Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
Zündel-Forum
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Schule
mary123 Offline

23.08.2019 09:03
hese are not the losing Bengals of th Antworten

It was tough to tell that a world title had been won. Pankaj Advani was a picture of relief following the five-hour final, having worn down defending champion Peter Gilchrist 6-3 in the World Billiards Championship (points format) in Bengaluru on Monday.The muted celebrations could probably be ascribed to the dozen-odd world titles that line Advanis cabinet - 15 to be precise, with this being his 12th billiards crown. To think he is all of 31, a towering feat by any measure.Im extremely relieved to win this title, Pankaj said, after the match. Given that Ive played very little billiards this year and winning it at home is special. Advani had lost to Sourav Kothari in the pre-quarterfinals of the long up format last week.The points format is a shorter version of the game with players needing to score 150 points to win a frame with the final being played in a best of 11 frames.Im glad Ive come through. The shorter format of the game is more or less a lottery. Of course you need the skill and ability, but certain things dont go your way and the opponent can just run away with the match. Im glad that Ive been able to use my presence of mind which has been lacking at times because I played a lot of snooker this year and very little billiards. I gave it my all.?Getting off to a good start, Advani came agonizingly close to a century break - 98 - in the opening frame before his visit was cut short by the baulk line regulation, a factor which Advani conceded bothered him even during the latter part of the match.According to the rules, when a break is anywhere between 80-100 points, a player should bring his cue ball to cross the baulk line, or the straight line on the table behind which the cue balls are usually placed at the start of the game.I had an 86 in the seventh frame and I was thinking of the baulk line. I was troubled by it a little, he said. The Karnataka Snooker and Billiards Association (KSBA) last hosted the world billiards championship in 2008, with Advani winning the title in both the formats.A welcome sight on Monday though was the packed spectators arena, at times to the chagrin of the players during crucial breaks, as they were more than occasionally distracted by movements. Gilchrist, though, later acknowledged that the crowds reminded him of similar scenes from two decades ago in India, when he played alongside Michael Ferreira.Errors were a constant with both players and Pankaj later explained that there was a lot more than what met the eye.The table was very tricky, he said, Both of us acknowledged that it was difficult. Peter found the throw of the cushion tough while for me the balls were not splitting as much. Suddenly it came back to normal later on. In India when you talk about a damp pitch everyone understands, but when you talk about bouncy tables and split being less everyone says its simple errors. ? There could have been more centuries in match, Pankaj added. I felt I did well with my 70s, 80s, 90s as well. As long as youre keeping the scoreboard ticking, youre opponent will feel the pressure.Up 4-3, Advani gave Gilchrist little wriggle room to mount any sort of a comeback. I actually applied myself a lot in the eighth frame. I said this is the frame you need to win. Once youre 5-3 up, its not easy for any player to comeback. It paid off.A challenge for Advani has been juggling between snooker and billiards - both requiring different skill sets, practice and approach. Just ahead of this tournament, he finished with bronze in the IBSF World Snooker Championship.India is set to host the next four editions of the World Billiards Championship, a heartening and much-needed impetus for the sports sagging fortunes in the country. Julio Jones Womens Jersey . Following a lopsided 5-2 loss against the New Jersey Devils on Wednesday night, Paul MacLean told reporters that "theres a lack of focus, theres a lack of leadership and theres a lack of preparation" with his struggling team. That came on the heels of Bryan Murray taking the unusual step of going into the locker room at the Prudential Center and addressing the players himself. John Cominsky Falcons Jersey . However, he did make them miss him a little less. Cundiff, who had the unenviable job of replacing Dawson last season, agreed Thursday to a one-year, $1. http://www.falconsrookiestore.com/Falcons-Tony-Gonzalez-Jersey/ . Ryan Garbutt had a goal and two assists as Dallas snapped a six-game losing streak with a 5-2 victory over the Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday night. Kendall Sheffield Falcons Jersey . Argentina winger Ezequiel Lavezzi and France midfielder Blaise Matuidi scored, with star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic setting up both despite having a poor game by his high standards. Forward Eduardo gave Ajaccio the lead in the sixth minute after being set up by right winger Benjamin Andre, and the Corsican side looked comfortable in the first half, with the lively Johan Cavalli causing problems with his probing runs from midfield. Kendall Sheffield Youth Jersey .C. - The Carolina Hurricanes have placed backup goalie Anton Khudobin on injured reserve with an unspecified lower-body injury. This story is part of ESPN The Magazines Oct. 31 NBA Preview Issue. Subscribe today!Cincinnati BengalsOverall: 59 Title track: 75 Ownership: 57 Coaching: 74 Players: 57 Fan relations: 98 Affordability: 58 Stadium experience: 95 Bang for the buck: 11 Change from last year: +28The Bengals have steadily gained more respect over the years as they continue to post winning seasons, as seen by a 28-point jump in these standings. These are not the losing Bengals of the 90s anymore; they win, and they win often. But until they can prove they can do it in the postseason too, theyll likely remain in the middle of the franchise rankings.Whats goodDespite five straight playoff berths, the Bengals continue to remain one of the most affordable tickets in the league. Their average ticket price last season was around $71, cheaper than all but eight teams in the NFL. (Added bonus: A $5 beer is the cheapest in the league.) They also hold training camp at their facility, meaning fans in Cincinnati can see them for free in the summer. For a team that has consistently put together winning seasons, its one of the best value buys a fan could get.Whats badFans say the stadium -- ranked 95th in the Ultimate Standings -- has little character andd feels like an ode to concrete.dddddddddddd Although it was built in 2000, its been quickly passed up with 14 new stadiums built since then (and No. 15, the Falcons new stadium, on the way) and now feels a little dated in some ways. Theres hope for 2017, though: Last year, the Bengals put $20 million in improvements into their stadium, including new HD video screens, and this year added a field-level bar that faces the Bengals locker room.Whats newThe Bengals ownership preaches loyalty and consistency -- theyve stuck with coach Marvin Lewis for 14 seasons -- and so far that has paid off. The team rarely brings in splashy free agents, instead choosing to build through the draft, selecting future Pro Bowlers A.J. Green, Tyler Eifert, Andy Dalton, Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, Carlos Dunlap and Andrew Whitworth. The Bengals havent been able to translate that to success in the postseason yet, but theyve quietly become one of the leagues most consistent and stable franchises. Fans havent missed that: They gave the Bengals owners a 38-spot bump this year.Next: Tampa Bay Buccaneers?| Full rankings ' ' '

Sprung  
Kostenloses Forum Hosting
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz