Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Freizeit
mary123 Offline

28.08.2019 08:46
team tournament in Orlando beginning Thursday Antworten

PRO FOOTBALLNEW YORK -- NFL stars James Harrison, Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers can start the regular season without having the specter of a league investigation over whether they used performance-enhancing drugs hanging over their heads.The NFL cleared all three players, saying there was no credible evidence the players were guilty of any of the claims made in a documentary by Al-Jazeera America in January.An NFL statement said the investigation involved witness interviews, a review of relevant records and other materials, electronic research, and laboratory analysis and review.The league threatened Harrison, Matthews, Peppers and free agent Mike Neal with indefinite suspensions if they did not meet with investigators.All of them were mentioned in an Al-Jazeera television interview with Charlie Sly, who worked as an intern at an anti-aging clinic.PHILADELPHIA -- A last-minute appeal in the NFL concussion case, filed by the son of an all-star and civil rights activist, has sent the proposed settlement to the U.S. Supreme Court and delays payouts for at least several months.The family of the late Buffalo Bills fullback Carlton Cookie Gilchrist asked the high court Tuesday to review whether the judge should have approved the potential $1 billion settlement without a full challenge to the scientific evidence presented jointly by both sides.The appeal, for instance, questions why more money is awarded for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, than for chronic traumatic encephalopathy, or CTE, which some researchers link more closely with football concussions. At least two sets of other plaintiffs were granted extensions of the Tuesday deadline and can appeal through next month.Players lawyers who support the 2013 settlement negotiated with the league on behalf of 21,000 retirees insist their clients need financial and medical help now. Lawyer Jim Acho of Detroit, who sent a letter to clients Tuesday that said no further appeals had been filed and the payouts were imminent, called the Gilchrist appeal unbelievable.ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Tom Brady has found at least one thing to do during his suspension.The New England Patriots quarterback will return to his alma mater to be Michigans honorary captain Sept. 17 when it hosts Colorado.Brady will sit out the first four games of the NFL season, serving a suspension because of his role in what has become known as Deflategate. The Patriots drafted Brady out of Michigan in the sixth round in 2000 after he shared time as senior with Drew Henson.Michael Jordan will serve as honorary captain for the seventh-ranked Wolverines on Saturday when they open the season against Hawaii. Michigan is the first and only college or pro football team to wear Jordan Brand apparel, cleats and shoes.COLLEGE FOOTBALLEast Carolina, UNLV and New Mexico are out of the Big 12s expansion derby.Officials at each school said that they were notified by the Big 12 that they are no longer being considered for membership.East Carolina spokesman Tom McClellan says Commissioner Bob Bowlsby notified Chancellor Cecil Staton of the decision Tuesday by phone.Athletic director Jeff Compher says its obviously not the decision we were hoping for, but expressed satisfaction that we were able to tell our story to not only the Big 12, but the entire nation.UNLV President Len Jessup and athletic director Tina Kunzer-Murphy issued a statement later in the day to acknowledge the Rebels were no longer being considered. UNLV has been a member of the Mountain West since 1990.New Mexico President Robert told the Albuquerque Journal that the school received very positive feedback from the Big 12, but was informed it would no longer be part the conferences expansion search. The Lobos are also a member of the Mountain WestCHICAGO -- The latest round of class-action concussion lawsuits against the NCAA and major college football conferences were filed by former college football players from Florida State, Miami, Florida, Mississippi State, Kentucky, Louisville and Murray State.The lawsuits were filed in federal courts by Chicago-based attorney Jay Edelson. The seven lawsuits increase the total number to 22 filed since May.The players are seeking damages for injuries they claim are the result of mishandled concussions they suffered while playing college football.In most cases the lawsuits name the NCAA and the conferences in which the schools competed. State laws protect most schools from being sued. The University of Miami, a private school, is named in the lawsuit filed by former defensive back Ryan Hill, who played for the Hurricanes from 2006-2010.BROADCASTINGHOUSTON -- TNT basketball broadcaster Craig Sager received a rare third bone marrow transplant as he continues his fight against cancer.OK, third times the charm, Sager said moments after the process began.The 65-year-old Sager has battled acute myeloid leukemia since 2014, and announced in March that he was no longer in remission.His son, Craig Sager II, was the donor for his first two transplants, which put the elder Sager into remission for close to a year each time. This time, the anonymous 20-year-old donor was considered a perfect match.BRISTOL, Conn. -- ESPN analyst Chris Mortensen says his throat cancer has been virtually reduced to zero detection.Mortensen was diagnosed in January and underwent intensive chemotherapy and radiation treatments. He has been on a leave of absence from the network. He says he anticipates returning for NFL coverage on a limited basis this season.I do have scheduled exams and scans during the next three months to monitor my status, he says, but my oncologists have directed me to recover and rehab from the treatments that have resulted in lengthy hospitalization, significant weight loss, strength, endurance and related health issues. I am following instructions to overcome these challenges.PRO HOCKEYFollowing the lead of the World Anti-Doping Agency, the NHL has added meldonium to its list of banned substances.Deputy commissioner Bill Daly confirmed the addition in an email to The Associated Press. It was first reported by the Russian news agency Tass.The change goes into effect for the upcoming season. The NHL and NHL Players Association had to agree to add meldonium to its list of prohibited substances, as with any changes to the performance-enhancing drug program.Daly says that decision was made for the same reason WADA banned meldonium on Jan. 1. Air Force 1 Cheap Uk . They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. Air Force 1 Sale Mens Cheap . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. http://www.airforce1cheapuk.com/air-force-1-just-do-it-wholesale-uk/air-force-1-just-do-it-white.html . Note: The Calgary Flames announced Tuesday that Sean Monahan would not be made available to Canadas World Junior team. Air Force 1 Womens Uk . -- Ken Appleby made 32 saves for his first shutout of the season to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 2-0 win over the Belleville Bulls on Wednesday in Ontario Hockey League action. Air Force 1 Just Do It Black Uk . 4 Villanova with a 96-68 drubbing on Monday. Wragge hit 9-of-14 from behind the arc, matching Kyle Korvers school record for 3-pointers in a game set in 2003, as Creighton (16-3, 6-1 Big East broke a conference record with 21 treys in the rout. CORAL GABLES, Fla. -- Dejan Vasiljevic is a native of Canada with Serbian roots who grew up in Australia and has now found a home as a shooting guard for the Miami Hurricanes.Vasiljevic is the most well-traveled member of a talented freshman class already playing a significant role for the Hurricanes, who compete in an eight-team tournament in Orlando beginning Thursday.In Miamis first three games, all wins, Vasiljevic has averaged 11.7 points while going 9 for 18 from 3-point range.He can really, really shoot, coach Jim Larranaga said. I told him he reminds me of me -- a really good offensive player who doesnt play much D. He really tries, but youre guarding a different kind of player, an athlete who is very skilled, and he hasnt faced that kind of athlete on a regular basis. So hes learning.Vasiljevics background suggests hes quick to adapt.My parents are from the former Yugoslavia, he said. Because of the war, they decided to move here and there.He was born in Calgary and moved to Melbourne when he was 6. He has Canadian and Australian citizenship, and plans to apply eventually for citizenship in Serbia, where he still has family. His parents and sister live in Australia.His unusual accent -- mostly Aussie, a bit Serbian -- made him somewhat difficult for teammates to understand at first.Im trying to get rid of the Australian slang in my speech, said Vasiljevic, who pronounces his name DAY-on Vass-EEL-uh-vitch and goes by DJ. At first they didnt know what I was trying to say, but Ive gotten into their vocabulary and how they speak.Teammate JaQuan Newton said Vasiljevic was shy and quiet when he first arrived.But now hes talking the language we talk, Newton said. Hes picking up our lingo. Hes very pllayful.ddddddddddddAnd he can play. His parents both played semi-professional handball, but he took up basketball at 12 and quickly became hooked, modeling his game after Croatian NBA star Drazen Petrovic, who died in a car crash four years before Vasiljevic was born.Vasiljevic has given the young Hurricanes a perimeter threat as the offense retools after the departure of last seasons leading scorers, Sheldon McClellan and Angel Rodriguez.His shooting ability caught the eye of college recruiters in the summer of 2015 playing for a U-19 team in Europe. He made visits to Miami and Stanford and chose the Hurricanes because he liked Larranaga and the weather.I thought it was the perfect fit for me, he said. Its a new family to me, a new home.Vasiljevics parents probably wont make it to the United States this season to see him play in person. He said he misses moms cooking, and notes there are no longer kangaroos in his backyard.But the biggest adjustment has been dealing with cars driving on the right-hand side of the road, opposite from Australia. Hes in no rush to obtain a U.S. drivers license and gets where hes going mostly by walking, which isnt much of a problem because he lives on campus.Vasiljevic wants to get a degree and plans on a four-year stay rather than an early exit for the NBA. He likes Miami so well he helped land two prospects in next years recruiting class and would be happy to give other prep players his sales pitch.Im 2 for 2, he said. Lets see if I can keep it going.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz