Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

28.09.2019 05:12
Tendulkar to do the same? Af Antworten

NEW YORK -- Johnny Cueto?says he feels slighted the Kansas City Royals didnt invite him to come along when they were honored at the White House for winning the World Series last season.Acquired by Kansas City from Cincinnati last July 26, the pitcher went 4-7 for the Royals during the regular season, then 2-1 in the postseason.His two-hitter in Game 2 of the World Series against the New York Mets gave Kansas City a 2-1 series lead, and the Royals won in five games for their first championship since 1985.Cueto left as a free agent after the season to sign a $130 million, six-year contract with the San Francisco Giants. He is 13-2 with a 2.53 ERA in 2016 and started for the National League in the All-Star Game.I believe that I earned it, he said of the White House trip, speaking through a translator after his start Saturday against the New York Yankees. I was on the team. I did something for the team for them to win the World Series, so I was expecting it.Cueto said he did not speak to anyone on the Royals about attending Thursdays ceremony at the White House.I feel OK. I feel normal, but I also feel that its the teams, the organizations responsibility to invite me, he said. I did a job for them, so I think that they should have had the courtesy to invite me.Kansas City said it set limitations on which players would get invitations to the White House visit: players had to be on the 2015 team all year, on the active postseason roster and not on another team at this time.Outfielder Jonny Gomes, another part-season Royals player in 2015, also expressed disappointment he wasnt asked to the White House.?Ive been sent down. Ive been non-tendered, whatever, Gomes told Fox Sports last week. But this is probably the worst news of my professional baseball career.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report. Adidas NMD R2 προσφορες . -- James Young couldnt wait to apply those tweaks to his jump shot, and the first one he made against UT Arlington told him it could be a good night. παπουτσια Adidas Superstar . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. http://www.nmdgreece.com/ . The Cleveland Indians, Tampa Bay Rays, and Texas Rangers all won on Sunday meaning the Rangers will host the Rays in a play-in game on Monday. Adidas NMD Greece . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Adidas NMD ανδρικα . -- Anaheim Ducks captain and leading scorer Ryan Getzlaf has been scratched from Sunday nights game against the Vancouver Canucks because of an upper-body injury. Besides providing a days worth of juicy headlines and the opportunity for television channels to revel in the confrontation, the Sourav Ganguly-Ravi Shastri fracas isnt really much of anything. Anil Kumble, by all accounts, made a compelling pitch to be Indias head coach, and frankly, once he showed the inclination for the job, youd rather not look someplace else.However, while the BCCI deserves credit for setting up a robust process to find their next head coach, this farcical public spectacle created by two prominent individuals involved in that process has shown up the flaws in the final stages of its execution.Gangulys outburst on Wednesday, after a couple of days of snarky interviews in which Shastri made the point that Ganguly wasnt present when he, Shastri, was being interviewed, but was instead chairing a meeting at the Cricket Association of Bengal, which he heads - wasnt entirely unexpected. You dont have to be a close friend to know Ganguly has a combative side to his personality, and while he has mellowed over the years, when confronted, the feisty fellow from within pipes up. The tone of the argument aside, bristling as it was with cutting sarcasm, it is the substantive commentary Ganguly offered that must be dissected.I have an advice [sic] for him also, Ganguly said towards the end of his testy rant. When the coach of India is selected - and its one of the most important jobs in cricket - he should be in front of the committee giving his presentation and not sit in Bangkok on holiday and make a presentation on camera, especially when someone who is one of the greatest cricketers of India [of] all time spoke for two hours nearly, Anil Kumble.Ganguly is right. An applicant for a job as high-profile as India coach must show not just urgency but also desperation to convince those selecting him of his merit. For Shastri to make his case over a Skype line in the middle of a holiday doesnt really send that message. Shastri was in Thailand, a short flight from Kolkata. He could have flown in, made his presentation and flown back to resume his holiday the same night.Why then did the BCCI not mandate that all candidates shortlisted for the interviews be present in person in Kolkata? If a prominent organisation were appointing a member of upper management, would those involved not insist on a face-to-face interaction with all those who aspire to the job? So while Ganguly is spot on about implying that Shastri didnt appear to regard the interview process seriously, the BCCI is at fault as well. All it needed was an email to the candidates saying they needed to make themselves available in person.On the other hand, while Gangulys advice to Shastri about being in front of the committee and not sit in Bangkok on holiday is valid, one wonders if he applies the same standard to his co-selectors. He wasnt the only one of the cricket advisory committee missing from the room when Shhastri was being interviewed.ddddddddddddSachin Tendulkar was also on a video call from wherever in the world he is holidaying at the moment. Only VVS Laxman and Sanjay Jagdale were in the room.While modern technology is a miracle, it hasnt fully replaced human interaction yet. So if Ganguly expects - and rightly so - Shastri to have made the effort as a candidate, should he not, by the same token, have expected Tendulkar to do the same? After all, in his own words, this is one of the most important jobs in cricket. Is the process well served if one of the four men entrusted with finding the right candidate is in another location, reliant on an internet connection, and as a result is presumably finding it hard to be part of the conversation? Should not both the interviewers and interviewee regard the process with the same rigour?For his part, Ganguly explained he had already notified the BCCI that he would need time away for a CAB working committee meeting. He explained that he left presuming the process would take a break while he was away, only to be asked if he was okay with letting the others go on with the Shastri interview. To which he said fine. Could he not have been asked to reschedule, considering he was in the midst of conducting interviews for one of the most important jobs in cricket? Shastris bombast, which set off this chain of events, also deserves calling out. It would be only natural for him to be cut up about being denied an extension. It is a high-profile, high-paying position, and Shastri by all accounts was a popular figure in the dressing room. However, by saying he was miffed at Gangulys absence and advising him to next time be at a meeting when someone is being interviewed for a position as important as that, he seems to be issuing a veiled warning.What, though, stopped Shastri from explaining to us whether he did raise this question as his interview began? Did he ask the others why Ganguly was absent? If so, what reply did he get? If he was unhappy with the reply, did he place any kind of protest on record? If he didnt raise the issue of Gangulys absence at all during the interview, why bring it up now? Had he been appointed coach, would he still have considered Gangulys absence disrespectful? Would we have heard him say, I am very thankful for this opportunity, though I do wish Sourav Ganguly would have been around when I was making my case.Those invested in Indian cricket - players, fans, officials and media - will know this is a temporary storm. When Shastri and Ganguly next run into each other there will be the statutory photo ops and plenty of laughter and backslapping. If anything, their tussle should alert the authorities to one minor learning: next time, get everyone in the same room while making critical decisions. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz