Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

08.10.2019 09:12
after Orkhon Purevdorj of Mongolia s Antworten

LAKEWOOD RANCH, Fla.?-- Mason Cox made a name for himself in the AFL this season, and hes aiming for bigger and better results in 2017.The 25-year-old Collingwood big man acquitted himself well in his rookie AFL campaign, kicking 17 goals in 11 games for the Magpies. Cox ranks among the first Americans to play in the AFL, and at a height of 211 cm, hes the tallest player in the league history, just ahead of Fremantles Aaron Sandilands.Cox impressed in his debut at the annual Anzac Day clash against Essendon, kicking the first goal of the match in front of more than 85,000 fans. The former college basketball player from Oklahoma State also booted four goals in a later game against Brisbane.ESPN Australia caught up with Cox for a Q&A session this past weekend at the USAFL national tournament in Florida. Heres what transpired:How do you assess your debut AFL season? It was pretty good. In general, I think it was probably better than most people would expect. Im pretty hard on myself, [but] I try to take the ups and downs together and just make the best from it. Im definitely looking forward to next year and having a bit more of an impact and being a bit more consistent as far as games go. Toward the end of the season, I had a few injuries that split me out of the squad for a bit. Hopefully Ill be healthy the whole year and be able to give all I can to the team.You battled some injuries during the season. How is your health? My health is pretty good. I had hip surgery at the end of the year, pretty much the day after we were done. I cant really do a ton of running on it for another five or six weeks. So Ive been doing upper body [work]. For a guy who likes to go run and clear my mind, its a bit frustrating. Its a bit sore at times, but Ive just got to rest it until it heals completely. ... I [also] had shoulder surgery last year, and thats all healed up and feeling good, so hopefully by the time the season starts Ill be 100 percent again.What have you been advised to work on this offseason? Really just stay in shape. Obviously kick the footy around as much I can, although I cant do a ton of it with the hip. Just get more volume into it at this point to be able to get through a whole game and not be tired and [show up] to preseason well. We have skinnies, where we have to be under a certain fat percentage on the body. So just keep in shape and make sure thats low, so that when we start training and going at it Im ahead of the game.Do you think you will play forward next year or more time in the ruck? Dont really know. Wherever the coaches want to put me, Ill do it. Brodie Grundy had a fantastic year. Hes going to be a tough guy to knock out of the spot. I think Ill play both forward and ruck -- wherever the position is available and wherever they need me, Ill be more than happy to fill that role.What do you think about Collingwood bringing in free agents Chris Mayne and Daniel Wells? Im traveling and stuff, so you dont really even hear about it being in the States. Obviously, Ill meet them when I get back. But Im kind of removed from it all being overseas. I dont really deal with that kind of stuff. I dont really know all the details or all the stats. Ill leave that to the guys who make the big bucks behind the scenes. Im sure theyre making the right decisions.Do you think Collingwood can play finals next year? Yeah, of course. Theres no reason we wouldnt. At this point, its just getting wins and not getting a downfall to our season. Like, weve had a few games where we just kind of lost it. Its frustrating to see, and its frustrating to be a part of when youre losing games. But at the end of the day, were a team that beat some of the best teams in the league. Weve got the talent. Weve got the ability. Its just getting it all together and showing our best every game. ... Weve shown plenty of promise this year. Weve played some of the best teams and come out with wins, so if they can make it to finals and make the Grand Final, why not us?What brings you to the USAFL nationals? I came over here at the last second. I found out my brother was playing here. I didnt tell anyone. I was going to surprise him, so I just kind of kept it under the rug. There are a lot of guys here who ran the combine when I first came into AFL, and it was great to see them again. Those guys had a big impact on where Im at now, and its great to catch up with them. Without those guys, I wouldnt be in the position Im in.Whats your impression of the level of play here? Its pretty good. A lot of these guys had never heard of AFL or ever played it in their lives [until recently]. A lot of the teams are run by Australians who come over here and play the sport they love and try to start their own clubs. Theyre just passionate about their sport. ... They get a group of guys together and teach them the game and just kind of get this community together. These guys go out and train every week and teach them all the skills of this game thats absolutely unheard of to them. Then to have something like the nationals, where everyone gets together and enjoys the game, is cool.Do you think footy has growth potential abroad? I think its going to get a bit more international now. There are a lot more [foreign] players, Americans, Irishmen and Sudanese guys are coming over and playing AFL. So I think the more international people that come through, then it gets a bit more media, and it proves that people can do it. I think the more people that go over there and give it a crack and do well, the more media gets behind it, and you never know where it will go. I think the more opportunities that come up and the more people that do it, the bigger the sport will become overseas and in Australia.Have any U.S. athletes approached you and asked about pursuing an AFL career? Ive talked to a few through the AFL and just kind of talked to them about where Ive been and what Ive gone through, what Ive learned, how tough it was, what to expect and things of that nature. Whenever the AFL gets in contact with them, Im always happy to help, walk them through it and give them an idea of what to expect. Ive been in the same position -- just trying to get your head around all of it. Its one big whirlwind.How do you like living in Australia? Are you picking up the accent? Im definitely picking up the accent. Its one of those things where if you talk with an American accent in Australia, everyone kind of asks you twice what you said. And you kind of get sick of repeating yourself, so you eventually just merge into it and give in. I love it over there. Melbourne is just crazy about footy, and its tough to describe it until you get there with the whole experience. ... Im actually trying to apply for citizenship there now and try to be a dual citizen of America and Australia. [If that goes through], whatever happens down the line, Ill have the option of staying there or coming back to the States. Comprar Air Max 720 Baratas . Robredo, ranked No. 16, bounced back from an upset loss to Leonardo Mayer in the second round of the Royal Guard Open in Chile last week to down Carreno Busta in 1 hour, 25 minutes. On a day filled mostly with qualifying matches, fifth-seeded Marcel Granollers of Spain also entered the second with a 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 win over Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia, while Guido Pella of Argentina defeated Guillermo Garcia-Lopez of Spain 7-6 (6), 6-4 to advance. Nike Air Max Baratas . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. http://www.tiendasairmaxbaratas.com/zapatillas-air-max-270.html . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. Comprar Air Max Baratas . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. Air Max 200 Baratas .25 million option on reliever Jose Veras. RIO DE JANEIRO -- With just seconds to spare, Kaori Icho reminded everyone why shes the best womens wrestler in history.Icho became the first wrestler to win four Olympic gold medals on Wednesday, scoring a takedown with less than five seconds left to beat Valeriia Koblova Zholobova of Russia 3-2 in 58-kilogram womens freestyle.I cant thank my family enough, and everyone else who has supported me through this journey, the Japanese wrestler said.Icho is also the first woman to win an individual gold medal in four straight Olympics, having started her historic run at the inaugural womens tournament in Athens in 2004.Multiple men have accomplished that feat, including American swimmer Michael Phelps.Some wondered if Icho, now 32, still had what it takes to survive an Olympic tournament -- especially after Orkhon Purevdorj of Mongolia snapped Ichos 189-match winning streak this year.Icho rolled to the finals, though, outscoring her opponents 24-1.But Koblova Zholobova wouldnt go away so easily. She scored a takedown late in the first period for a 2-1 lead.Icho recovered at the last possible moment.I grabbed her from behind, Icho said. I didnt aim at counterattacking at all, it was just natural.Saori Yoshida, Ichos teammate, will try to win her fourth consecutive gold on Thursday.48 KILOGRAMS: Eri Tosaka stunned Mariya Stadnik of Azerbaijan 3-2 for her fourth consecutive world title. Tosaka, down to her final shot, got a hold of Stadniks leg with five seconds left for a two-point takedown and an improbable win. I tried to keep on concentrating on the match and I wanted to win so I just (kept going), Tosaka said.dddddddddddd Stadnik took silver for the second Olympics in a row. Yanan Sun of China won bronze with a 10-0 blowout that lasted less than a period. Elitsa Atanasova Yankkova of Bulgaria also took third.69 KILOGRAMS: Sara Dosho beat fourth-ranked Natalia Vorobeva of Russia 2-2 on criteria to give Japan a sweep of the gold medals on the first day of the womens wrestling tournament. Dosho rallied from a 2-0 deficit, stopping Vorobeva from joing Doshos teammates, Kaori Icho and Saori Yoshida, as multiple Olympic champions. Dosho might be in line to be Japans next multiple gold medalist in wrestling, winning her first one at just 21.AUGELLOS DAY: Haley Augello, the only American to compete Wednesday, lost to Tosaka after a first-round win. Augello, 21, got a chance in the repechage because Tosaka made it to the finals, but her aggressive strategy failed to pay off as she fell 3-2 to Zhuldyz Eshimova of Kazakhstan. In the sport of wrestling, I like to look at it as a game of cat and mouse. If you want to be the mouse, thats fine. If you want to run, thats fine. I am young. I am not as experienced, Aguello said.THE PRIDE OF INDIA: Sakshi Malik took third at 58 kilograms to become just the fourth woman from India to win an Olympic medal -- all bronzes. I had hope at least that I could win a medal, thats why I attacked, Malik said. I was confident until the win. I earned this after a lot of hard work. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz