Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Quiz
mary123 Offline

03.09.2019 08:04
Washington led 14-10 at haalftime Antworten

SAINT-LO, France -- Not too long ago, a successful Tour de France for Mark Cavendish meant coming away with a handful of victories.Not anymore. And not only because German rivals Marcel Kittel and Andre Greipel have taken over as cyclings top sprinters.The sprint opportunities are less, Cavendish said on Thursday, lamenting how Tour organizers have created more challenging routes in recent years with more hilly stages in the opening week, as opposed to the purely flat opening stages that the race once started with.In 2008, it was 18 Cat (category) 2, Cat 1 and HC (Hors Categorie, beyond category) climbs in the whole Tour de France. Last year, there was 18 in the last week. This year, theres 28 Cat 2, Cat 1 and HC climbs, Cavendish said. Its quite an increase.He won four stages in 2008, six in 2009, five each in 2010 and 2011, and three in 2012. But over the last three races, he has won a total of three stages, and just one last year.While the first three stages this year -- highlighted by Saturdays scenic opening leg from Mont-Saint-Michel to Utah Beach -- set up well for sprinters, the route gets hilly from the fourth day onward.It makes more people win, which is good for the sport but it definitely changes our approach, Cavendish said. You dont go with a nine-man leadout team to the Tour de France anymore unless youre happy with just a couple of stage wins.Theres a longer list of GC (general classification) contenders than there ever was. And the teams are built behind them. That makes it very difficult for the sprinters.The 31-year-old British rider, nicknamed the Manx Missile, joined South African team Dimension Data for this season after shoulder surgery in September. He withdrew during last years race with ruptured ligaments in his right shoulder.Cavendish prepared for the Tour by opening his season in February, and has raced constantly to mixed results -- winning one stage each in the Tour of Qatar, Tour of Croatia, and Tour of California. He finished second to Adam Blythe in the British championships last weekend.Its been completely different. I used a lot of racing to build up my endurance, Cavendish said. I really dont know how its going to be. It could be the best thing in the world. It could be the worst thing Ive ever done.With 26 career stage wins in the Tour, Cavendish sits third on the all-time list behind Eddy Merckx (34) and Bernard Hinault (28).Hes aiming for early and late wins this year, especially on the concluding stage in Paris.The biggest stage in the world, Cavendish said, is the Champs-Elysees for a sprinter.---Andrew Dampf on Twitter: www.twitter.com/asdampf Derrick Thomas Youth Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Derrick Thomas Chiefs Jersey . -- If Henry Burris has his way, he will be the starting quarterback to lead the Hamilton Tiger-Cats back to the Grey Cup next year. http://www.thechiefsshoponline.com/Youth-frank-clark-chiefs-jersey/ . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. Len Dawson Jersey . Luis Suarezs double powered Liverpool to a 4-0 victory over Fulham, and Southampton easily overcame Hull 4-1 to continue the south coast clubs impressive start to the season. Liverpool and Southampton sent Chelsea down to fourth place as the west London club was held to 2-2 at home. Tony Gonzalez Jersey . -- Bryant McKinnie came out of his stance and lowered his shoulder into a practice squad player, causing a crisp thud to reverberate in the Miami Dolphins practice bubble. SALT LAKE CITY -- Mitch Wishnowsky had pushed No. 4 Washington in a back-and-forth showdown with No. 17 Utah. The Utah punter had the Huskies on their heels and on the wrong side of the field so much that Washington coach Chris Petersen laughed when he pinned his team on the 7 in the third quarter.But then Wishnowsky outkicked his coverage, somewhat, late in the fourth quarter and gave Washington an opening.Dante Pettis returned the punt 58 yards for a touchdown with 3:25 left and Washington held off Utah 31-24 on Saturday to remain undefeated.Honestly, I thought I was going to get tackled to begin with, Pettis said. I somehow slipped out of that. I was a little afraid because I lost about five yards to begin with. Once I got around that, my blockers did a good job setting up open space and that was it.That guy was a good punter. The best Ive seen. The ball would just hang in the air forever and it was hard to judge where the ball was really going, but his leg paid off for us in the end.After Utah tied it at 24 with 9:07 left, Washington (8-0, 5-0 Pac-12) pinned the Utes on their own 1 on quarterback Jake Brownings pooch punt. The Utes (7-2, 4-2) went three-and-out and punted to Pettis, who ran parallel toward the far sideline, broke a tackle and outran everyone else. It was Pettis second punt return touchdown of the year and the first Utah has allowed since 2009.Browning threw for 186 yards and two touchdowns, and Myles Gaskin ran for 151 and a touchdown.It was awesome for Dante to get that return at the end because thats a heck of a punter, Petersen said. Hes a weapon. We could get nothing. He just kept driving us back, driving us back. . We finally got our chance and Dante made a couple guys miss and hats off to him.This is real football, Pac-12 football. ... This is how it goes, sometimes you have to grind out games in the fourth quarter.Fans may have gotten a preview of the Pac-12 championship game as the Huskies continue to hold the top spot in the North Division. The Utes fell a game behind Colorado, but remain in the hunt.Utah quarterback Troy Williams threw for 163 yards and two touchdowns while Joe Williams continued his remarkable post-retirement career with 172 rushing yards and a touchdown.The two teams went back and forth in the second half after Washington led 14-10 at haalftime.dddddddddddd The Utes were on the ropes, trailing 14-0 in the second quarter, when safety Chase Hansen read Brownings eyes, jumped a deep route and returned the interception 30 yards to set up Joe Williams 2-yard touchdown run. It was Brownings first interception since Sept. 24. Andy Phillips kicked a field goal as time expired in the second quarter.Did they win on that, I dont know, Utah coach Kyle Whittingham said about the punt return. Thats a great play by them, but if we punt it and they milk the clock down and kick a field goal, maybe that gave us our best chance to win -- just get the ball back immediately. ... You never know how things are going to play out.That punt wasnt bad. We missed a tackle or two. ... We had really controlled the field position with Mitch and the punting game up until that last punt.THE TAKEAWAYWASHINGTON: The Huskies have a clear path to the Pac-12 championship game and a possible College Football Playoff berth. Utah was the last team on the schedule that is currently ranked. An undefeated Pac-12 champion will likely be included in the playoff.UTAH: The Utes look to the season-finale against Colorado. The goal was to win the Pac-12 South and play in the title game, but the loss gives Colorado (6-2, 4-1) the edge in the division. The Buffaloes host Utah in the last game of the season.Thats the plan, win out and play them again, Troy Williams said.POLL IMPLICATIONSWASHINGTON: The Huskies are likely to remain No. 4 unless No. 3 Clemson loses to No. 12 Florida State on Saturday night.UTAH: The Utes may drop a few spots, but shouldnt be penalized too harshly after pushing the No. 4 team in the country to the brink.ALL LOVETroy Williams signed with Washington as a top-ranked dual-threat quarterback in 2013, but ended up transferring to Santa Monica College. He said there were no hard feelings, but hed been waiting for this game.It was great and nothing personal, just business, Williams said. It wasnt fit for me to be there at the end of the day and theyre my brothers for life, just like these guys sitting here.UP NEXTWASHINGTON: The Huskies travels to face California on Nov. 5.UTAH: The Utes are at Arizona State on Nov. 10. ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz