Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Reden
mary123 Offline

09.10.2019 08:29
His leadership has really blossomed big time, Antworten

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Carmelo Anthony took aim and shot to the top of U.S. basketball history.Anthony scored 31 points -- and the Americans needed every one of them -- as the overwhelming gold-medal favorites in the Rio Games outlasted Australia 98-88 on Wednesday night.The first American male basketball player to appear in four Olympics, Anthony also passed LeBron James as the most prolific scorer to ever wear a USA jersey. Anthony opened the game by making three 3-pointers and then moved past James, his close friend, with another 3 from the left wing with 1:08 left in the first quarter.Of course I was conscious of it, Anthony said of the scoring mark. My teammates was making sure I was aware of the situation, but tonight was one of those nights where I wanted to let the game come to me and take the shots that was given to me, take the open shots and kind of play basketball.And at the end of the day I was in my zone, I was playing basketball.Anthony knocked down nine 3-pointers -- one shy of his U.S. record -- and finished 11 of 21 from the field. He added eight rebounds, two steals and may have saved the Americans from a loss by scoring 14 points in the fourth quarter.Carmelo was magnificent, said U.S. coach Mike Krzyzewski.Anthony has scored 293 points in Olympic competition, 20 more than James, who skipped a chance to play in his fourth games after leading the Cleveland Cavaliers to an NBA title this season. David Robinson (270) is third on the scoring list followed by Michael Jordan (256) and Charles Barkley (231).For comparisons sake, Brazilian legend Oscar Schmidt scored 1,093 points during his Olympic career, but unlike Anthony, he didnt have his minutes restricted while playing on powerhouse teams.Anthony was delayed in attending his postgame news conference, and when he arrived wearing a white USA baseball cap adorned with the five Olympic rings, Krzyzewski congratulated the New York Knicks star on his accomplishment.We have had great, great players and great teams play for the United States, Krzyzewski said. His commitment to USA Basketball and international basketball, hes one of the best players in the world, but over this last decade he has proved to be one of the best international players.Although James and some other NBA stars passed on a chance to play in Brazil, Anthony signed up again and is making the most of what will undoubtedly be his final games.He was wanting that moment, teammate Paul George said after the Americans escaped an upset. He was special tonight. We joke about it, this being his farewell tour.Anthonys Olympic odyssey began with a disappointing performance in Athens, where the Americans staggered to a bronze medal and worldwide embarrassment. But hes been a major part of the U.S. programs resurgence.His leadership has really blossomed big time, said Jerry Colangelo, USA Basketballs director. I would say if Carmelo played on any team long enough he would be the leading scorer, thats the kind of scorer that he is. Drazen Petrovic Jersey . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. Rodions Kurucs Jersey . -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. https://www.netsrookiesshop.com/ . -- Jacksonville wide receiver Cecil Shorts will likely be a game-time decision whether hell play Sunday in the Jaguars home game against the San Diego Chargers. Rodions Kurucs Nets Jersey . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. Garrett Temple Nets Jersey . LOUIS -- Theres no telling how these wacky World Series games will end. DETROIT -- Tigers hitting coach Wally Joyner is not returning in 2017.The Tigers say Joyner is leaving to pursue other opportunities in baseball, and that assistant hitting coach David Newhans status for next year will be determined once Detroit has hired a new hitting coach.Bullpen coach Mick Billmeyer, third base coach Dave Clark, pitching coach Rich Dubee, bench coach Gene LLamont, defensive coordinator Matt Martin and first base coach Omar Vizquel are all returning in 2017.dddddddddddd Detroit announced manager Brad Ausmus would return for 2017 on Wednesday.Joyner was the teams hitting coach for the past three seasons. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz