Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Spiel
mary123 Offline

26.08.2019 09:28
the 13th active player to rea Antworten

OWINGS MILLS, Md. -- Joe Flacco and the Baltimore Ravens are optimistic that the starting quarterback will play at the New York Jets after he missed Wednesdays practice with a right shoulder injury.To me, he will be out there, coach John Harbaugh said after practice. Its my belief hell be out there.A league source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder that Flacco has irritation in the joint of his throwing shoulder, which he has experienced before. The source said the Ravens expect Flacco to play, but a final determination might not be made until as late as Saturday.Flacco said he didnt feel the injury during Sundays 27-23 loss to the New York Giants. He felt a little something in the locker room after the game and underwent a magnetic resonance imaging test after reporting the injury to the team Monday.Its nothing to worry about, Flacco said. It was probably best to take the day off, come back and see how it feels [Thursday].If Flacco is sidelined, the Ravens would turn to Ryan Mallett, who went 1-1 as a starter for Baltimore last season.Flacco started 137 straight games, the fifth-longest streak in NFL history for quarterbacks, before suffering a season-ending knee injury last November. He is the 27th-rated passer this season (78.9), throwing for 1,589 yards with five touchdowns and four interceptions.This latest injury isnt about how much pain he can tolerate.Its about making sure you can throw the ball good enough to help your team, Flacco said.Flacco hopes hell know whether he can play sometime this week and this wont become a game-time decision. He doesnt have to practice this week in order to play Sunday because of his experience, according to Harbaugh.I believe he has a legitimate chance to play, Harbaugh said. Theres no tougher guy than Joe.Flacco was among the nine players who didnt practice Wednesday for the short-handed Ravens. Its a list that includes wide receiver Steve Smith Sr. (ankle), linebackers Terrell Suggs (biceps), C.J. Mosley (hamstring) and Elvis Dumervil (foot) and guard Marshal Yanda (shoulder). TreQuan Smith Youth Jersey . -- Damian Lillard and LaMarcus Alrdridge were again the go-to duo for the Trail Blazers against the Kings. Alvin Kamara Jersey . Inter president Erick Thohir says in a club statement on Wednesday that Vidic is "one of the worlds best defenders and his qualities, international pedigree, and charisma will be an asset. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Marshon-Lattimore-Jersey/ . Each of Houstons starters scored in double figures as the Rockets improved to 2-0 against the Spurs this season, with both victories coming on the road. They also moved within 3 1/2 games of San Antonio (22-7) for the lead the Southwest Division. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson Youth Jersey . -- Sergey Tolchinksy scored his second goal of the game 3:56 into overtime as the Sault Ste. Archie Manning Womens Jersey . Peter Gammons, an analyst for Major League Baseballs network and website, drew the ire of hockey fans on Sunday when he criticized the two NHL teams on Twitter for their physical game the night before. PITTSBURGH -- DeAngelo Williams isnt obsessed with his numbers. The Pittsburgh Steelers running back isnt really keeping track of them anyway, though if hes being honest hes getting a little tired of his age coming up in nearly every conversation.Yes, Williams is aware hes 33, a time when backs are either retired or rapidly heading in that direction one carry at a time. And yet there Williams was, churning out a career-high 32 carries for 94 yards and adding four receptions for another 38 and a touchdown in a 24-16 win over the Bengals on Sunday.Somebody said in the locker room, `Youre either old or you are good, which one are you? Williams said. And I was like, `I dont know.By all accounts, Williams seems to be both.While the yards didnt come as easily in the rain at Heinz Field as they did last Monday in a romp over Washington, it hardly mattered. Williams found enough room to keep the chains moving, the Cincinnati offense off the field, and the Steelers unbeaten. Who cares if his yards per carry (a modest 2.9) wont exactly have fantasy football owners rubbing their hands with glee?Last Williams checked, he dealt in reality. And the reality is Williams is doing more than serving as a caretaker while LeVeon Bell serves his three-game suspension for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. He is thriving.Ill take a 3.0 (average) in a win any day as opposed to a 7.0 in a loss, Williams said.Williams also went over 10,000 yards from scrimmage on his career, the 13th active player to reach that plateau. Pardon him, however, if he doesnt get too worked up over it.Its yards man, he said. I am hunting one thing and one thing only, and its a Super Bowl. The 10,000 yards up until this point havent translated into a Super Bowl, so it means nothing to me.Maybe, but the 132 combined yards he piled up against Cincinnati meant plenty to the Steelers. It kept Pittsburgh afloat on a day quarterbaack Ben Roethlisberger wasnt his normally crisp self.ddddddddddddIt also served notice that while the years next to Williams name are climbing, the miles still remain relatively low.Williams is well aware one of the reasons hes still around is thanks to his nine seasons in Carolina, where he split carries with teammates, namely Jonathan Stewart. It worked for the Panthers. Theres every reason to think it may work for the Steelers when Bell returns in Week 4. Just dont expect Williams to start clamoring for it.Sure Williams believes hes good at his job. Its just that Bell is probably better.The thing I wanted to do when I got here, is when Bell went off the field, not to take any pressure off the defense, Williams said. But Bell is so dynamic when he plays the game I dont want him to come off the field.They do provide a study in contrast. While Bell will patiently wait for the blocks ahead of him to develop -- even occasionally placing one of his hands on the back of a lineman -- Williams takes a more direct approach. Whenever he met with resistance on Sunday, he lowered his head or his shoulders (or both) and tried to make room on his own.Hes also made an impact in the passing game. His touchdown grab on Sunday was his first since 2013, but also his 10th reception of the season. In 18 games with the Steelers Williams already has 50 catches. Thats nearly as many as he had from 2011-14 combined.Williams will get one more chance next week in Philadelphia before Bells familiar No. 26 is cleared to return. And Williams will cede the spot atop the depth chart to one of the leagues most versatile players. Hell still be plenty ready, however, when called on. Just like always.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz