Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

02.10.2019 11:54
s just a story that if you keep pushing har Antworten

BALTIMORE -- Surrounded by the two players he secured shortly before the non-waiver trade deadline, Orioles executive vice president Dan Duquette flashed a proud smile.Left-handed starter Wade Miley sat on Duquettes right side and Steve Pearce was on the left at an introductory news conference Tuesday.The addition of Miley, a veteran left-handed starter, and Pearce, a solid utility man with long-ball power, just might be the difference in first-place Baltimores bid to reach the postseason for the second time in three years.Miley was obtained in a trade with Seattle and Pearce came from Tampa Bay.Our scouts have followed Wade for several years, Duquette said. We tried to trade for him when he was in Arizona (from 2011-14). We tried to trade for him again when the Red Sox sent him to Seattle (last December). We didnt really match up. So now we have him. We think hes a good fit. If he can keep the ball on the ground, hes going to help stabilize our rotation.The 33-year-old Pearce played with Baltimore in 2012 and from 2013 through last year.Steve helps us in a lot of different areas, Duquette said. He can play the infield, he can pinch hit, he can play a couple different outfield positions and hes a terrific defensive first baseman.Miley went 7-8 with a 4.98 ERA with the Mariners but was coming off a sound outing against the Chicago Cubs in which he allowed one run over seven innings. Now, the 29-year-old hopes to keep the momentum rolling with the Orioles.When I first found out, I was excited, to go from a third-place team to a first-place team overnight, Miley said. Theres nothing wrong with that. So hopefully I can just come in here and not screw that up.Pearce left a Rays team that was 20 games under .500. He returns to a place where hes enjoyed some of his best seasons in the majors.We were struggling down there in Florida, Pearce said. So to come from worst place to first place is definitely a better situation. Im excited, especially with the group thats in there right now. Ive been playing with those guys forever. So Im ready to pick up where we left off and pave the way toward the playoffs.Both players provide Baltimore with an instant fix, but Miley comes with a contract that extends through 2017 with a club option for 2018. That wasnt necessarily the motivation for Duquette to make the deal, but it sure didnt hurt.Hes got all the qualities to help our club, and not just for this year, for next year, Duquette said.Miley cant wait to get started. Manager Buck Showalter said its likely the lefty will make his Baltimore debut on Thursday night against the Texas Rangers.Im just going to go out when its my turn to pitch and just try to give us a chance to win, he said. Thats kind of what Ive done throughout my career. Just go out and compete.Pearce will probably get his first start on Wednesday, Showalter said.To make room for the newcomers on the roster, the Orioles optioned pitchers Tyler Wilson and Odrisamer Despaigne to Triple-A Norfolk.Fake Nike Shoes . LOUIS -- Cardinals cleanup hitter Allen Craig says hes recovered from a foot injury and ready to be put on St. Fake Shoes Outlet .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. https://www.fakeshoesonline.com/ . The (11-11-4) Jets are seventh in the Central Division with 26 points. Fifth place Dallas and sixth-seeded Nashville also have 26 points, but the Stars have three games in hand on Winnipeg while Nashville has two. China Shoes For Sale . -- Charline Labonte couldnt have asked for a better homecoming. Cheap Shoes Fake . -- Ryan Blaney provided more evidence that Penske Racings No.Western Bulldogs president Peter Gordon admits there had been dark times when he despaired his club would never make it to an AFL grand final.Gordon had to fight tooth and nail to keep the wolves at bay during his first stint as president - from 1989-96 - of the then financially crippled club.And as he soaks up the clubs first grand-final week since 1961, Gordon cant help but cast his mind back to how the Dogs had arrived there.What I love about it is the struggle ... its just a story that if you keep pushing hard enough, then finally the door breaks down, Gordon said.(The club) was in receivership (in 1989) and it was days away from being wound up. The VFL had plans to raffle off our players to various other clubs ... it was closer to extinction than any other club that has survived has ever been.And its not the only time. In 1996, we had our struggles and I know that in the 16 years of David Smorgons presidency before I came back, there were various moments when the sheriff was nearly at the door.Its been a history of struggle, the Bulldogs embody struggle, and I guess the moral to the story is if you continue to struggle and you continue to believe, then eventually a week like this will come along.I hope Bulldogs supporters are further rewarded on the weekend.ddddddddddddGordon has been a constant presence at the club this week, chatting with fans and watching the team train during breaks from official business.Hes been thrilled with the number of members, supporters and past players who have come down to Whitten Oval to experience the grand-final week atmosphere.The club remains unsure exactly how great a financial windfall the grand-final appearance will provide but, whatever it is, the days when that might be the difference between survival and extinction are long gone.Its 2016 and we are not the club that, back in 1989, was fighting for survival, Gordon said.Weve broken a lot of records this year ... 40,000 members would have been a dream for me when I first became president in 1989 and we had 4000 members.Weve broken records in revenue, were going to declare a healthy profit this year and well be able to invest back into Whitten Oval.As someone whos been involved in it for such a long time and seen so many people work so hard ... this is the realisation of a dream. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz