Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Games
mary123 Offline

19.09.2019 04:47
NCAA title game in 2013, the Wolverines r Antworten

With 20 rookies teeing up at The 80th Masters, Colin Montgomerie reflects on his debut at Augusta and offers some useful advice for this weeks debutants. There are 20 Masters debutants in the field this week, and if I could offer them one piece of advice above any other, it would be simply: Enjoy the experience.I made my first appearance at Augusta National in 1992 - it might have been 24 years ago, but it is still very much fresh in my memory. I was third in the Order of Merit on the European Tour at the time, and that earned my place. And it was fantastic when the invite arrived from the Masters committee. Colin Montgomerie still has fresh memories of his Masters debut in 1992 Only one man has ever won the Masters at the first attempt, so I think what youve got to do is experience it, enjoy it, and if it does work out well its a bonus.I had a good, solid week and finished inside the top 40 on two under, and the most important thing I learned was to be patient. Its almost impossible to avoid getting ahead of yourself, but its vital to draw yourself back and realise Masters week is a marathon, not a sprint.Youre going to make things harder for yourself if you go for too many shots early on and try to make birdies happen. Theres nothing wrong with keeping it cautious and a 71 or 70 on the first day will do just fine. Its tough to avoid being overwhelmed by your first visit to Augusta I think the hardest part of dealing with my Masters debut was trying not to be overwhelmed by the whole aura of Augusta. You get distracted by the whole occasion, the whole scene, but I managed to make the cut and I was quite happy with a tie for 38th place at the end of the week.The one thing that surprises everybody when they first come here is how hilly the course is, and how dramatic the whole place is. The first view of Amen Corner in particular is something very special, and the unique nature of Augusta makes it such a joy to be here. Andy Sullivan is one of the 20 Masters rookies this week The course has changed from tee to green since my debut, its obviously much longer now, but the greens havent changed at all and getting to grips with the putting surfaces is what its all about.The biggest test for the rookies is coping with the severity of the greens, getting the pace right and trying not to leave six-foot putts for par, because you wont make them all.I enjoyed the experience as a player in 15 appearances, and I still enjoy coming here to commentate for Sky Sports. I did an analysis of the 13th hole before the par-three competition, and it was interesting to hear Augusta chairman Billy Payne confirm they were considering changes to that hole. Monty believes it is time to lengthen the par-five 13th I think the modern game demands that they lengthen the 13th - you cannot be going into par-fives with a wedge like Bubba can do there, and hes not the only one. The only other option is to draw back the golf ball, and you would think - in terms of cost - it would be more common sense to limit how far the ball goes than it would to have to buy land to extend tees. Also See: When to watch the Masters Changes considered at Augusta Opinion Get Sky Sports Vapormax Flyknit Vente . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. Vapormax Plus En Solde . Varlamov made 33 saves and Ryan OReilly had a goal and scored in the shootout as the Avalanche beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Thursday night. http://www.vapormaxsolde.fr/basket-vapormax-plus-grossiste.html . The team also announced Tuesday that the Braves will wear a commemorative patch on the right sleeve during the season. The patch, shaped like home plate, carries the number 715, Aarons autograph and a "40th Anniversary" banner. Vapormax Pas Cher . LOUIS -- Valtteri Filppula assisted on three of Tampa Bays four goals, and the Lightning beat the St. Vapormax Solde .C. -- Calgarys Kevin Koe did it the hard way again. ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- As successful as Michigan has been under John Beilein, the Wolverines have also become a bit predictable.Theyll shoot well from the perimeter, and theyre an unselfish team thats difficult to guard because of their superior precision and spacing. On defense, they avoid fouling and dont force many turnovers -- and their opponents are often all too comfortable at that end of the court.This season, Beilein is hoping to correct some of those defensive problems.New assistant Billy Donlon, who joined the Michigan staff this offseason after a six-year run as head coach at Wright State, is the man Beilein is turning to for defensive expertise. The Wolverines barely made the NCAA Tournament last season but return plenty of experience -- and they could certainly take a big step forward in 2016-17 if Donlon can help them become a stingier group.I am giving him a lot of responsibility, Beilein said at media day Monday. My eye, and the detail that we do in offense, I think hes got a similar eye for defense, and were trying to combine that without confusing everybody.When Michigan reached the NCAA title game in 2013, the Wolverines ranked No. 1 in the nation in KenPom.coms offensive efficiency stat. They were No. 3 the following season, when they went to the Elite Eight.Defensively, its been a different story. Michigan was 88th in 2014, 99th in 2015 and 95th last season. Thats bad enough to be a real problem in seasons when the offense is merely good and not outstanding.You cant really move the offensive needle, Donlon said. I think the players are wanting to also move the defensive needle some, and I think they recognize if we do that, what could happen.Michigan is rarely aggressive on the offensive boards, and its defensive problems have only fueled the criticism that comes with being more of a finesse team.We know people like to call us soft, senior Zak Irvin said.ddddddddddddIt is a mindset to be tough. Weve got to do the gritty things, and were working on that each day.One of the trademarks of Michigans defense has been a lack of fouling. Many coaches would be happy with that, but its fair to wonder if the Wolverines have been operating at too much of an extreme. Michigan averaged 15.5 fouls a game last season. Donlons Wright State team averaged 22.Could Michigan benefit from a little more aggressiveness on defense, even if it leads to more fouls?You look at some of our guys stats, some guys didnt average two fouls a game, so thats a little bit too cautious, Beilein said. Somehow weve got to take Bills defense where they fouled more, and still stay out of the one-and-one and still keep our best players on the floor.Beileins program isnt about to undergo any sort of overhaul. His accomplishments at Michigan include the Final Four in 2013, as well as Big Ten titles in 2012 and 2014. But the last couple seasons have been more of a struggle, thanks in part to injuries to some key players. The Wolverines missed the NCAA Tournament in 2015 and were eliminated in the round of 64 last year.He had to shake up his staff a bit this offseason because Bacari Alexander was hired to lead the Detroit Titans and Wisconsin-Milwaukee hired LaVall Jordan.In Donlon, Beilein hopes hes found someone who can help the Wolverines in an area where theyve been lacking.He is a head coach that is now as the assistant coach, Beilein said. Hes got a lot of the head coach qualities already, where hes strong with his command. ... I can tell by our kids eyes, they are learning from him, they love listening to him.---Follow Noah Trister at www.Twitter.com/noahtrister ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz