Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 41 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
dasg234 Offline

27.08.2019 14:16
ere unavailable, that the Canadian landscape is bri Antworten

LONDON -- Andy Murray capped off the finest season of his career with two more significant feats.In front of some of Hollywoods finest including Kevin Spacey, Clive Owen, Woody Harrelson and Jude Law, Murray charged to a 6-3, 6-4 win Sunday against Novak Djokovic to win his first ATP World Tour championship and secure the No. 1 ranking.The match, between two players whose friendship goes back to their teenage years, when they grew up playing together at the Sánchez-Casal academy in Barcelona, lasted 1 hour, 42 minutes, and when it was over, Murray dropped his racket and put his hands on his head.Its something I never, never expected, Murray said in his on-court interview.Djokovic gave him a warm embrace and some kind words at the net in a show of the enormous respect between them.Today we both were part of the history, Djokovic said. It was an honor to be part of the big occasion. Andys definitely No. 1 of the world. Hes the best player. He deserved to win.It was a career-best 24th straight victory and a fifth consecutive title for the Scot. In all, Murray won nine titles in a glittering season that also included a third major at Wimbledon and a second Olympic gold.Murray became just the 17th different player in the history of the rankings to finish the season No. 1. He did it in a year in which his brother, Jamie Murray, finished No. 1 in the doubles rankings with partner Bruno Soares.Its been a tough rivalry with Novak, said Murray, who trails 24-11 in their head-to-head matches. Weve played Grand Slam finals, Olympics, matches like this. Ive lost many of them. Im happy I managed to get the win today and finish the year as No. 1.Djokovic sprayed the court with unforced errors Sunday -- 30 in all -- while Murray rolled largely because of the impressive 84 percent of points he won on his first serve.A fast start was key for Murray. Going into Sundays meeting, Djokovic was 19-0 against the Scot when taking the first set.Murray double-faulted twice in his first service game, and it looked like all that he had been through this week had taken its toll. The semifinal against Milos Raonic alone must have been an enormous drain on him physically and mentally. He spent a season-high (in a best-of-three match) 3 hours, 38 minutes on court Saturday, while Djokovic came through in 66 minutes in a blowout over Kei Nishikori.I felt tired. I slept well last night, but I didnt feel great this morning, Murray later told a news conference. The practice, the warm-up for the match, I was hitting the ball fine, but just a bit sluggish, a bit heavy-legged.Thankfully the first sort of seven games of the match, there was no long rallies really at all, which for us is strange. Novak came out and served great his first couple service games. I got a lot of free points off my first serve, as well.The body language was positive from Murray. After Murray missed two early break points in the sixth game of the match, the linesman failed to spot a double fault from Djokovic. Murray knew it was out but knew he could do nothing about it. He got his head down and kept at it.Djokovic was hesitant to trade blows, and Murray was the one drawing mistakes. He took his third break point of the first set to open up a 5-3 lead and closed it out after 46 minutes when Djokovic reeled off his 11th unforced error.He wasnt about to sit back. He broke immediately at the start of the second set and got the double break for 4-1. Djokovic just didnt look like he fancied it.But the Serb was never going to take a hammering like this lying down. Murray finally faced his first break point after 78 minutes, and Djokovic managed to make it 4-2. He then caused Murray some anxiety by saving two match points, but the Briton took his third to make history.It wasnt really until the middle of the second set when the rallies started to get extended and longer that my legs were starting to feel it, said Murray. Thats why it became harder, as well, to close the match out, because I knew that the longer the match went, the worse I was going to feel, and probably the better he was going to play, too.I was lucky I got it finished in two sets.This was Murrays first win over Djokovic indoors, an illustration of how much work Murray has done in the gym the past few years.He has found ways to get over hurdles throughout his career, and there has been none higher than toppling Djokovic, who held all four Grand Slams simultaneously after their last meeting in the French Open final on June 5.Afterward, Murray said he was going to take two weeks off from tennis before starting preparation for the 2017 season.?David Backes Bruins Jersey . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. Kevan Miller Jersey . 10 VCU 85-67 on Thursday night at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Seminoles (4-0) have scored at least 80 points in each of their games. http://www.thebostonbruinshockey.com/danton-heinen-hockey-jersey/ . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. Matt Grzelcyk Jersey . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Phil Esposito Bruins Jersey .com) - Following a late-game loss to the reigning NBA champs, the Toronto Raptors will look to sustain their recent high-level play as they travel to Indiana to take on the Pacers.DENVER -- Struggling to find scoring through almost three full games of the CONCACAF Gold Cup, Canada could have used some help in its final match against Panama on Sunday. In need of a win to keep its slim hopes of advancing alive, Canada nearly caught a break late in the match when forward Marcus Haber went down in the Panama 18-yard box. But although there was contact, the referee decided against awarding a penalty as Canada crashed out of the tournament thanks to a 0-0 draw in both teams Group C finale. "Hes an honest player and he hasnt done anything wrong. Hes been fouled inside the box, in my opinion, and I think it is a penalty kick," said Canadian interim head coach Colin Miller. "And I said to the referee also after the game that I thought it was a penalty kick." Even with a win Canada would have needed a lopsided result in the Martinique-Mexico match to advance to the tournaments quarter-finals with a goal differential. Beating Panama was a tall order for Canadas youth-laden squad. As Canada continues rebuilding its mens soccer program, Miller is taking solace in the progression he saw over the course of the tournament. "They have been fantastic to work with and Im very grateful for the efforts of the staff and the players," said Miller, whose time as interim head coach comes to an end with Benito Floro set to take over the team next month. "They have given Floro some hope that between the players that we have here and the players that were unavailable, that the Canadian landscape is brighter than some people would give us credit for. Im very optimistic. The problem that Canada has and you saw it again today is in the attacking third." Neither side created much in the way of chances in a game in which Panama needed just a point to win Group A. Canada exits the tournament having not scored a goal after losses to Martinique and Mexico preceded Sundays result. Miller says Canada needs time to catch up to programs around thhe world.dddddddddddd. "In Canada, and I think this is a general statement, I think we need to be more realistic in our expectations at the moment," said Miller, who was a member of the only Canadian team to qualify for the World Cup in 1986. "We have players that are playing across the world and MLS has been a fantastic vehicle for the United States in terms of their development. We have now got to try to push our Canadian players forward into the first teams of the MLS in order to give them this sort of opportunity and I think that the more we do that, the better off we will be." Canada was lucky to not go down a goal down in the 18th minute when defender Ashtone Morgan failed to clear a Panamanian cross. The ball was collected by Marcos Sanchez, who had time and space, but his curling right-footed effort went wide. The Canadians had their best chance of the half 10 minutes later when Marcel de Jongs corner kick found defender David Edgar, but he was unable to make clean contact with his head. Canada gifted Panama another opportunity in the 40th minute when Jairo Jimenez swung in a free kick that Pedro Pacheco couldnt clear properly. The ball fell to Blas Perez, but his header missed the target. Panama controlled possession early in the second half but it was Morgan again who gave away a chance in the 48th minute when he headed the ball right to Jimenez. He let a long-range shot go that forced Canadian goalkeeper Milan Borjan to make a diving save to his right. As the second half progressed, Canada controlled good portions of the game but couldnt find the decisive goal that would have kept their hopes of moving onto the quarter-finals alive. Miller coached Canada in six international games in 2013 as interim coach. He leaves with two ties and four losses. "I would not turn down, ever, the opportunity to coach our national team," Miller said. "Its been an absolute privilege to work with the staff and the players." ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz