Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

30.09.2019 10:26
Women + Sports Summit. Antworten

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The mother of New York Giants first-round pick Eli Apple has put her son in a little awkward situation, Apple said Thursday.This is the result of Annie Apples outspoken nature in her Sports Illustrated columns and presence in mainstream media. Annie Apple also works for ESPN as a contributor to Sunday NFL Countdown.She has written in recent weeks about the Josh Brown?situation, as more details became public about the former Giants kickers 2015 domestic violence arrest. Annie Apple wrote about her personal experiences with domestic violence, and she criticized Giants co-owner John Mara for comments he made.In her most recent Sports Illustrated column, posted late in the afternoon on Wednesday, Annie Apple wrote about being livid with the Giants because of her belief that the team was leaning heavily on her son in an effort to control her. She also wrote about deciding to skip the Giants most recent game against the Los Angeles Rams, even though she made the trip to London -- a move that definitely hurt her son.Eli Apple remembers it as being the first game his mother has missed since he was in high school.Apple was asked seven minutes worth of questions Thursday, exclusively about his mother, her columns and their relationship, rather than anything about this weeks matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles. He said he expected it but also denied that the team was leaning on him to keep her quiet.Ill tell her [theyre not pressuring me], Apple said.Apple said he didnt yet read his mothers latest column, titled, Why I will never stop speaking out against injustice -- from the Giants, the NFL or beyond.None of his teammates had said anything to him about the situation as of Thursday afternoon. The situation has put the cornerback in a strange position as he tries to get his rookie season on track. Apple has missed two of the Giants first seven games and left early in two others because of hamstring and groin injuries.He was prepped by Giants personnel Thursday that he would be facing questions about his mother and her most recent column.Its definitely a weird position, of course. You want to just focus on football and have football be your main focus, Apple said. Sometimes when things like this come up, it makes it a little bit hard because youre thinking about it a little bit. But you just have to move on from it, talk to her a little bit and try to speak your mind a little bit and move forward.But there is only so much he can do. Apple isnt about to reprimand or silence his mother.Thats my mom, he said. Shes going to check me, big time.Annie Apple is her own person, and like Eli, she has her own career, he said. Its up to the two of them to make sure they can co-exist. Eli Apple thinks it can happen.I know how to talk to her a little bit, he said. Me and my mom have been going at it for a while, of course. So Im going to come correct, of course. Im going to come as her child.The conflict of interest between columnist and player was always a potential outcome, with the mothers and sons careers so intertwined.I knew there were going to be some things that come with it because I know how she is, Apple said. She loves to be vocal and certain things and she has a big voice and definitely gets out to a lot of people.So I just expected things like this a little bit. Its all good. Albert Abreu Yankees Jersey . Hamelin, who triumphed in the 500 on Saturday, edged out Victor An of Russia by 0.021 seconds to maintain his lead in the World Cup standings. Russias Vladimir Grigorev was third. In the relay, Canada took control six laps from the finish line to beat Russia and the Netherlands. Jake Barrett Yankees Jersey . Vettel was 0.168 seconds faster than Red Bull teammate Mark Webber around the Suzuka circuit. Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg was two tenths of a second off Vettel. "The car balance is decent, but I think we can still improve," Vettel said. https://www.cheapyankees.com/1851g-david-hale-jersey-yankees.html .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. Luis Cessa Yankees Jersey . This should be celebrated because it will not always be this way. With the amount of money given to players by their clubs these days, it is a wonder that so many of those teams allow the sport to continue to take away many of their assets so they can play for a different team in the middle of their season. Mike Mussina Yankees Jersey . Despite dominating possession, Schalke needed an own goal from Nicolas Hoefler for the breakthrough a minute before the interval. The Freiburg midfielder misjudged Jefferson Farfans corner and bundled the ball into his own net. Earlier this year, Brighton Zeuner became the youngest skateboarder, at age 11, to ever compete at X Games. Now 12, she was one of the decorated young athletes on the Voices of the Future panel at last weeks 2016 espnW: Women + Sports Summit.Just as she brings her skateboard with her wherever she goes, she naturally brings her skate bag too. She let us peek inside and showed us the items she doesnt leave home without -- from her trick list to hand sanitizer.S1 Lifer Helmet, 187 Killer Pads knee pads, 187 Slim elbow pads Its good to have the best safety gear if you want to go big.Vans Skate backpackI like it because its small, its easy to hold and it actually holds your board too. When I travel, instead of carrying five bags, I just carry two bags and this as a carry-on -- because you should always take your skate bag on board. You dont want to lose that!Skate toolThis is the most important thing. It basically tightens and loosens up your bolts. I just set up a new board and Im still experimenting with it because its kind of tight, so I loosen it up every once in a while. Yesterday, a kid lost his bolt while he was skating, so I tightened it up for him.Trick listThis is so I keep track of my tricks. It just helps me and inspires me to get them. Im still working on them, but I usually finish a trick list every week. Check maarks mean I got them.dddddddddddd.First-aid kitIt has Advil, Neosporin, Band-Aids -- there was a guy who broke his foot at the park, and this helped him. And gum, because we dont want any stinky breath.Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes, pink grapefruitFor your face, because of all that sweat and dirt after skating. Its something I wipe off my face with after I sweat.Neutrogena Clear Face liquid-lotion sunscreen, SPF 55 Its oil-free and a really good sunscreen. Its good for your zits, too!EOS lip balm, sweet mint We gotta keep the lips nice and moisturized.Twisted Peppermint PocketBac sanitizer, Bath and Body WorksWe usually order pizza at the park, with my friends, so we gotta wash our hands. I like Mad About You, but I just ran out of that. I like anything that smells refreshing.Downy Wrinkle Releaser I keep the Downy wrinkle release in my bag for when Im traveling or just need to throw in an extra shirt for the road. I just lay it out and spray out the wrinkles. Smells good too.Mitchum deodorant, shower freshWe dont want stinky pits.Gold Bond Medicated Body PowderYou put it in your knee pads so you dont get sweat stains.Arnicare GelWhen you get bruises, this is just really good pain relief. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz