Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 Hausaufgaben
mary123 Offline

07.10.2019 07:22
Even before he was beaten out by Griff Antworten

SAN DIEGO, California - Josh Johnson was doing more than rehabbing an inflamed triceps during his six-week absence. When Johnson takes the mound on Tuesday night in San Francisco, his first start since April 21, hell feature a differently gripped changeup he hopes will keep Giants hitters off balance. A prototypical power pitcher with a fastball consistently in the mid-90s mph, Johnson feels hes lacked an offspeed pitch with a significant variation in velocity. "Ive been trying to get speed off for years and years," said Johnson. "You see other guys whose changeups are hard but they have good action to it. Mine doesnt really have that action that youd like that can get groundballs or get a swing and miss here and there to throw guys off a little bit, to have them respect that pitch. Hopefully I can get it to that level where it can be a huge pitch for me." Johnson has previously used his curveball to get hitters, anticipating his fastball or slider, to commit early. Even then he found he was throwing his curveball too hard. During his down time, spent predominantly at the Blue Jays facility in Dunedin, Florida, Johnson began picking the brain of Rick Langford, the clubs minor league rehab and pitching coach. It was then a change to Johnsons changeup grip was discussed and once the big right-hander was back on a mound, the change was implemented. "Its all about trust with that, with new grips," said Johnson. "I threw a couple good ones in the rehab starts. The first rehab starts the punchouts I had were with the changeup. Then, as always, once you start throwing it more and more it kind of goes up and down. Hopefully it will keep going up and progressing with it and keep it down in the zone." The Blue Jays, who entered play Sunday 10 games under .500 and buried in last place in the American League East, need not only Johnsons return to the mound but his return to effectiveness. Johnson himself needs the same. Making $13.75-million this season and a free agent after the World Series, Johnson needs a combination of health and success in order to secure a contract rich in both term and dollar. In four starts this season, the last of which came April 21, Johnson is 0-1 with an ERA of 6.86. His walks plus hits per innings pitched (WHIP) sits at 1.881, inordinately high especially for a potential staff ace. When Johnson went down there was no indication he would miss six weeks. "It was just in a weird spot, its something that Ive never had before, never felt before," said Johnson of the triceps inflammation. "Just felt like someone had my fingers stuck in my triceps and every time Id get out there and get extension, I could throw and be alright but as soon as I let it go and got extension thats when I could feel it. It was in a weird spot and I didnt want to escalate it into anything worse, its the exact opposite of what wed want. So, just take a little bit more on this end of it." Johnson rejoined the Blue Jays on Friday night and was in the dugout in time to watch a good portion of the 17-inning marathon loss. His family is with him on the road trip. He says hes glad to be back. "Absolutely. Just being out there and going to battle with the guys and just being around." Fake Shoes Outlet . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. Replica Shoes Online . Schenn scored the game-winning goal and added two assists to lead the Philadelphia Flyers to a 4-1 win over the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Tuesday. https://www.fakeshoesonline.com/ . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. Cheap Shoes Fake . - The Oakland Raiders re-signed offensive lineman Khalif Barnes on Friday. Fake Shoes Free Shipping . The 19-year-old Olsen played 34 games with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL this season. In that time, hes recorded 17 goals and 17 assists with 36 penalty minutes. BEREA, Ohio -- When Josh McCown was asked by Browns wide receivers Terrelle Pryor and Josh Gordon -- players who are much younger than him -- to join them and watch Monday Night Football, Clevelands quarterback didnt pass up the chance.When the invite is there, I will go hang, McCown said.The curious trio of teammates will be huddling again Sunday.McCown, who stayed steady this summer as trade speculation swirled, will replace an injured Robert Griffin III and start Sundays home opener against Baltimore. Griffin broke a bone in his left shoulder last week in Philadelphia and will miss at least eight games.So the Browns (0-1) will turn their offense back over to the capable McCown, whose future in Cleveland seemed tenuous for several months. However, despite fielding several offers for the 37-year-old, the Browns chose to hang on to McCown, a decision that looks shrewder after Griffin went down.Josh is a pros pro, said Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas. You dont survive 15 years in the NFL without knowing how to take care of your business, even in the face of adversity.McCown is relishing another chance, knowing better than anyone he doesnt have many left. His first season with Cleveland was sabotaged by injury, and time is running out on a career that began in 2002 -- when many of his current teammates were still in grade school.For my age, these opportunities, I dont take them lightly, he said. The opportunity to get out there, certainly when that is taken away, it eats at you. Throughout the offseason, it is always in the back of your mind, and the next opportunity you have to make the most of it because you do not know. That is my plan this time around.McCown experienced extreme highs and lows last season against the Ravens (1-0). He passed for a team-record 457 yards and led the Browns to one of their three wins, a 33-30 overtime thriller at Baltimore on Oct. 11. When the teams met again six weeks later, McCown broke his collarbone and missed the final five games.When Cleveland signed RG3 as a free agent in March and then selected rookie Cody Kessler in the third round of Aprils draft, it appeared McCowns days with the Browns were numbered. He blocked out the trade rumors and did what he has always done: whatever the team needed.Even before he was beaten out by Griffin for the Browns sstarting job in training camp, McCown selflessly stepped aside and offered his snaps so RG3 could have more time with the starters.ddddddddddddts that selflessness that has endeared him to teammates past and present. And its why the Browns, who have 17 rookies on their roster, are grateful to have him to teach their young players, to lead them, and, to hopefully win with them.Im full speed ahead with Josh, coach Hue Jackson said. I think he will go out and play extremely well, and help lead our offense and get us to playing football the way we need to play, and give us an opportunity. We expect him to do that. That is why we kept him here.For all the positive testimonials about McCowns character, theres no escaping that hes just 2-17 in his last two seasons as a starter for Tampa Bay and Cleveland. Although he was on the way to his best statistical season in 2015, McCown was 1-7 for the Browns.Pryor, the QB-turned-wide receiver who spent part of the offseason working out with McCown, said focusing on McCowns record is unfair. Theres more than meets the eye.Last year, he lit a lot of teams up, Pryor said. The guy knows how to play. What we love about Josh is that hes the ultimate competitor. You can see it in his eyes and the way he talks in the huddle.McCown was with Pryor and Gordon, who is serving another four-game drug suspension, when Browns owner Jimmy Haslam called to discuss Griffins injury and offer him support.Which made me feel good for a lot of different reasons, Haslam said. Josh McCown is as good a person as Ive ever met anywhere. Hes just incredible.McCown never thought twice about whether his being with much younger teammates appeared odd.It is good to be around those guys, he said. It keeps me young. Ive been the `old guy for the past five years.Game notes Jackson said he doesnt have a problem with his players celebrating following a big play, as long as they keep it within reason. I want our guys to have a little swagger to them, he said. If that is what makes us play good, more power to them. As long as the dances dont turn into something Ive never seen before, we will be OK.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz