Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 68 mal aufgerufen
 News
mary123 Offline

23.09.2019 08:50
a Grand Slam semiifinal Antworten

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Skyler Howard played through a rib injury and Rushel Shell missed most of the second half with leg cramps, yet West Virginia overcame setbacks to their top two offensive threats to break a five-game losing streak to Southeastern Conference teams.Backup running back Justin Crawford rushed for 101 yards and a touchdown filling in for Shell, and Howard stayed in the game to lead the Mountaineers to a 26-11 win over Missouri on Saturday.Well take it, said West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen. Weve got a lot of work to do.So does Missouri, which lost in the debut for coach Barry Odom and fell in an opener for the first time since 2001, which was the first season under previous coach Gary Pinkel.Howard was hurt when he was tackled by Missouris Donavin Newsom while sliding during a run near halftime. Trainers worked on his ribs before the second-half kickoff and he returned to the game.Holgorsen said Howard is sore but no ribs were broken.He knew we needed him, Holgorsen said. The kid is a competitor and is going to do anything ... to help the team win.Howard didnt attempt a carry the rest of the game. He finished 23 of 35 for 235 yards with no touchdowns and an interception.In the brief time Howard sat out, backup quarterback William Crest lost a fumble and Chris Chugunov threw an interception.When guys go down, (other) guys need to go in and play at a high level, Holgorsen said. Some did. Some didnt.Crawford did. The junior college transfer got most of the carries after Shell walked off the field gingerly early in the third quarter and didnt return. Holgorsen said Shell had leg cramps and hes fine.Crawford had a 1-yard scoring run in the third quarter.From a teammate perspective, its good to know when you come off the field theyre putting someone in that is just as good as you, Shell said.Shell finished with 90 yards, including a 23-yard TD in the first quarter. He said he didnt want to return to the game after leaving and mess up the flow and the tempo of the offense.Missouri struggled most of the game under sophomore quarterback Drew Lock, who threw an 8-yard scoring pass to Chris Black with under two minutes left.I dont feel like I did a very good job on this, Odom said. Im obviously very thankful and honored to be the head coach. But Ive got a job to do and I didnt get it done today.THE TAKEAWAYMISSOURI: New offensive coordinator Josh Heupel has two weeks to get the Tigers ready for the grueling Southeastern Conference schedule. The Tigers were lethargic against a West Virginia defense that had nine new starters. Lock finished 23 of 51 for 280 yards.Odom said there was some good and some bad about Locks performance.Hes going to continue to get better, Odom said.WEST VIRGINIA: Like many games last season, the Mountaineers had trouble reaching the end zone following long drives. Four stalled inside the Missouri 10, all leading to short field goals by Mike Molina.Thats not good, Holgorsen said. Theres going to be times where those field goals need to be touchdowns. We have to do a better job of finishing drives.UP NEXTMISSOURI: Tigers fans get to see how Odom does for themselves in the home opener against Eastern Michigan -- a 61-14 winner over Mississippi Valley State -- before Missouris SEC home opener with Georgia a week later.WEST VIRGINIA: The Mountaineers welcome ex-Nebraska coach Bo Pelini in their first-ever meeting with Youngstown State, which gave Pittsburgh a scare on the road a year ago. Vapormax Plus Falsas . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Zapatillas Nike Just Do It Hombre . There was no hesitation from the 40th-ranked Pospisil, from Vernon, B.C., who admitted that he cut back on his training sessions over the last few days to conserve energy as the long ATP season finishes next week at the Paris Masters. http://www.vapormaxbaratas.com/vapormax-flyknit-baratas-venta.html . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Vapormax Flyknit 3 Mujer . The scientists believe the small earthquake during a Marshawn Lynch touchdown was likely greater than Lynchs famous "beast quake" touchdown run three years ago, which also came against New Orleans during a playoff game. Vapormax 97 Baratas . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. LONDON -- With both Serena and Venus Williams through to the last four at the All England Club, the sisters could end up playing each other in a Grand Slam final for the first time since the 2009 edition of The Championships.Tennis fans shouldnt be getting ahead of themselves. With Serena to play Russias Elena Vesnina and Venus to meet Germanys Angelique Kerber in Thursdays semifinals, here are five reasons why that hoped-for all-Williams title match might not materialise:Serenas self-doubtFor Serena, every match is a fight against herself -- she has to overcome that emotion as well as her opponent, her coach, Patrick Mouratoglou, observed recently.Winning Wimbledon again would put Serena level with Steffi Grafs modern-era record of 22 Grand Slam titles, and the closer she gets to history, the more likely she is to experience nerves or self-doubt on the grass.I cant expect Serena not to be human. Serenas emotions show that she cares. She feels something, and she has to fight through those emotions and find solutions on the court, Mouratoglou said.Serena, whose 21st major came at Wimbledon last year, has faltered at her past three Grand Slams -- in the semifinals of last seasons US Open, and in this years Australian Open and Roland Garros finals. Have those defeats left little rips and tears in Serenas on-court psyche?Kerbers confidenceThis is the first time that Kerber has played this tournament as a Grand Slam champion, after her triumph at Januarys Australian Open, and she has never been as self-assured on grass as she is now.That Melbourne victory made her the first German woman to score a major singles title since Graf at Roland Garros in 1999, and she is the only one of the semifinalists yet to drop a set this tournament. No wonder Kerber has been saying, I have a lot of confidence.She already has defeated one Williams sister at a Grand Slam this season too -- with that Australian success coming against Serena -- so why cant she also beat the other one here in the last four? I know how to play on grass, said Kerber, who is in her second Wimbledon semifinal.Major memories fadeCan Venus still remember how to win a Grand Slam semifinal? Its a long time since she played at this stage of a major, with that last appearance in the final four coming at the 2010 US Open.And its seven years since Venus won a Grand Slam semiifinal -- that was at the 2009 Wimbledon Championships, when she finished as the runner-up to her sister.ddddddddddddowever, unlike her younger sister, she wont be walking out on to the grass with a racket bag loaded up with pressure and expectation.At the age of 36, and the oldest Grand Slam semifinalist since Martina Navratilova here in 1994, Venus can play a lot more freely than Serena, carrying mostly romantic hopes on her shoulders rather than anything heavier.Fearless VesninaOf the four semifinalists, its the unseeded Russian who has the least to lose on Thursday. She also has resolved to make the most of her contest with Serena (having fun is about the last thing that will be on the younger Williams sisters mind on Centre Court).Thats a dream semifinal, Vesnina said after getting through to the last four. Nothing can be better than playing against Serena in a semifinal on Centre Court at Wimbledon. Its special.Of course, I need to try to win this match. Its not only about you have to show your best tennis. You have to stick to your game, you have to be solid, you have to enjoy yourself on the court. Of course, I will try to win it.And the more freely Vesnina plays, the more Serena might start doubting herself.Record defenceKerber will be looking to protect Grafs record of 22 Grand Slam titles again. Her victory over Serena at the Australian Open prevented the Californian from going level with the German who dominated the womens game. Yeah, I think I helped Steffi right now, Kerber said after that Melbourne victory.Clearly, Kerbers main motivation will be to win a first Wimbledon title, with any thoughts for Graf secondary.But patriotism could still be a factor if her views on the German soccer team, who play their own semifinal against France in the European Championships on Thursday, are anything to go by.I am looking forward to both [semifinals] actually, Kerber said after beating Dominika Cibulkova in her quarterfinal. I will start, then I hope that the German football team will make the final as well.She would be doing her bit for German tennis if she could beat Venus as that probably would give her a final against Serena and the opportunity to once again stop history being made. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz