Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

22.03.2019 07:53
divide within LSUs athletic department led Antworten

NEW YORK -- A look at Sundays play, the final day of the $46.3 million U.S. Open tennis championships:WEATHER: Mix of sun and clouds with less humidity. High of 82.ATTENDANCE: 25,051.RESULTS: Mens Singles Final: Stan Wawrinka won his third Grand Slam title, beating 12-time Grand Slam champion Novak Djokovic 6-7 (1), 6-4, 7-5, 6-3. Wawrinka also won titles at the Australian Open in 2014 and French Open last year. Djokovic lost a major final for the ninth time in 21 matches. Womens Doubles Final: No. 12 Bethanie Mattek-Sands and Lucie Safarova won their third Grand Slam title, rallying to beat the top-seeded French team of Caroline Garcia and Kristina Mladenovic 2-6, 7-6 (5), 6-4.STAT OF THE DAY: 17 -- Break point opportunities for Novak Djokovic, of which he converted only three.QUOTE OF THE DAY: I think I played quite a lot of tennis these two weeks. I am completely empty. -- Stan WawrinkaON THIS DATE (Sept. 11, 1977): Guillermo Vilas beat Jimmy Connors 2-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4), 6-0 to win the mens singles title in the last U.S. Open match played at the West Side Tennis Club in Forest Hills. Cheap Vikings Jerseys Authentic .H. -- Matt Kenseth made it 2 for 2 in the Chase, holding off teammate Kyle Busch to win Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Wholesale Vikings JerseysA . 1 position. The Mustangs (6-0), who beat Queens 50-31 last weekend, earned 17 first-place votes and 287 points in voting by the Football Reporters of Canada. Western was last ranked first in the country in October 2011. http://www.cheapvikingsjerseysauthentic.com/ . -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Ahmad Brooks was fined $15,570 by the NFL on Wednesday for his hit on Saints quarterback Drew Brees last Sunday. Les Miles plans to coach football again.The former LSU coach, who was fired Sunday after his team got off to a disappointing 2-2 start, made that clear Monday on Dan Patricks radio show in Miles first public comments since his dismissal.I dont golf, Miles told Patrick. I play no tennis. I enjoy shooting the gun; I dont necessarily like to point it at animals. I play cards, not very well. But what I have done for probably 12 to 14 hours a day for the last number of years is coach football. So I would have a difficult time not being involved in the game and not being a coach.Miles boasts the highest winning percentage in modern-day LSU history (.770) and sits second on the schools all-time wins list with a record of 114-34. In his 11-plus seasons in the SEC, Miles teams claimed a 2007 BCS championship, played for another national title in 2011 and won three conference titles.However, the program has not lived up to its lofty expectations in recent years. The 2016 squad was a preseason top-10 team, but LSU fell out of the national polls after Saturdays 18-13 loss to Auburn dropped the Tigers to 2-2.Miles, who will turn 63 in November, said LSU athletic director Joe Alleva informed him of his firing at a face-to-face meeting Sunday. Miles said he did not fight the decision to end his LSU run in its 12th season.It was beyond fighting, Miles said. The enjoyment of being here, the enjoyment of the community, the experiences that my familys had, its too important to me to fight over. Its history. Its what we are. If they see that a change makes the Tigers better, then I am for them.Although Miles said a cultural divide within LSUs athletic department led to his exit -- school power brokers almost fired him in November in a highly public tug-of-war -- he thanked Alleva for the opportunity to address the Tigers at a team meeting Sunday.I recognize in those decisions so many times, you can see where its not necessary that the ex-head coach says goodbye, Miles said. But they gave me that opportunity, and I took advantage of it and did not stay long, but wished them well. They deserve the bestt.dddddddddddd I think Ed Orgeron will do a great job for them, and I exited about as fast as I could.Meanwhile, at his introductory news conference on Monday, Orgeron vowed to tweak the program in several ways -- most notably an offense that was bogged down in recent years under Miles and departed offensive coordinator Cam Cameron.Were going to spread the ball out a little bit, do some different things, change the style of play, Orgeron said. Theres a lot of things on offense that weve done well running the football. We want to have a different passing game, we want to be more creative, find ways for the quarterback to get the ball down the field throwing it.Obviously we know that people load up the box on Leonard [Fournette] and Derrius Guice, Orgeron continued. We want to put the ball in our playmakers hands. We want to make short, easy throws for the quarterback and move the ball down the field, score points. Youve got to score points in our business.Miles has been in coaching since 1980, when he became a graduate assistant at his alma mater, Michigan. His weekends have been consumed with football ever since, with assistant coaching stops at Colorado, Michigan, Oklahoma State and with the Dallas Cowboys, and head-coaching stints at Oklahoma State (2001-04) and LSU (2005-16).This will be Miles first unscheduled fall weekend off in decades, and he said he isnt sure what he will do. His oldest son, Manny, is a walk-on quarterback at North Carolina, and Miles suggested he might make an impromptu trip to see the Tar Heels visit Florida State on Saturday.I think Ill see if my son can arrange a ticket, Miles said. I can tell you one thing, Im going to be rooting for the LSU Tigers, Im going to be rooting for the Tar Heels, Im going to be rooting for the Cowboys, and Im going to be rooting for Michigan.And then when Ben [his youngest son, a Nebraska commit] ends up at the school that hes committed to, then Im going to root for them. Its just the way it is. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz