Americas drought in this Olympic event it once owned to 20 years, and counting.This time it was Thompson, a comparative newcomer to the event, who reasserted Jamaicas place atop the sprinting world as she powered to victory in 10.71 seconds, finishing a good two feet ahead of Bowie (10.83) and the highly respected Fraser-Pryce (10.86), who ran a season best but missed becoming the first sprinter to win the gold medal in three consecutive Olympics, a distinction Bolt will try to complete on the same track on Sunday night.It was my time in 2008, and its Elaines time now, Fraser-Pryce said.The U.S. still hasnt won gold in the 100 since Gail Devers captured it at the 1996 Atlanta Games. (Though Marion Jones won in 2000, she was later stripped of her medal after confessing to doping violations.) The sight of Florence Griffith-Joyners name flashing up on the Olympic Stadium scoreboard because her astonishing 1988 world record of 10.49 in the 100 still stands was another reminder of just how much things have changed.For Bowie, her silver medal was a nice rebound from her finish at the U.S. Olympic Trials last month behind English Gardner (who blamed physical issues for her seventh-place finish in Saturdays final in 10.93). Much like Thompson, Bowie hasnt run the 100 for very long, and she didnt have the easiest path getting here. As a child, Bowie spent some time in foster care before she was raised by her maternal grandmother, Bobbie Smith, in rural Mississippi. And she has talked a lot about the sacrifices her grandmother -- who chose not to travel to Rio -- made to keep her expanded family together.Oh yeah, shes watching -- and shes probably crying right now, Bowie said with a smile.Bowie is also a former long jumper who didnt decide to concentrate on the 100 and 200 until just two years ago. Sometimes, she feels her inexperience shows.I came here for one thing -- I came determined to leave with a gold medal, and I didnt do that today, said Bowie, who has another chance in the 200 and the relays. Im excited ... [but] I feel like next time [the Olympics arrive], Ill be a real professional at it.Thompson had a lot to learn about being a world-class pro, too. Shes a late-blooming talent who didnt even run her senior year of high school because she was kicked off the team for disciplinary reasons. The victory continued an upward career arc that she credits to a tough-love talk from renowned Jamaican club coach Stephen Francis last year. Francis did most of the talking. Thompson did most of the listening. Francis, whose brother Paul coached Thompson as a collegian, told her she had talent, but it wasnt enough. She had to get serious about the sport. And she finally listened.She is still saucy but getting there, Paul later told the Jamaican press. Sometimes she is misunderstood because she has a very sharp tongue.That talk changed my life, Thompson admitted Saturday night.The other thing that helped Thompson was training day after day with Fraser-Pryce, an accomplished woman who is as professional and serious-minded as Thompson was raw and petulant.A lot of people have tried to explain how Jamaica is able to reliably kick out great sprinters. The tiny island nation has just 2.8 million people; it seems like only 2.799 million of them are sprinters. In recent years, thanks to a tradition first established by the likes of Merlene Ottey and continued by Bolt and Fraser-Pryce, Jamaica has dominated the world-best time lists and medal podiums through four Olympics.Some people credit the countrys grassroots love of the sport and point to examples like the 30,000 or so people that jam in each year to watch the eagerly awaited Champs, the islands high school championships. Others say that seeing so many of their Jamaican countrymen and women excel in sprinting makes up-and-coming kids believe they can, too. A frequent saying in Jamaica now is its the only nation in the world where track is the national sport.Thompson was one such kid. She was only 16 when Fraser-Pryce starting minting her legend with her first gold in the 100 at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.She watched as Fraser-Pryce went on to match Bolts feat of winning gold medals in the 100, 200 and 4x100 relay at the 2012 London Games. She has seen how since then, in addition to staying at the top of her sprinting game, the 29-year-old Fraser-Pryce somehow finished a degree in child and adolescent development and shes going to start work toward a masters degree next month. She runs a hair salon, which will be believable to anyone who saw the gradient yellow-to-green hairstyle she was rocking Saturday night. (There should be a warning label on her bib: Do not try this at home.)Shes also so deeply respected that the entire Jamaican Olympic team voted to have her carry the flag last weekend in Rios opening ceremony.If not for the painful left toe injury that hampered Fraser-Pryce all year, she almost certainly wouldve given Thompson an even sterner test in the final. Even Thompson suggested that afterward. Asked some weeks ago to describe the pain, Fraser-Pryce called it an 8 on a scale of 1-10. The foot still hurts her so much, she burst into tears right after winning her semifinal heat earlier Saturday night.I cried because [the pain] was unbearable, Fraser-Pryce said. But I knew I had just one race to go tonight. And I just wanted the chance to defend my championships. I hate talking about pain, hate talking about my toe; I hate all of that because its part of athletics. And I would never want to take someones shine. But to be able to stand on the podium with Elaine is a wonderful feeling.The bronze medal was Fraser-Pryces lowest 100-meter finish in three Olympics. Yet again and again she said, Im happy, because of all shed been through.Im really happy for her. Im happy Jamaica gets the gold medal. Im happy we get to keep the gold medal, Fraser-Pryce explained.Thompson could keep it that way for a while. Luke Kennard Pistons Jersey . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. Tony Snell Pistons Jersey . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. https://www.pistonsrookiesshop.com/Reggie-Bullock-City-Edition-Jersey/ . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. Ben Wallace Jersey . Catch all the action on TSN2 at 11pm et/8pm pt. The nine-time Big 12 champion Jayhawks are positioning themselves for another title, as they have run out to a flawless 6-0 mark in conference play thus far. Deividas Sirvydis Jersey . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Bret Bielema did his best to remind anyone who was listening throughout the week that Arkansas only losses this season were to No. 1 Alabama and No. 6 Texas A&M.That included the No. 22 Razorbacks, who clearly took their coachs message to heart in a 34-30 win over No. 12 Mississippi on Saturday night.The win didnt have quite the suspense of Arkansas (5-2, 1-2 Southeastern Conference) thrilling overtime win over the Rebels (3-3, 1-2) a year ago, but it was every bit as important -- especially following a deflating 49-30 loss at home to the Crimson Tide a week ago.I told the guys, `Lets do whatever we have to do to protect this house, Bielema said. They never wavered and needed help from the crowd, and they delivered.Austin Allen was at his usual best on Saturday night, completing 19 of 32 passes for 228 yards and three touchdowns. The junior now has an SEC-best 18 touchdown passes for the season, and he had plenty of help in the form of Rawleigh Williams career-best 180 rushing yards on 27 carries.Despite the dynamic run-pass combination, the Razorbacks didnt secure the win until Jared Cornelius 6-yard touchdown scamper on second-and-goal late in the fourth quarter.The offensive line kind of stretched, the defense jumped to the outside, I stuck my foot in the ground and the hole opened up like the Red Sea, Cornelius said.The win was the third in a row for the Razorbacks over Ole Miss, which has now lost three of its first six games a season after winning the Sugar Bowl.Chad Kelly accounted for 342 yards of total offense for the Rebels, throwing for 253 yards and rushing for 89 more. The senior also threw for a touchdown and ran for two more, but he fumbled while scrambling on a fourth-and-16 to put an end to Ole Miss two-game winningg streak.ddddddddddddEvan Engram led the Rebels with seven catches for 111 yards and a touchdown.The two teams entered Saturday with the two most efficient quarterbacks in the SEC, and neither Kelly nor Allen disappointed. The duo combined for 571 yards of total offense.It was Cornelius, however, who had the final say with his 6-yard touchdown run with 2:20 remaining.Were in the games and competing, Rebels coach Hugh Freeze said. Weve got to see the big picture, even though its hard to right now, sitting here.THE TAKEAWAYOle Miss: The Rebels entered the game 102nd in the country in total defense, allowing 449.4 yards per game. They once again struggled on Saturday by allowing 429 total yards to Arkansas, a number that was more than 450 before the Razorbacks purposely took several large losses while running out the clock on the games final drive.Arkansas: The Razorbacks still have offensive line concerns after allowing three more sacks of Allen, but they moved the ball consistently through the air and on the ground. That gives them renewed hope with only SEC games left on the schedule this season.POLL IMPLICATIONSArkansas was in danger of falling out of the rankings, but now its likely to once again push its way into the top 20 , perhaps even surpassing the Rebels. The Razorbacks only losses this season are to No. 1 Alabama and No. 6 Texas A&M.UP NEXTOle Miss: The Rebels are on the road for the second straight week, traveling to Baton Rouge to face LSU.Arkansas: The Razorbacks play for the eighth straight week to open the season, traveling to No. 23 Auburn next week.---More AP college football: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz