Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

30.09.2019 10:04
uys, we are winning games but we have to fix this. Antworten

NORMAN, Okla. -- The Associated Press recently ranked Ohio State and Oklahoma the top two programs in college football history -- the Buckeyes No. 1 and the Sooners No. 2.The storied programs will meet Saturday for just the third time. No matter what they do, theyll have a tough time topping their original showdown.On Sept. 24, 1977, the Sooners and Buckeyes played a classic worthy of those top two spots in the all-time rankings. Oklahoma defeated Ohio State 29-28 in Columbus, Ohio, in a game that had just about everything -- a huge crowd, coaching legends, key injuries, eight turnovers and an Oklahoma squad that blew a 20-point lead before staging a furious rally in the final seven minutes to pull out the victory.Uwe von Schamann was the biggest of many heroes for the Sooners. The German-born kicker executed a successful onside kick in the final minutes, then nailed the game-winning field goal from 41 yards out with three seconds remaining.Von Schamann toyed with the Ohio Stadium crowd before the kick.I remember the crowd, von Schamann said in a telephone interview with The Associated Press. I usually block out the crowd, but I heard the crowd in this instance, yelling `Block that kick! I dont know why I did it, kind of a spontaneous reaction, but I raised my arms and I led the chant.Von Schamann works in communication and development for the Childrens Center Rehabilitation Hospital in Bethany, Oklahoma. Dean Blevins, the backup quarterback who led the rally, is the sports director for KWTV News 9 in Oklahoma City. They helped the AP revisit that pivotal game.Oklahoma was ranked No. 3 and Ohio State No. 4. It was Ohio State coach Woody Hayes, who had won five national titles, against Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer, who won national titles in 1974 and 1975. Ohio Stadium was packed with 88,119 fans, the third-largest crowd for an Ohio State home game at the time.Oklahoma rolled to a 20-0 lead on the strength of Billy Sims running and Thomas Lotts wishbone mastery. Both were injured, however, and Oklahomas offense was stuck during the middle part of the game.Ohio State dealt with injuries, too. Their fullback, Jeff Logan, wasnt fully healthy. Ray Griffin, a star cornerback, switched to offense to fill in, which weakened the Buckeyes defense. Linebacker Tom Cousineau left the game early with a shoulder injury, and quarterback Ron Gerald, a dangerous runner, did not finish the game.A 30-yard touchdown run by Ron Springs on an option to the left side got the Buckeyes on the board for the first of 28 unanswered points.Blevins said the Sooners, no matter how much they were struggling, always believed Sooner Magic would prevail.We had an unbelievable amount of confidence, he said. That was just a trademark of Barry Switzer teams. We had come back at Nebraska the year before, and had come back a couple of times even prior to that.Oklahomas offense took over with 6:24 remaining in the fourth quarter and put together a 12-play, 43-yard touchdown drive. On fourth-and-goal from the 1, Blevins ran the option to his right and pitched to Elvis Peacock, who spun into the end zone after a hard hit to cut Ohio States lead to 28-26 with 1:21 to play. The same play failed on the two-point conversion, leaving the Sooners no choice but to go for the onside kick.Von Schamann said the Sooners had a plan. One of his coaches asked him which player he was going to hit with the ball so it would bounce off and give the Sooners a chance to recover.I told him the second guy from the left, von Schamann said. Sure enough, I hit it good, and it hit him in the chest, and Mike Babb recovered it.The Sooners took over at the 50-yard line.Blevins, who bounced back after throwing two interceptions earlier in the game, connected on a 18-yard pass to Steve Rhodes. Kenny King burst up the middle for six yards to put the Sooners in range. After two short runs, it was time for von Schamann to handle business.We positioned it where it was only a 41-yard kick, and thats an extra point or a chip shot for Uwe, Blevins said. So the only thought on the sideline watching it was the snap and the hold, because Uwe was going to do his job.---Follow Cliff Brunt on Twitter (at)CliffBruntAPNMD_R1 Shoes Canada . - Oakland Raiders running back Rashad Jennings was speaking to a group of local high school students earlier this week when the conversation turned to the importance of being prepared when opportunities in life arise. NMD 2020 Cananda . Haas said he "felt a lot of pain" in his right shoulder when he slammed his racket to the ground in frustration after losing his serve at 3-3 in the first set. http://www.nmdshoescanada.com/ . PETERSBURG, Fla. NMD Canada Sale . PAUL, Minn. NMD R1 Canada Mens . Vancouver Whitecaps and Toronto FC failed to make the postseason while Montreal Impact fell at the first hurdle losing heavily to Houston Dynamo in the Eastern Conference Knockout Round.The Minnesota Lynx try to end a three-game skid when they host the San Antonio Stars on Saturday night at the Target Center in Minneapolis.Minnesota (13-3) won 13 in a row to break its own WNBA record for consecutive victories to start a season. The defending WNBA champions then fell to the Los Angeles Sparks, the Washington Mystics and the New York Liberty. The losses dropped the Lynx to second place in the Western Conference, two games behind Los Angeles.Weve won 13 games, played at a really high level, (and) its a very natural thing that the slippage happens, Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve said. I dont necessarily sense it. I didnt feel like, Come on, guys, we are winning games but we have to fix this. I think a little bit of it is not overreacting to it. Were not made of steel. ... Were human. ... I think the important thing is to make sure that you dont make excuses, you dont settle, and you know what you have to do to get back oon track.dddddddddddd.The Lynx are coming off a 95-92 overtime loss to the Liberty. Maya Moore scored 24 points for Minnesota, but it wasnt enough to overcome a 30-point performance by New Yorks Sugar Rodgers.San Antonio (4-12) has lost five of its last seven games, but is coming off an 87-85 overtime victory over the Indiana Fever. Moriah Jefferson scored 31 points on 13-of-18 shooting and won the game with putback at the buzzer. Kayla McBride added 17 points despite making just 6 of 21 field-goal attempts.Moore is fifth in the WNBA in scoring at 18.8 points per game. Teammate Sylvia Fowles is fourth in field-goal percentage at 58.8 percent.Jefferson is fifth in 3-point shooting at 44.4 percent.This is the first time Minnesota and San Antonio have met this season. They meet again July 12 and Sept. 11. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz