Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

30.09.2019 10:26
t wasnt like we beat (Hamels) up Antworten

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Stephon Gilmore remembers one of the last times he was ever pushed around on the football field.Growing up in South Carolina, the Buffalo Bills cornerback was in the 10th grade when he and the rest of the South Pointe high school defense was essentially bowled over by an opponents run-heavy, wing-T offense. A few days later, the self-described scrawny kid approached coach Bobby Carroll, asking for the keys to the weight room so he could start working out on Sundays.After that, Gilmore said, it was history.Gilmore went on to help South Pointe go 15-0 and win a state title, earned South Carolinas Mr. Football honors, and was a three-year starter at the University of South Carolina. Then, following his junior year, he was selected by Buffalo with the No. 10 pick of the 2012 draft.Entering his fifth season in Buffalo, Gilmore is making the assertion he deserves being considered among the NFLs elite cornerbacks.Its a bold answer Gilmore provided whenever the question of whether he belongs in that class came up this offseason.I know I am, he said upon reporting to training camp.And he didnt shy away from it during an interview with The Associated Press a few weeks later.Yeah, Ive said it. But like Ive said, I feel like I am the best, Gilmore said. But Im not going to say it every day or tweet it out or anything like that. Im just going to go about my business and show you on the field.Gilmore has plenty of motivation to prove himself. Hes making a little over $11 million after the Bills picked up the option on the fifth and final year of his contract.Though the Bills would like to re-sign Gilmore, and the player is open to staying in Buffalo, there has been little progress in negotiations since general manager Doug Whaley said the lines of communications were open last month.Gilmore prefers a deal to be reached before the Bills open their season at Baltimore on Sept. 11. If all else fails, the Bills hold the option to retain Gilmores rights next season by designating him as their franchise player.If it gets done, it gets done, Gilmore said. I mean, I dont know the possibility. I just know what Im worth.Gilmore has been a starter since his rookie season in 2012. In 53 games, he has nine interceptions and been credited with 50 pass breakups, including a career-best 18 last season.Coach Rex Ryan notes the only thing missing from completing Gilmores resume is creating more turnovers. That doesnt take away how good Gilmore is in Ryans eyes.I think his game has improved to where hes at his very best right now, Ryan said. Hes a complete player regardless of what you play, zone, man, he can do everything. But yeah, Id love for him to have more interceptions this year.Gilmore stands out because of the combination of speed and strength he packs in his 6-foot-1, 190-pound frame.He has the burst to run step for step with the NFLs fastest receivers, and Gilmore can also be physical off the line of scrimmage. That was evident last season, when Gilmore put a blanket over Odell Beckham Jr., limiting the New York Giants star to catch just five of 12 passes directed his way for 38 yards.During training camp, Gilmore showed no signs of the torn pectoral muscle that sidelined him for the final four games of last season. He had interceptions on each of the first two days of camp.He also showed his nimbleness. Shadowing receiver Greg Little on an inside move, Gilmore then stopped and burst into the backfield to make what have been a tackle for a loss on a swing pass to tight end Charles Clay.Effortless, veteran safety Corey Graham said, recalling the play. The skys the limit for him. He really, really has the potential to be the best in the league.Carroll saw the potential long before Gilmore asked him for the keys to the high school weight room.I saw these kids playing in the eighth grade, said Carroll, who was a defensive coordinator at another school at the time. I saw him playing, and I said `Oh, my gosh, where are those kids going to school? And they said, theyre going to that new school, South Pointe.Carroll started to laugh when recalling his answer: I said, `Well, thats where Im going.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Air Max 200 Schweiz . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Nike Vapormax Damen Günstig . Brazilian national coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has confirmed that the veteran goalkeeper is set to join Toronto on loan, saying it will help him be ready for the World Cup. http://www.vapormaxkaufenschweiz.com/vapormax-damen-schweiz.html . R.J. Umberger scored twice to lead the Blue Jackets to a franchise-record for consecutive wins with a 5-3 victory Tuesday night over the Los Angeles Kings. Air Max 97 Outlet .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. Vapormax Damen Outlet .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. BALTIMORE -- Cole Hamels left himself vulnerable for only an instant, and the Baltimore Orioles quickly took advantage of his very rare lapse.Using a three-run first inning and a solid pitching performance from Kevin Gausman, the Orioles beat Hamels and the Texas Rangers 3-2 on Wednesday night.Matt Wieters had two RBI for the Orioles, whose 39-16 record at home is the best in the majors. Baltimore will seek to complete a three-game sweep on Thursday in a series between first-place teams.The Orioles took control by using three hits and two walks to jump out to a 3-1 lead in the first inning. Hamels (12-3) steadied himself after that, but by then Baltimore had all the offense it needed.You want to be able to go out there and get ahead, Hamels said. Sometimes you are not able to find it in that first inning and that will definitely cost you. More times than not, you can try to scratch out a win, but its definitely my fault, with not being able to establish a strike zone in those key situations.Gausman (3-8) gave up two runs and seven hits in seven innings, striking out seven and walking one. The right-hander had won only two of his 18 starts this season and was coming off a horrid outing in which he allowed three homers and six runs over three innings at Toronto.And still, he was good enough to outpitch Hamels.You can give in to what conventionality says it should be like, or you can compete and look at it as an opportunity to present yourself real well, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said.Showalter summed up the victory succinctly: It wasnt like we beat (Hamels) up or anything. We had one shot at it and we took advantage of it. And our pitching made it hold up.Darren ODay worked a perfect eighth and Zach Britton finished for his 33rd save in 33 tries.After his rocky first inning, Hamels retired 13 of the next 14 batters without allowing a hit. The lefty gave up three runs,, four hits and four walks over seven innings.ddddddddddddWe saw Cole settle down and he was extremely efficient after that, Texas manager Jeff Banister said.Hamels was 7-1 in his previous 11 starts and 3-0 with a 0.84 ERA since the All-Star break.Carlos Beltran homered in his second game with Texas since being obtained in a trade with the Yankees on Monday. New catcher Jonathan Lucroy also picked up his first RBI with the Rangers, and closer Jeremy Jeffress -- obtained in the trade with Milwaukee that landed Lucroy -- spent the night in the Texas bullpen after arriving earlier in the day.After Beltran hit his 23rd homer in the first inning, Baltimore took the lead for good in the bottom half. Mark Trumbo hit an RBI groundout and Wieters added a two-run single for a 3-1 lead.Lucroy delivered an RBI single in the second to get Texas within a run, but there was no more scoring by either team.Gausman -- like the Orioles -- seems to perform better at home. Hes 0-7 on the road but has won his last three starts at Camden Yards.I just feel comfortable pitching here, Gausman said.TRAINERS ROOMRangers: OF Shin-Soo Choo (lower back inflammation) hopes to be activated from the DL on Thursday. Everything feels like normal, he said. I feel like I can help this team.Orioles: Rookie OF Joey Rickard (thumb) wont be available before September. I think well get him back sometime this year, Showalter said. Its just a matter of how quickly.UP NEXTRangers: A.J. Griffin (4-1, 3.99 ERA) faces the Orioles for the first time since 2013 in the series finale Thursday night. Texas is 9-4 in his 13 starts.Orioles: Wade Miley (7-8, 4.98) makes his debut with the Orioles. Obtained on Sunday in a trade with Seattle, the 29-year-old is the lone lefty in the Baltimore rotation. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz