Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

07.10.2019 04:36
ere are moments in diving when you get injured or Antworten

LOS ANGELES -- Carmelo Anthony praised Michael Jordan for speaking out Monday on the countrys growing racial and social unrest while also saying it was about time Jordan stepped up and took a stance and put his money where his mouth is at with two grants of $1 million each to two organizations working to build trust between the police and their communities.I thought it was brilliant and about time that he stepped up and said what he said, Anthony said later Monday after a meeting with community leaders in Los Angeles. At the end of the day, amongst us, he is our face. He is an African-American and a very powerful African-American, so for him to step up in the midst of these times right now, it was very big on his behalf. Its not always about the money, but for him to step up and put his money where his mouth is at, the timing was perfect.On Monday, Anthony, along with Tamika Catchings and other members of USA Basketball mens and womens national teams, met with community leaders at the Challengers Boys & Girls Club in Los Angeles for two hours in what was billed as Leadership Together: A Conversation with Our Sons & Daughters. About 200 people were in attendance, including Deputy Chief William Scott of the Los Angeles Police Department; Calvin Lyons, the president and CEO of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Los Angeles; and Charisse Bremond-Weaver, the president of the Brotherhood Crusade.We had a bunch of youth and a bunch of police officers and bunch of community leaders of all races and ethnicities, and it was an open forum and an open dialogue and an honest conversation, Anthony said. We came together as one big group first and we discussed some things, and then we broke down into eight small groups, and each group had athletes, officers and community leaders. We just talked about the issues that are going on out there today, and we talked about solutions. Now, there were a lot of solutions going on out there today, but we know that nothing is going to happen overnight. But what we wanted to do was create something that we can start right now and continue when we leave here.Anthonys vision for Mondays meeting in Los Angeles -- as well as opening the ESPYS earlier this month with LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul, each of them urging their fellow athletes to be active socially -- came to him in the middle of the night as he watched racial and social unrest unfolding each day on television.It started 3 oclock in the morning one night after watching CNN all day and watching all the tragedies that were happening back to back to back, Anthony said. It took me a while to get to that point because a lot of times when things happen like that, everybody quickly jumps on social media and everybody has an opinion. Nobody knows the facts and nobody knows whats going on. Were quick to say Black Lives Matter without knowing both sides of the story. So I wanted to take my time.I wasnt going to say anything at first because I like to stay behind the scenes. I went to bed and I woke up in the middle of the night and I just started typing, and as I was typing, I spoke from the heart. The first thing that came to my mind was I have to get my fellow athletes to step up and use their voice and use their platform in the best way that they can. It went from an Instagram post to me getting [James, Wade and Paul] to open up the ESPYS, which was a big platform for us. ... Were just going to keep the conversation going.On Saturday, the WNBA withdrew fines for teams and players who wore warm-up shirts in a show of support for citizens and police involved in recent shootings. Catchings, who is retiring at the end of the season and is the president of the players union, said the issues affecting men today also affect women, and stressed that it was important for all sides in the discussion to be educated.Weve been able to stand up the last couple of weeks in what weve done with wearing the black shirts and being able to have a voice and use our platform, Catchings said. Coming here and listening to the young men and women, were all struggling and were all hurting and feeling disrespected to a certain extent, but what comes out of today is being educated and being able to hear stories from the cop side and from the youth side.Anthonys goal is that Mondays conversation will be the first of several that take place across the country over the next year with not only NBA and WNBA players but athletes in all sports and community leaders in their respective cities.There were some very, very powerful messages that were talked about amongst not just us as athletes, but the youth, he said. The youth really, really spoke out today about how they feel about their community and how they feel about police officers and how they feel about relationships and how we can mend these relationships. The police spoke, youth spoke and athletes spoke, and we really got a lot of messages out of today, so hopefully we can continue this dialogue, and I think we created something today that will continue on into the future.Wholesale Fake NBA Jerseys . Numbers Game looks into the Canadiens securing the services of Thomas Vanek in a trade with the New York Islanders. The Canadiens Get: LW Thomas Vanek and a conditional fifth-round pick. Fake NBA Jerseys Sale . Barcelona also left injured defenders Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano and Jordi Alba out of its squad for the trip to Glasgow. That means that Marc Bartra will probably start again in the centre of the defence alongside Gerard Pique. http://www.fakenbajerseys.com/ . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Fake NBA Jerseys China . Siddikur, whose previous win on the circuit came in Brunei three years ago, finished his bogey-free round with a birdie on the 18th for a total of 17-under 199. Indias Shiv Chowrasia, who has finished runner-up in this tournament twice, was in second place after a 66. Fake NBA Jerseys Online .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team.Only as much as I dream, can I be.Its a quote I have tattooed on my left rib to remind me that fulfilling your dreams is a mental battle. It takes a lot to become a strong diver. You do all your physical preparations in training, but at the end of the day its about whos going to be the toughest mentally.A lot of the time I train really well, but when it comes down to it at competitions, sometimes I let my doubt and my mind get the better of me.This is why my family is so important to me. The amount of support they give me just to keep me motivated -- especially during a time when youre a little bit down -- keeps me going.Theyre always super supportive; when Im injured or didnt train too well and come home frustrated and upset, sometimes just talking to my mum about my struggles inspires me to go back the next day to work hard and keep pushing at it. Its really helpful, even if I know Im in a rough patch or have a long way to go to get to where I need to be.My younger siblings, in particular, are really big inspirations for me.My younger brother, Joshua, and sister, Maddi, are weightlifters, and its an awesome thing to see them achieve their goals and have so much success in their sport.Maddi and Josh represented Australia at the world junior championships in Georgia earlier this year, and recently Josh became the NSW Junior and Open Champion.Every day they come home and I see they have all these challenges that I can relate to, but they always push through.I often feel like I have to be the role model as the older sibling, but as I see my younger siblings pushing through obstacles and achieving their goals, it gives you the kick up the bum to get you motivated and get you thinking that if they can do it, then why cant I?It just gives you that extra motivation.My cousin, James Stannard, is an Australian rugby sevens player, and despite competing in a completely different sport, he inspires and motivates me through the battles that he went through just to help the Australian side qualify for the Olympics.Hell be representing the Australia sevens side at the Olympics, and while our sports are so different, we talk about the few similarities between the two -- mainly the pressure of performing in a high-intensity sport.Its interesting just to get an idea how difficult perrforming is for them as well.ddddddddddddhere are moments in diving when you get injured or miss a competition, so you go through the process of recovering and rebuilding to get ready for the next competition. That seems similar to what they go through in rugby.When you compete in any high-performance sport there are similarities, so its nice being able to compare challenges and having someone to discuss them with.Having someone to share the Olympic experience with is really great; James and I had the Commonwealth Games that weve been to together, but were beyond excited to be going to Rio together.Its not just my family who inspire me, though, but also my coach, Chava Sobrino.Sometimes our training environment isnt very busy, and you dont always have a lot of divers training at the same time; you usually train before the younger divers to avoid cramping the boards.It can get really quiet, and its hard to stay motivated when theres only a few people training around you. But my coach is really good at keeping us motivated and keeping the environment fun and a bit funny. Its incredible having him push me forward every day to help me reach my dreams.?But my biggest diving inspiration would be Chinese diver Guo Jingjing; shes amazing.When I first started competing shed already won four Olympic medals. She ended her career when I was starting, so I only got to see her compete a few times. She won almost every competition she entered -- she was amazing to watch and was such a good athlete.I had the chance to meet her. Although she didnt speak much English, it was still an amazing and memorable experience to meet my idol and inspiration.Long before I met Guo Jingjing, I was working alongside some of Australian divings biggest names, such as Chantelle Newberry and Matthew Mitcham, and it really opened my eyes to their work ethic and what is needed to get on top.It was really helpful seeing people at that level, and I was able to say to myself, Thats what I want, thats where I want to be. So I based my training and my attitude on the people I saw, where they were and where I wanted to get to. I did everything I could to make those Australian teams. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz